NBA 09-10

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: NBA 09-10

Post by Clams »

Anyone hear the Artest interview where he thanked his psychiatrist? Seriously. :lol:
If you don't run you rust

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

A very poor showing by the Celtics, particularly in the second half. Artest took the game over in the 3rd quarter. Boston played outstanding defense in the first half, but were absolutely killed on the glass. The Lakers were grabbing offensive rebounds at will. If the Celtics had controlled the glass in the first half, the game would've been a blowout. While he is not a superstar by any stretch of the imagination, Perkins is a good rebounder and physical presence in the paint. He was sorely missed in Game 7. Ray Allen disappeared after his record-breaking performance in Game 2. At the end of the day, the Lakers simply outworked Boston in Games 6 & 7. Hard to accept, but very true. Congrats on the win Lajakes and Lakers fans. It was a very, very entertaining series.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

That was a great series. I love those close games. But today is an embarrassing day to be a laker fan. Those idiot cholo gangbangers that use the game as an excuse to riot in the streets make us real fans look bad. It was total anrachy down there and the cops shoulda beat them all and arrested them. They aren't fans. Just street trash.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

In other free agent news, KD signs 5 yr ext with Thunder. Estimated $86m :D

http://newsok.com/berry-tramel-with-kev ... tory_photo

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

So, it looks pretty apparent that Bron Bron is headed to Miami.

Damn, that is going to be a tough team.
Wound up bleeding on the bar floor
We don't bet on the ball no more

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Glad to see Cavs owner Dan Gilbert took it all in stride...

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbe ... 00708.html

Clams

Post by Clams »

rlipps wrote:Glad to see Cavs owner Dan Gilbert took it all in stride...

Well, they still have the Browns and Indians.
If you don't run you rust

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Just saw that on every facebook friends from Ohio s wall. I think it's more about the way it was handled too. Luv it tho.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Comes off really bad. I heard something this morning that's spot on, had Gilbert and the organization not enabled LeBron to the extent that they have, this might not have happened this way. James is a child. The whole spectacle and decision show that in every way. Maverick Carter took control of this show and pushed out World Wide West early in this process and so went the only adult at the party. Children with unlimited cash, and no adult supervision, often do the wrong things.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Anybody catch Scottie Pippen's acceptance speech into the HoF? Class act through and through. Stood in stark contrast to his presenter, Michael Jordan, who took the opportunity during his acceptance speech last year to rip on anyone he thought slighted him. Good show Scottie! Almost makes up for the 1.8 seconds...

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Anybody catch Scottie Pippen's acceptance speech into the HoF? Class act through and through. Stood in stark contrast to his presenter, Michael Jordan, who took the opportunity during his acceptance speech last year to rip on anyone he thought slighted him. Good show Scottie! Almost makes up for the 1.8 seconds...

There was some unfortunate grammar, "MJ, you've touched so many people lives, but none like mines..." but other than that it was a nice speech.
I do not think people really appreciate what a great player Pippen was.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

brstigerfan wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:Anybody catch Scottie Pippen's acceptance speech into the HoF? Class act through and through. Stood in stark contrast to his presenter, Michael Jordan, who took the opportunity during his acceptance speech last year to rip on anyone he thought slighted him. Good show Scottie! Almost makes up for the 1.8 seconds...

There was some unfortunate grammar, "MJ, you've touched so many people lives, but none like mines..." but other than that it was a nice speech.
I do not think people really appreciate what a great player Pippen was.

Being from the Chicago area I got used to Scottie's mangling of the language. He once coined the word "dramastic" which I still use for effect.

But yeah, he was a great player. He was right there with MJ for all six titles and he was the perfect complement to Michael's game. People like to say that he wouldn't have been a HoF player if not for MJ, might be true but I don't think the Bulls win six titles without Scottie either.