Bryan's Bikers PMC Fundraiser 2020

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Bryan's Bikers PMC Fundraiser 2020

Post by beantownbubba »

Yes, friends, it is that time of year again. I greatly appreciate the support I've received from my fellow heAthens over the years and I humbly asked that you continue to help end this dreadful disease. Here's the letter sent out by my older son, Jeremy (the links didn't survive the cut & paste so see them at the bottom):

This year is...different. I don’t need to tell you that. One thing that remains the same: I’m riding my bike and fundraising for cancer research with the Pan Mass Challenge.

As you know, the PMC is near and dear to my heart. We ride to remember my brother, Bryan. Somehow, it’s been five years since Bry died. But it remains an honor to remember him and celebrate him by having a small part in making sure that fewer families will experience the heartbreak we have.

I’m asking of you what I ask every year: I’m asking for your support. I know that this year many people won’t be in a position to donate. Totally understand! But please, don’t skimp on the support -- I will use all of your good vibes and love.

If you are in a position to donate, as well...great! Please click here to support my ride.

You can click here for more info on Bryan’s Bikers. Or, click here for more info on the PMC, which this year still aims to raise more than $40 million for cancer research.

In terms of the ride? Well, it’s gone virtual. I will still be dragging my butt out of bed and onto a saddle. Technically, the PMC is the weekend of August 1-2. Stay tuned for details on a long ride in the DC heat. It won’t be quite as long as the PMC is, but I promise it will be much more painful and somehow even sweatier.

As ever, thank you so much for your support in whatever form it takes.

With much love and hope you’re staying safe and healthy,

Please note that as always, one hundred percent of the funds raised go to Dana Farber & the Jimmy Fund. All administrative costs are paid by corporate donors.

Donation page: http://profile.pmc.org/JB0432

Bryan's Bikers page (not totally up to date): http://bryansbikers.com/

PMC Home Page: https://www.pmc.org/what-we-do

I THANK Y'ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART AND EVERY BIT OF MY SOUL.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Re: Bryan's Bikers PMC Fundraiser 2020

Post by beantownbubba »

Sorry for not reporting in earlier. Partly waiting to get a clearer picture and partly not having anything to say.

Needless to say, it's been a strange, virtual year. I/we had no idea to expect but I guess in the back of my mind I was sort of hoping to hit $20K, which would be our lowest total since 2012 and there may still be an outside chance for us to get there. At the moment we're at $13,220. Amazingly, the PMC has managed to raise over $40MM so far. It's well less than recent years but I think it's a phenomenal total all things considered.

As always thank you so very much to those who contributed and to those who provided other kinds of support. It's always humbling and always greatly appreciated.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard