Quote of the Year

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Quote of the Year

Post by beantownbubba »

"You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it."

That's the FDA to the geniuses who think that the covid vaccines are untested and unproven despite mountains of evidence and tens of millions of satisfied "customers" to the contrary, but are willing to take (and pay for!) a totally untested and unproven chemical intended to treat non-covid conditions in livestock in doses intended for cows and horses. Even this city slicker knows that cows and horses outweigh the average human by a lot.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Re: Quote of the Year

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:58 am
"You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it."

That's the FDA to the geniuses who think that the covid vaccines are untested and unproven despite mountains of evidence and tens of millions of satisfied "customers" to the contrary, but are willing to take (and pay for!) a totally untested and unproven chemical intended to treat non-covid conditions in livestock in doses intended for cows and horses. Even this city slicker knows that cows and horses outweigh the average human by a lot.
One could argue that there are sheep involved though.... ;)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:26 am
One could argue that there are sheep involved though....
:lol:

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

And I would say to that person, with less scolding and moral superiority and a bit more humility they would probably get a little farther.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Ivermectin was developed to treat onchocerciasis (river blindness) in people. It can be used as a human antiparasitic for certain conditions (or, I believe, as an immunomodulatory). The problem morons are encountering with off-label veterinary products is inadvertent overdosing (along with lack of proven in vivo efficacy).
Now it's dark.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Cole Younger wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:39 pm
And I would say to that person, with less scolding and moral superiority and a bit more humility they would probably get a little farther.

Possible last post. Not that I am tapping out. And This new covid thread is the perfect place for me to expain what i mean by streaming my goings on through my thumb onto this page. Its a long story. Some of its 2 million years old, some is in the future. Maybe. In my mind, its all relavent and its all related.

First i have to turn in this phone right after this, its my work phone that im automatically logged into 3dd with and i dont know my password so i cant log in after this. My attempts at retrieving my password have failed. Maybe its best if i dont log on for awhile anyways. But gauranteed i appreciate being here. And having the option of working through tricky shit with people who arent afraid to engage.
It aint always pretty and we dont always get along, but we dont have to in order to co exist, it seems. It was hard for me to let go of myself and start commenting on here when covid hit. I dont normally expose myself like that on the internet but this is not that. This is a community i trust. Maybe thats why i decided to open up.

Long story long, im giving up tbis job because property mgmt wasnt doing it for me. I like easy money, and getting paid to comment on 3dd, but the rest sucks. So i am ramping up production and going head long into pastured pork. Its already been fun.

But let me tell you its been a whirlwind. The ski and golf company here is starting to carry my pork, and this is where this story gets a little complicated.
My buddy who is a chef and asked if i could supply him with a couple thousand bratwurst for his restraunt on the ski mountain. Done. So i arrange to pick up 9 little piggies.
Sorry but the story turns here.......meanwhile a good friend from college to this day, is in ICU with covid. Going on two weeks.
So chef calls me up and says come up to the golf course and meet one of our members, George Strait, and we will cook him up one of your bratwurst um. Ok. Its a snack shack.out on the course. It was rainy. No one around but us, the king, and his family. We hung out for about an hour. He loved my bratwurst. Chef asked him for a pic. No way i was going to. He put his arm around me and held my bratwurst up. The we visited for 30 minutes. I knew he was an old team roper so we talked about that. We talked about Hank Jr for 10 minutes. Now i know what cloud 9 feels like.....talking to george strait about Hank Jr.
His tequila, Codigo, is now sponsoring ski and golf company, so we talked about serving his tequila and my pork. "The kings tequila and a paupers pork" i said to him. He politely laughsd. This guy defines himility.
I told my buddy, after, you do realize this is the best day of my life dont you, then he rembered i was a texas cowboy and it all came together for him. Making it even more exciting for him. Then we slammed a shot of Codigo, my firat alcohol in 16 months. Meanwhile Codigo, georges song about. Georges tequila, is playing through the speakers. Cant make this stuff up

So now i got the kings endorsment, not that i needed any more motivation to realize animal mgmt > property mgmt.
My life has ptactically come full circle and the rest is just gravy.
And the one guy in my life that wouid appreciate all of this, who i couldnt wait to wake up so i can tell him i hung out with George fucking Strait, died. At the very moment in time i was on cloud 9. And im streaming tears onto this phone right now. Damn few knew me like that amazing husband and father, who leaves this world a better place.

Then i had (got) to wake up the next morning and drive out and pick up 9 little piggies. Life goes on. Or some shit. I was and am very thankful to have the opportunity to provide for critters.
This was friday, but i couldnt even listen to the knew mcmurty, i was having to face the horses and the houds myself. And pigs. A super nice lady who sold me these sweet docile animals, that have never been confined hencforth they didnt need to be medicated, but i digress.
Facing my farm tenants who are partnering with me. Four bare foot home school kids, bright eyed and elated. They have never heard of george strait. They probably havent a clue what covid is. Their dad does and i had to tell him the pigs were all his for a few days, as i am.headed to Texas for a Funeral. Just wiping tears all day but heart warmed by nine little pink pigs and 4 green children. Oh and my daughter starting high school and flourishing. Future prez if we are lucky. In her words, she has a liberal ass mom and this guy for a dad. Beautiful.

And now the crew from West Texas a&m has a reason to get together. Shitty circumstances. Re connecting with people i should have never lost touch with has been amazing and we have all decided to stay an extra day in Lubbock to hang out and celebrate our boy. A man who, without hyperbole, left this world a better place. Ive never know anyone to be so accepting of individuals, no matter their creed, race, religion, color, national origin, drug habits, vax stautus, political affiliation etc. And thats the man i want to be. Many attempt it. Few pull it off.

I wish i could wrap this all up neatly. I wish i knew what any of it means. I wish i had any answers to anything. Sometimes dont know if i can hang in such a complicated game. Simplifying, is my only idea right now. I appreciate condolences in advance, though not necessary, in no way am intending to share burden. I struggled with wether i should share, but am glad i did. Am.turning in this phone to turn and face the horses. The horses and the hounds.
So i may or not be logging back in, either, way, its been real, and its been personal. And thank you for that.
Otherwise wouid gladly welcome questions comments and concerns. Salud

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Flea wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:49 pm
Ivermectin was developed to treat onchocerciasis (river blindness) in people. It can be used as a human antiparasitic for certain conditions (or, I believe, as an immunomodulatory). The problem morons are encountering with off-label veterinary products is inadvertent overdosing (along with lack of proven in vivo efficacy).

Agree. My cousin told me he was getting his ass kicked for 4 days straight from covid. Told me it felt like he was drowning. On the 4th night he took ivermectin. Said the next morning he was a new man. Just passing along one personal story. On a related note, dude was in the military his whole life and has less experience with drugs of about anyone i know.
And ive been using this shit on cattle my whole life.
What exactly is the difference between a pig, a cow, a sheep, or a human? Seemingly not much when it comes to what constututes a healthy individual or group.
Animals that are confined indoors require vaccines and anti biotics. Why? Because the perils of confinement.
Animals outside and rotated frequently to fresh ground do not require this kind of pharmacuetical dependency. At all.
So its an honest question but a rhetorical one imo. Whats the difference between a pigs and a humans immune system? Nothing.
That doesnt mean i am anti vax. At all. I am.certsinly anti perpetual booster shot. Not good imo.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:05 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

Possible last post. Not that I am tapping out. And This new covid thread is the perfect place for me to expain what i mean by streaming my goings on through my thumb onto this page. Its a long story. Some of its 2 million years old, some is in the future. Maybe. In my mind, its all relavent and its all related.

First i have to turn in this phone right after this, its my work phone that im automatically logged into 3dd with and i dont know my password so i cant log in after this. My attempts at retrieving my password have failed. Maybe its best if i dont log on for awhile anyways. But gauranteed i appreciate being here. And having the option of working through tricky shit with people who arent afraid to engage.
It aint always pretty and we dont always get along, but we dont have to in order to co exist, it seems. It was hard for me to let go of myself and start commenting on here when covid hit. I dont normally expose myself like that on the internet but this is not that. This is a community i trust. Maybe thats why i decided to open up.

Long story long, im giving up tbis job because property mgmt wasnt doing it for me. I like easy money, and getting paid to comment on 3dd, but the rest sucks. So i am ramping up production and going head long into pastured pork. Its already been fun.

But let me tell you its been a whirlwind. The ski and golf company here is starting to carry my pork, and this is where this story gets a little complicated.
My buddy who is a chef and asked if i could supply him with a couple thousand bratwurst for his restraunt on the ski mountain. Done. So i arrange to pick up 9 little piggies.
Sorry but the story turns here.......meanwhile a good friend from college to this day, is in ICU with covid. Going on two weeks.
So chef calls me up and says come up to the golf course and meet one of our members, George Strait, and we will cook him up one of your bratwurst um. Ok. Its a snack shack.out on the course. It was rainy. No one around but us, the king, and his family. We hung out for about an hour. He loved my bratwurst. Chef asked him for a pic. No way i was going to. He put his arm around me and held my bratwurst up. The we visited for 30 minutes. I knew he was an old team roper so we talked about that. We talked about Hank Jr for 10 minutes. Now i know what cloud 9 feels like.....talking to george strait about Hank Jr.
His tequila, Codigo, is now sponsoring ski and golf company, so we talked about serving his tequila and my pork. "The kings tequila and a paupers pork" i said to him. He politely laughsd. This guy defines himility.
I told my buddy, after, you do realize this is the best day of my life dont you, then he rembered i was a texas cowboy and it all came together for him. Making it even more exciting for him. Then we slammed a shot of Codigo, my firat alcohol in 16 months. Meanwhile Codigo, georges song about. Georges tequila, is playing through the speakers. Cant make this stuff up

