Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Zip City »

Self-quoting because no one will take your bait? Sad.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:53 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:49 pm
https://youtu.be/tiwsv51Il4k
"Try finding that story anywhere" sums it up.

Joe been trolling my posts on here. He gonna become enemy number one of covid mis information.

And that other dude mentioning how "we" told the natives they should move to reservations for their own "protection"
, they wanted freedom. Imagine. Oh wait they banned Imagine because its better the people dont hear a song right now about imagining the people, imagining reality, in a sense Noooooooooooooooo. They cant be hearing that. Its for their own good. Trust meeee its for their own good. Not seemingly a good idea imo.
History repeats itself. Thats all it ever does.... but that falls on deaf ears those that like you to forget history, and or love telling you that now that the science has changed, suddenly history is wiped clean like a dry erase board.
The people dont need to hear about going outside, low inflammation diets, etc. Or anything lifestyle related that might help. Its for their safety. LOL.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

We've devolved to joe Rogan. This thread has no bottom

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:49 pm

I knew you were gonna say that. Attacking the messenger is a classic tactic too. Thats all joe is here. And i believe him when he says he hears from people in the scientific and medical community that are afraid to speak out against the orthodoxy establishments. Get out the way zip.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
You have devolved

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:

Go ahead, post another graph that actually proves being inside is just not natural, and, redundantly, not a good idea.
The hottest parts of the country are having the biggest spikes in infection because they are clamoring inside for ac. This winter colder climates will see spiking. You follow? You believe science bro?
How bout bring the cream of this thread back up to the top yourself zip. Holding my breath here in my condo. The door wide open and all windows cracked.........being confined with no fresh air flow never ever made sense to me. I dont do it. Hell my pigs never go in a barn. Why would i hand them a respiratory disease you silly goose, come on zip. Bring it back around, youre the expert on all this arent ya? I aint got a lick of sense and get my views are from Fox and Rogan. Sound right?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

How bout Jay Farrar? Son Volt Route

Reality, it burns
The way we're living is worse
The pillars of inspiration are all falling down
The clean-up won't work while the fallout goes on.
And it's now or never, too close to the latter
We're all living proof that nothing lasts.
Standing in the neutral zone
Living on sleep deprivation
The rural route sleeps while the city bleeds all over itself
Over the falls in a barrel is where the answers have gone
And it's now or never, too close to the latter
We're all living proof that nothing lasts
And it's here for now, transient tomorrow
Another road remains, but it provides no more
It can only take us away
Southbound, you can taste the weather
It feels like home
And it's now or never
Too close to the latter
We're all living proof that nothing lasts
And it's here for now, transient tomorrow

This is all so prophetic, but imo its jay closely examining history and calling it like he sees it from there.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Zip you posted a clip from Chris Cuomo, man. Lol. Rogan has at least as much credibility as he does and a lot of people would say more.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:26 pm
boyyourself wrote:
boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:49 pm
https://youtu.be/tiwsv51Il4k

Joe been trolling my posts on here. He gonna become enemy number one of covid mis information.

And that other dude mentioning how "we" told the natives they should move to reservations for their own "protection"
, they wanted freedom. Imagine. Oh wait they banned Imagine because its better the people dont hear a song right now about imagining the people, imagining reality, in a sense Noooooooooooooooo. They cant be hearing that. Its for their own good. Trust meeee its for their own good. Not seemingly a good idea imo.
History repeats itself. Thats all it ever does.... but that falls on deaf ears those that like you to forget history, and or love telling you that now that the science has changed, suddenly history is wiped clean like a dry erase board.
The people dont need to hear about going outside, low inflammation diets, etc. Or anything lifestyle related that might help. Its for their safety. LOL.
Well some of what you’re talking about reminds me of how some people say communism has just never been done right.🙄

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:36 am
Zip City wrote:
Zip you posted a clip from Chris Cuomo, man. Lol. Rogan has at least as much credibility as he does and a lot of people would say more.
Cuomo has a law degree and works on a news station. Rogan is a bad standup comic and MMA announcer. Let’s not compare their pedigrees.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Cole Younger wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:39 am
boyyourself wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

Well some of what you’re talking about reminds me of how some people say communism has just never been done right.🙄

Ha. Independce and diversity of thought have pulled into a 3 way tie with white supremacy and climate change as the biggest threats to our democracy. Thats quite a line up.

Maybe they just arent working hard enough to get their points across. The same tired ass tactics arent working in these times.
And when they fail, of course the source of info of those who dont comply gets attacked, because clearly only YOU are armed with the correct info, because you are on the right side of history. Always.
And all the other shit that obiden, pfauci, etc. Keep throwing against the wall, hoping youll buy it, hoping youll quit thinking for yourself. Eroding trust seemingly daily.
The cdc and fda, just laughable. Ive gotten killed on here for a year and a half for calling bs on these organizations, how dare i, clearly i dont know more than these experts, who out there to protect you, so stay on the rez!
Truth hurts, lies destroy. If youre scared of a little pain then youre fucked anyways so sure ill keep feeding you what feels good.
Some people actually like pigs and think they are beautiful, others want to put lipstick on it and put it on tv, and hope like hell that more than half the people think its not a pig.
Those of us that know its a pig, and appreciate the pigness of a pig, see one with lipstick and know its a wolf. But you keep complimenting the pig for how good it smells and for saying all the things a wolf or fox would say, even though, deep down, you know its a pig, but with that lipstick and that perfume and the teleprompter, hope and faith have become the main focus. Pushing aside history and reality and all its disgustingness, no one needs to see a pig. Lets sanitize the info. Literally, Hitler had zero tolerance for disgustingness......bathing 5 times a day. Now he pushes for gmo grain, lockdowns, social distancing ( new term they jammed up your ass via submarine while you watched the airplane) vax, and my favorite,,,,,,hand sanitizer. White wash it all then theres no colors for anyone to choose from. Nice. "Diversity"!!! Lol.

Meanwhile as the rubber is hitting the road, others are starting to realize that filth is purity.
So make fun of composting, otherwise known as a collection of infinite amounts of live bacteria and micro organisms, which also defines your own micro biome which also happens to be responible for your immune system and largely determines your general health parameters. Instead go ahead and sanitize, avoid others, mask, vax, and booster and booster, i hear people are on to their 4th and 5th jab............which also happens to be the formula for how to destroy your immune systems abilty to respond properly.
Enabling your immunity instead of empowering it. Which speeds up your inevitable demise. Just like enabling a kid.
I will enable my kid, you empower yours, and lets see what happens. I will be crying for more equality and more diversity when in fact, i didnt have my shit together enough to empower my own kid, now im the one bitching that they arent being protected and are being treated poorly, and my kid is the one suffering. Then i point a finger at you because i got nothing else and am dependent, and your independence literally threatens me, mostly because i dont understand it. And repeat. Maybe i shouldve gotten my shit together. Then nobody can hold anything over my head. Freedom.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:52 am
Cole Younger wrote:
Zip City wrote:
Cuomo has a law degree and works on a news station. Rogan is a bad standup comic and MMA announcer. Let’s not compare their pedigrees.

Omg no way. a lawyer and a journo?
Pfaucis a viroligist too!!!! You dog abuse defender you.

Fda? Thats the food and drug administration. So if youre educated like meeeeeeeee, then you blindly trust them with your safety regarding your food and drugs. Its thaaaaaaat simple. Your safety.
When covid hit the cdc wiped clean all mask info up to tjat point. But you trust em right? They are credentialled.

The "center for disease control" eh? I would like to see some credentials, for instance, how are yall doing at controlling diseases? As your name suggests

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:
Zip City wrote:

And anyone that defends animal abusers can go fuck right off

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:
Zip City wrote:
So having a law degree and working at a news station means you are credible? You just described a bunch of people on Fox News but I bet you wouldn’t accept them as credible any more than you would Rogan. You may like Cuomo because he says things you agree with but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s nothing more than a buffoonish partisan hack and a talk show host. That’s without even getting into the fact that he’s apparently tried to cover for his creepy pervert brother. He’s a joke.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

boyyourself wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:36 am
Zip City wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

Omg no way. a lawyer and a journo?
Pfaucis a viroligist too!!!! You dog abuse defender you.

Fda? Thats the food and drug administration. So if youre educated like meeeeeeeee, then you blindly trust them with your safety regarding your food and drugs. Its thaaaaaaat simple. Your safety.
When covid hit the cdc wiped clean all mask info up to tjat point. But you trust em right? They are credentialled.

The "center for disease control" eh? I would like to see some credentials, for instance, how are yall doing at controlling diseases? As your name suggests

That’s just it though. He’s not a journalist. That’s been admitted on this board in the past. He’s a talk show host. And not even a good one. He freaked out when that called him Fredo because he knows it’s true.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

boyyourself wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:23 am
Cole Younger wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

Ha. Independce and diversity of thought have pulled into a 3 way tie with white supremacy and climate change as the biggest threats to our democracy. Thats quite a line up.

Maybe they just arent working hard enough to get their points across. The same tired ass tactics arent working in these times.
And when they fail, of course the source of info of those who dont comply gets attacked, because clearly only YOU are armed with the correct info, because you are on the right side of history. Always.
And all the other shit that obiden, pfauci, etc. Keep throwing against the wall, hoping youll buy it, hoping youll quit thinking for yourself. Eroding trust seemingly daily.
The cdc and fda, just laughable. Ive gotten killed on here for a year and a half for calling bs on these organizations, how dare i, clearly i dont know more than these experts, who out there to protect you, so stay on the rez!
Truth hurts, lies destroy. If youre scared of a little pain then youre fucked anyways so sure ill keep feeding you what feels good.
Some people actually like pigs and think they are beautiful, others want to put lipstick on it and put it on tv, and hope like hell that more than half the people think its not a pig.
Those of us that know its a pig, and appreciate the pigness of a pig, see one with lipstick and know its a wolf. But you keep complimenting the pig for how good it smells and for saying all the things a wolf or fox would say, even though, deep down, you know its a pig, but with that lipstick and that perfume and the teleprompter, hope and faith have become the main focus. Pushing aside history and reality and all its disgustingness, no one needs to see a pig. Lets sanitize the info. Literally, Hitler had zero tolerance for disgustingness......bathing 5 times a day. Now he pushes for gmo grain, lockdowns, social distancing ( new term they jammed up your ass via submarine while you watched the airplane) vax, and my favorite,,,,,,hand sanitizer. White wash it all then theres no colors for anyone to choose from. Nice. "Diversity"!!! Lol.

Meanwhile as the rubber is hitting the road, others are starting to realize that filth is purity.
So make fun of composting, otherwise known as a collection of infinite amounts of live bacteria and micro organisms, which also defines your own micro biome which also happens to be responible for your immune system and largely determines your general health parameters. Instead go ahead and sanitize, avoid others, mask, vax, and booster and booster, i hear people are on to their 4th and 5th jab............which also happens to be the formula for how to destroy your immune systems abilty to respond properly.
Enabling your immunity instead of empowering it. Which speeds up your inevitable demise. Just like enabling a kid.
I will enable my kid, you empower yours, and lets see what happens. I will be crying for more equality and more diversity when in fact, i didnt have my shit together enough to empower my own kid, now im the one bitching that they arent being protected and are being treated poorly, and my kid is the one suffering. Then i point a finger at you because i got nothing else and am dependent, and your independence literally threatens me, mostly because i dont understand it. And repeat. Maybe i shouldve gotten my shit together. Then nobody can hold anything over my head. Freedom.
“There will come a day when men will go mad.
And when they encounter one who is not they will attack him and say, ‘You are not like us.’”

Col. Bruce Hampton and I didn’t agree on a lot but he said a mouthful when he said, “There is no reality anymore. The whole world has become professional wrestling.”

When it became controversial to say that a man wearing a dress calling himself a woman was still just a man wearing a dress and not a woman we hit rock bottom and facts don’t matter anymore. You can not have any kind of a discussion with anyone who thinks like that. You certainly can’t get caught up in listening to them lecture you about “science.”

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Cole Younger wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:43 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:23 am
Cole Younger wrote:

“There will come a day when men will go mad.
And when they encounter one who is not they will attack him and say, ‘You are not like us.’”

Col. Bruce Hampton and I didn’t agree on a lot but he said a mouthful when he said, “There is no reality anymore. The whole world has become professional wrestling.”

When it became controversial to say that a man wearing a dress calling himself a woman was still just a man wearing a dress and not a woman we hit rock bottom and facts don’t matter anymore. You can not have any kind of a discussion with anyone who thinks like that. You certainly can’t get caught up in listening to them lecture you about “science.”

Right. Can you believe I am still calling a pig wearing lipstick a pig? I guess if it quacks like a duck its a fox.

Reality is winning. Just not according to pollsters.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Well, I'm glad you two found each other's common love of transphobia. Hooray for the internet

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:40 pm
Well, I'm glad you two found each other's common love of transphobia. Hooray for the internet
That dog doesn’t hunt, Zip. You can try that nonsense with other people maybe but you aren’t going to do it with me. Recognition of provable facts is not a “phobia”. It’s just the truth. If I put on a dress and start saying I’m a woman I’m not suddenly a woman. That idiotic to say different. I’m a man wearing a dress. My chromosomes and genitalia void any delusion I might have. As much as it may stick in your craw science does t matter when you want it to and not matter when you don’t want it to. And you don’t get to decide things that are patently false are true just because your politics or world view make you want to do that. But above all, if you assign someone a phobia as if they are the ones who are delusional for simply stating a scientific fact then there is no reason to take a word you say seriously ever again. To try to label people as guilty of bigotry because what they say doesn’t conform to to your world view is elevating cowardice to an art form and I’m a little surprised you did it.

Trans people have a right to live their lives as they choose and to do so without interference from other and without being attacked. But they do not have a right to expect other people to tell them what they want to hear. Nobody does. I don’t claim to understand gender dysphoria. But that does t mean I’m compelled to lie just because it will make you or anyone else feel better. What a steaming pile of a post that was, Zip. The ultimate in wanting your own special set of facts.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:58 pm
Zip City wrote:
That dog doesn’t hunt, Zip. You can try that nonsense with other people maybe but you aren’t going to do it with me. Recognition of provable facts is not a “phobia”. It’s just the truth. If I put on a dress and start saying I’m a woman I’m not suddenly a woman. That idiotic to say different. I’m a man wearing a dress. My chromosomes and genitalia void any delusion I might have. As much as it may stick in your craw science does t matter when you want it to and not matter when you don’t want it to. And you don’t get to decide things that are patently false are true just because your politics or world view make you want to do that. But above all, if you assign someone a phobia as if they are the ones who are delusional for simply stating a scientific fact then there is no reason to take a word you say seriously ever again. To try to label people as guilty of bigotry because what they say doesn’t conform to to your world view is elevating cowardice to an art form and I’m a little surprised you did it.

Trans people have a right to live their lives as they choose and to do so without interference from other and without being attacked. But they do not have a right to expect other people to tell them what they want to hear. Nobody does. I don’t claim to understand gender dysphoria. But that does t mean I’m compelled to lie just because it will make you or anyone else feel better. What a steaming pile of a post that was, Zip. The ultimate in wanting your own special set of facts.
Your not understanding the difference between sex and gender isn't my problem. Coming onto this forum and saying stupid bullshit IS my problem, and I won't let it slide. "They can live how they won't but I'll be damned if I validate it" isn't far off from full blown transphobia. Sorry that hurts your feelings

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Cole Younger wrote:
If I put on a dress and start saying I’m a woman I’m not suddenly a woman. That idiotic to say different. I’m a man wearing a dress. My chromosomes and genitalia void any delusion I might have.
The claim by endocrinologists is that there is sufficient evidence in brain chemistry to trump genitalia and make a credible case that someone with a penis is actually a woman or without is a man. I can't argue that point, and I trust the only endocrinologist in my life, so I accept that as true enough.

I myself think there's more of a social aspect to gender chaos (I don't have a better word) than people acknowledge.

I also understand why it's downplayed. Those of us who believe in individual freedom of identity and definition don't want to stop this remarkable flourishing of strangeness, whether it's natural or not. I don't think you need a brain chemistry test to be who you want to be.

I also have yet to receive an answer to this question: On what material basis do people who require sanitary pads in restrooms (and all the medical care such need implies) now organize themselves? Do they now have to depend on the political kindness of strangers to get them what they want?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

