Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by beantownbubba »

From Heather Cox Richardson:

"Tonight, FNC personality Carlson called for his audience to start direct action. He told them to confront people wearing masks, which he says are signs of “political obedience.” He maintained that 64% of white Americans who called themselves “liberal” or “very liberal” “have been diagnosed with an actual mental health condition.” He called them “aggressors” and told supporters, “it’s our job to brush them back and restore the society we were born in.” He said to call the police immediately if they see children wearing masks and keep calling until someone arrives: it is child abuse, he says, and his audience is “morally obligated to prevent it.”

The chyron under his monologue read: “THIS ISN’T ABOUT SCIENCE. IT’S ABOUT POWER.”"
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:55 am
tinnitus photography wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:52 pm
FLORIDUMB
"vaccinated people “may be transmitting something from their bodies” ".

In other news, the school announced that, effective immediately, all faculty, staff and students are required to wear aluminum foil hats to ward off the transmission of something.
It’s highly flammable too
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Joe Rogan ——“if you’re young and healthy there’s no need to take the vaccine”

Sarah Silverman—-“hurry up and get the vaccine so I can do shows again.”

I’m with Joe.
Also wondering how long the vaccine is supposed to last once administered?
I’m guessing the recommendation will be every year like a flu shot. Have flu shots done anything to improve overall health markers of the entirety of society? No. Neither will yearly COVID shots. Pharma companies don’t care about our health. Neither does the government.
But they have lots of dough to spend on brilliant marketing...”it’s your civic duty!”
How bout ——“it’s your civic duty to be outside for three hours a day and stop drinking soda?”
That’s not going to happen because no one profits off of healthy people, so why would they encourage it? They wouldn’t.
And watching entertainers and musicians and others who are self proclaimed “well informed” buy into it all, and allowing their self measure of intelligence to be inflated by adopting hobbies like looking down on southerners for attending funerals because how dare they socialize, or calling states like Texas Neanderthal for lifting mask mandates (you’re supposed to wait for the vaccine so joe and Johnson and Johnson can be the savior) is quite entertaining.

And speaking of pharmaceuticals, I wonder what the number is on how many new people have started on anti depressant meds since COVID.
Which reminds me of how almost all mass shooters are on that shit. But I guess mental wellness being something matters is on hold for now? Let me know when we can care about that again. Until then I guess guns and healthy people that don’t want to wear masks or jam a flu shot into their bodies are the problem.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

That's certainly a take.

An ironic one, at that, as you blast the Sarah Silvermans for the world for being "self-proclaimed well informed" people, but don't recognize that your agreeing with Rogan (who is in the same pool as Silverman) is hypocritical at best.

Long story short, you agree with Rogan because he agrees with YOU
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I’d like to hear your reasoning behind why healthy people would need to take a booster shot every year. Or is it handier for you to just nit pic my belief systems?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Rogan is not the only one that thinks this. Neither am I. I don’t see any irony involved.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

To just shut everything down and decide what to mandate with a notion of people’s well being behind it? The government doesn’t care about your safety. The fda approves Mountain Dew and a slew of pills but raw milk is considered poison. The fda decided to also feed cattle to cattle thus mad cow disease was born. That’s when Oprah said she’d never eat another hamburger again. That was in the mid 80s I believe. Geez what have obesity rates done since then?
Which is where some of my beliefs on who to trust when it comes to my health comes from.
Don’t ever forget that our entire population was brainwashed into adopting the original food pyramid which has processed carbohydrates as the base. Give up butter and meat for pasta and cereal. Oh ok. For some reason we all bought in. You were probably considered dumb If you didn’t switch from butter to margerine. Like your some sort of hippy dippy independent thinker. Now, trans fat are illegal because they are poison, but they have them three years to take it off the shelves. 3 years. Hmmm I wonder if they care about your safety or their bottom line? It’s your civic duty to get a vaccine. Yeah because these people really care about your well being.
And what were the repercussions of us all blindly buying into government recommendations regarding our health? Well. open your eyes and you’ll see it.
We have a measurable amount of negative consequences to examine based on these government recommendations. Especially considering the overwhelming data that shows how healthy people were not really affected by COVID.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I’m sure the original food pyramid was based on science. Somebody’s science.