So now i got the kings endorsment, not that i needed any more motivation to realize animal mgmt > property mgmt.
And the one guy in my life that wouid appreciate all of this, who i couldnt wait to wake up so i can tell him i hung out with George fucking Strait, died. At the very moment in time i was on cloud 9. And im streaming tears onto this phone right now. Damn few knew me like that amazing husband and father, who leaves this world a better place.

Then i had (got) to wake up the next morning and drive out and pick up 9 little piggies. Life goes on. Or some shit. I was and am very thankful to have the opportunity to provide for critters.
This was friday, but i couldnt even listen to the knew mcmurty, i was having to face the horses and the houds myself. And pigs. A super nice lady who sold me these sweet docile animals, that have never been confined hencforth they didnt need to be medicated, but i digress.
Facing my farm tenants who are partnering with me. Four bare foot home school kids, bright eyed and elated. They have never heard of george strait. They probably havent a clue what covid is. Their dad does and i had to tell him the pigs were all his for a few days, as i am.headed to Texas for a Funeral. Just wiping tears all day but heart warmed by nine little pink pigs and 4 green children. Oh and my daughter starting high school and flourishing. Future prez if we are lucky. In her words, she has a liberal ass mom and this guy for a dad. Beautiful.

And now the crew from West Texas a&m has a reason to get together. Shitty circumstances. Re connecting with people i should have never lost touch with has been amazing and we have all decided to stay an extra day in Lubbock to hang out and celebrate our boy. A man who, without hyperbole, left this world a better place. Ive never know anyone to be so accepting of individuals, no matter their creed, race, religion, color, national origin, drug habits, vax stautus, political affiliation etc. And thats the man i want to be. Many attempt it. Few pull it off.

I wish i could wrap this all up neatly. I wish i knew what any of it means. I wish i had any answers to anything. Sometimes dont know if i can hang in such a complicated game. Simplifying, is my only idea right now. I appreciate condolences in advance, though not necessary, in no way am intending to share burden. I struggled with wether i should share, but am glad i did. Am.turning in this phone to turn and face the horses. The horses and the hounds.
So i may or not be logging back in, either, way, its been real, and its been personal. And thank you for that.
Sorry for your loss. May his memory be a blessing.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

boyyourself wrote:
I wish i could wrap this all up neatly. I wish i knew what any of it means.
I hear you.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

So sorry to hear about your friend's horrible last few weeks and untimely death. May his memory be a blessing.

Good luck on your new venture.

I think you can sign up w/ a new name & password (can't remember if you need a different email to do that but as you know that's not a big deal). If you do that and go w/ a completely new name, please let us know. Otherwise it can be kind of creepy.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cole Younger wrote:
I don't know if you're responding to the overall situation, to the original post or to a later post, but I did want to say that one reason I decided to make the original post is that I thought it was a good attempt to use a soft touch to communicate a hard truth. Of course I have no idea how the target population viewed it. I posted the link below in the politics thread because I hope it will be read for its generally applicable lessons more than just in the covid context but its relevance to the covid context is obvious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... 2f470792e9

Clams

Post by Clams »

Sorry about your friend, Dustin.
If you don't run you rust

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

boyyourself wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

I’m really sorry to hear it, man and y’all are in my prayers.

I hope you will come back. I’m not scared to be the only one but it was fun to not be for a while.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Hey Dustin, so sorry to hear about your friend. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, I hoped it helps the grieving and healing process. I'll see you down the road, hopefully in the not too distant future.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Silly me, thinking the quote of the year race could be decided by August. Just yesterday, Ron DeSantis said this:

“You know, he said he was going to end covid. He hasn’t done that,” DeSantis told Fox News host Jesse Watters.

The guy's got balls anyway. This is truly stunning as an inversion of reality and avoidance of responsibility. Just incredible. A new take on the old definition of chutzpah (killing your parents then begging the court for mercy because you're an orphan).