About Joe Rogan: A very smart Facebook friend of mine (HJ) posted this dialogue between himself and his GF today:
GF: What would a leftist Joe Rogen look like?
HJ: I'm not sure a leftist Joe Rogen could ever exist. Could you create an easy going television personality who virtued signaled all the tropes of everyday-tough-guy: talks about mind body, health, invites a variety of guests on his show and doesn't really press them too hard on any questions? Sure.
I think you could argue that in many ways Joe Rogen stole his act from Oprah.
Like, close your eyes and try to frame Joe Rogen as "Tough Guy-Oprah" and his whole shtick makes sense: lifestyle brand, weird guests, an open-mind to magical thinking. It's all there and its understandable why he's popular.
Back in the day Oprah found a way to make stay-at-home moms feel smart by keeping an open mind to psychics and inviting doctors(?) like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz on their show.
Now Joe Rogen makes men feel smart by entertaining them much in the same way. Bring on armchair philosphers to confirm men's biases and insecurities. Talk about the possible nigh mythical mental healing powers of psycadellics. Etc...
"Oprah for Men" is a good brand.
But thats the problem right? "Lefty" Joe Rogen ALREADY exists, her name is Oprah and she has a whole channel.
GF: But Oprah really isnt a leftist though. She's a dead-centrist liberal.
HJ: And no matter what Joe says he's a centrist conservative. You can't hold a position like that and ever actually have firm stated beliefs, because Oprah's job and Joe Rogen's job isn't to educate or convince people of anything -- its to make people feel smart. (emphasis added--JAA)
It's why it's called the Joe Rogen EXPERIENCE.
He is sharing the experience of being an interesting person with you.
Robert Evans COULD be a Joe Rogen type, but he's got all these pesky morals and ethics which forces him to say "I believe this is wrong" "I believe this is right" and "Please don't tell me falsehoods I do actual research."
Most people would rather "feel" like they are learning than be wrong, even though failure is the best and greatest teacher on the path to mastering anything.
It's why I listen to audiobooks instead of read and take notes.
Leftist keep trying to teach people shit on their shows and "nobody has time for that."
Whenever you present unknown information to people in ways they don't like they more often than not feel talked down to or embarrased so they can't hear what you are saying.
The problem that Early-Oprah and Joe Rogen share is that when you pretend to be so open-minded that all things are possible then you often platform bad people with bad ideas that your audience doesn't know about.
More than once Oprah platformed cult leaders, faith healers, quacks, scam artists, and grifters to nice moms who thought they were being open minded by listening to the interesting lady.
Joe hasn't had the talk show host career as long as Oprah but the fact that he platforms right-wing weridos who say one thing on his show and another on social media is... similar.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:52 pm
About Joe Rogan: A very smart Facebook friend of mine (HJ) posted this dialogue between himself and his GF today:
GF: What would a leftist Joe Rogen look like?
HJ: I'm not sure a leftist Joe Rogen could ever exist. Could you create an easy going television personality who virtued signaled all the tropes of everyday-tough-guy: talks about mind body, health, invites a variety of guests on his show and doesn't really press them too hard on any questions? Sure.
I think you could argue that in many ways Joe Rogen stole his act from Oprah.
Like, close your eyes and try to frame Joe Rogen as "Tough Guy-Oprah" and his whole shtick makes sense: lifestyle brand, weird guests, an open-mind to magical thinking. It's all there and its understandable why he's popular.
Back in the day Oprah found a way to make stay-at-home moms feel smart by keeping an open mind to psychics and inviting doctors(?) like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz on their show.
Now Joe Rogen makes men feel smart by entertaining them much in the same way. Bring on armchair philosphers to confirm men's biases and insecurities. Talk about the possible nigh mythical mental healing powers of psycadellics. Etc...
"Oprah for Men" is a good brand.
But thats the problem right? "Lefty" Joe Rogen ALREADY exists, her name is Oprah and she has a whole channel.
GF: But Oprah really isnt a leftist though. She's a dead-centrist liberal.
HJ: And no matter what Joe says he's a centrist conservative. You can't hold a position like that and ever actually have firm stated beliefs, because Oprah's job and Joe Rogen's job isn't to educate or convince people of anything -- its to make people feel smart. (emphasis added--JAA)
It's why it's called the Joe Rogen EXPERIENCE.
He is sharing the experience of being an interesting person with you.
Robert Evans COULD be a Joe Rogen type, but he's got all these pesky morals and ethics which forces him to say "I believe this is wrong" "I believe this is right" and "Please don't tell me falsehoods I do actual research."
Most people would rather "feel" like they are learning than be wrong, even though failure is the best and greatest teacher on the path to mastering anything.
It's why I listen to audiobooks instead of read and take notes.
Leftist keep trying to teach people shit on their shows and "nobody has time for that."
Whenever you present unknown information to people in ways they don't like they more often than not feel talked down to or embarrased so they can't hear what you are saying.
The problem that Early-Oprah and Joe Rogen share is that when you pretend to be so open-minded that all things are possible then you often platform bad people with bad ideas that your audience doesn't know about.
More than once Oprah platformed cult leaders, faith healers, quacks, scam artists, and grifters to nice moms who thought they were being open minded by listening to the interesting lady.
Joe hasn't had the talk show host career as long as Oprah but the fact that he platforms right-wing weridos who say one thing on his show and another on social media is... similar.
Rogan has laughed about being called Oprah for men.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:19 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
If I put on a dress and start saying I’m a woman I’m not suddenly a woman. That idiotic to say different. I’m a man wearing a dress. My chromosomes and genitalia void any delusion I might have.
The claim by endocrinologists is that there is sufficient evidence in brain chemistry to trump genitalia and make a credible case that someone with a penis is actually a woman or without is a man. I can't argue that point, and I trust the only endocrinologist in my life, so I accept that as true enough.

I myself think there's more of a social aspect to gender chaos (I don't have a better word) than people acknowledge.

I also understand why it's downplayed. Those of us who believe in individual freedom of identity and definition don't want to stop this remarkable flourishing of strangeness, whether it's natural or not. I don't think you need a brain chemistry test to be who you want to be.

I also have yet to receive an answer to this question: On what material basis do people who require sanitary pads in restrooms (and all the medical care such need implies) now organize themselves? Do they now have to depend on the political kindness of strangers to get them what they want?
Yep. And I don’t care if men want to call themselves women. It’s not hurting me. Not hurting anybody as far as I can tell. They can believe whatever they want and live accordingly. I just don’t have to pretend it’s true or that I agree with them as far as what they are.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:08 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Zip City wrote:

Your not understanding the difference between sex and gender isn't my problem. Coming onto this forum and saying stupid bullshit IS my problem, and I won't let it slide. "They can live how they won't but I'll be damned if I validate it" isn't far off from full blown transphobia. Sorry that hurts your feelings
It doesn’t hurt my feelings. But you aren’t going to get away with the bullshit you’re spewing and you don’t have enough ass in your britches to make me say something I know isn’t true. You can hide behind words like phobia and bigotry all you want but it’s still horse shit and you are a coward for doing it. You don’t get to tell people what they have to say or believe is true. And that is too much for you to handle you’re up shit creek because I’m not going to just say what you want me to say. Pretend whatever you want. But I don’t have to pretend with you.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Truly spoken by someone who lives in a tiny bubble. Get out of your neighborhood and try meeting some people who don't look and think exactly like you.

I have several trans students and trans friends. Every word you believe about them is happy horse shit. I'm not interested in changing your mind, but I'm also not going to have you spew shit and go unchecked.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:30 pm
Truly spoken by someone who lives in a tiny bubble. Get out of your neighborhood and try meeting some people who don't look and think exactly like you.

I have several trans students and trans friends. Every word you believe about them is happy horse shit. I'm not interested in changing your mind, but I'm also not going to have you spew shit and go unchecked.

Says the guy who just wildly accused me of "loving transhobia" dont even want to know what that means. Care to explain or does it just go unchecked?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:30 pm

A college boy accusing someone else of living in a bubble. Thats good

John A Arkansawyer

I'd say non-transaffirming, myself, rather than transphobic, and that my workplace is no bubble, in as much as we take not quite anyone who walks in the door, have shots fired a block from campus once a month, and our main products (says our marketing) are MBAs, prison guards, and technicians. I've had actual tenured haters in my life, people in professions you wouldn't think it of, who are surprisingly good at jobs which require the empathy I see them refuse to give some people. If only it were a bubble? No. If only people didn't call it that! It's an increasingly corporatized workplace. That's all.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:03 am
I'd say non-transaffirming, myself, rather than transphobic, and that my workplace is no bubble, in as much as we take not quite anyone who walks in the door, have shots fired a block from campus once a month, and our main products (says our marketing) are MBAs, prison guards, and technicians. I've had actual tenured haters in my life, people in professions you wouldn't think it of, who are surprisingly good at jobs which require the empathy I see them refuse to give some people. If only it were a bubble? No. If only people didn't call it that! It's an increasingly corporatized workplace. That's all.

"If only people didnt call it that"

Wait what?

By people do yo mean zip? He was the one tossing transophobia but hey, nice distraction. Like an freshly minted 19 yr sjw on campus. And what do you mean it? The made up transphobia that wasnt fucking happening on this thread?

And now youre also saying we should call it something else? Language control all around eh boys?
K how bout "babies in cages" do we still call them that? Didnt obiden build them? Nah we call them migrant detention centers now.......lets see if patterson adapts to the new language if they bust that out lol.

And watch, now you will say something smart about the babies in cages, so now we got that, and transphobia, errrrrrrr what john says we should call "it"

This is all good stuff. We needed a distraction.
From the fact that the death rate on Covid continues to slide.