“It’s not what drugs you’re strung out on they care about so much as who’s”
Todd Snider

Ironically I believe agree with Todd because he agrees with me

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:13 am
To just shut everything down and decide what to mandate with a notion of people’s well being behind it? The government doesn’t care about your safety. The fda approves Mountain Dew and a slew of pills but raw milk is considered poison. The fda decided to also feed cattle to cattle thus mad cow disease was born. That’s when Oprah said she’d never eat another hamburger again. That was in the mid 80s I believe. Geez what have obesity rates done since then?
Which is where some of my beliefs on who to trust when it comes to my health comes from.
Don’t ever forget that our entire population was brainwashed into adopting the original food pyramid which has processed carbohydrates as the base. Give up butter and meat for pasta and cereal. Oh ok. For some reason we all bought in. You were probably considered dumb If you didn’t switch from butter to margerine. Like your some sort of hippy dippy independent thinker. Now, trans fat are illegal because they are poison, but they have them three years to take it off the shelves. 3 years. Hmmm I wonder if they care about your safety or their bottom line? It’s your civic duty to get a vaccine. Yeah because these people really care about your well being.
And what were the repercussions of us all blindly buying into government recommendations regarding our health? Well. open your eyes and you’ll see it.
We have a measurable amount of negative consequences to examine based on these government recommendations. Especially considering the overwhelming data that shows how healthy people were not really affected by COVID.
I use aluminum foil to both preserve my organic vegetables and protect my head from government brain waves.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

pearlbeer wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:59 am
boyyourself wrote:
I use aluminum foil to both preserve my organic vegetables and protect my head from government brain waves. *

* edited...

Not trying to be a jerk---I kid here...but I just honestly don't understand the continual point you are trying to make. You've chosen to not get the vax, you don't seem to trust the science and pubic guidance behind Covid and are generally extremely distrustful of the Government. That much is clear, but what you are trying to advocate for, I don't understand. Look, you won't hear any argument from me on the need for higher quality food and an active lifestyle, but beyond that,man...I don't get it.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

bovine knievel wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:41 am
beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:55 am
tinnitus photography wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:52 pm
FLORIDUMB
"vaccinated people “may be transmitting something from their bodies” ".

In other news, the school announced that, effective immediately, all faculty, staff and students are required to wear aluminum foil hats to ward off the transmission of something.
It’s highly flammable too
:lol:

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

One can both be in favor of the vaccine AND in favor of a healthier lifestyle. I don't know why this constantly presented as an either/or scenario

Also, I have yet to see any peer-reviewed science on "healthy people" (whatever that means) being virus-immune. Yes, obese people or people with other conditions are MORE susceptible to getting COVID, but that doesn't mean that healthy people CAN'T get it. A vaccine that is free, has no documented longterm side effects, and has minimal short term side effects seems like an easy choice to be extra sure.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

:cry:
Zip City wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:09 pm
One can both be in favor of the vaccine AND in favor of a healthier lifestyle. I don't know why this constantly presented as an either/or scenario

Also, I have yet to see any peer-reviewed science on "healthy people" (whatever that means) being virus-immune. Yes, obese people or people with other conditions are MORE susceptible to getting COVID, but that doesn't mean that healthy people CAN'T get it. A vaccine that is free, has no documented longterm side effects, and has minimal short term side effects seems like an easy choice to be extra sure.
I agree with your first paragraph.
And I’m not referring to getting COVID or being more or less susceptible to getting COVID——I’m talking about how it affects you once you get it.
And the evidence regarding how COVID affects people individually based on their health parameters and or immune systems is overwhelming. It’s proof in the pudding actually.

I could imagine for a second that everyone gets vaccinated. Ok. Now what? Then it’s everyone once a year? And suddenly everyone gonna be walking around all healthy and happy?
Oh except no ones health parameters were actually improved. And we still have a list of epedemics that lead to people reaching preventable illness or deaths. Or some new strain comes along and now we all have to vaccinate for that. For everyone’s safety. Oh, what’s that? Another new strain. Mask up folks. Vaccinate. It’s your duty. Then we wait til fauci tell us when it’s ok to see music again because all he sees is virus. Ten years from now? Why not 20? Why not double mask? Otherwise when does it end? The only way out is to make death federally illegal.

So who has a billion to spend on an ad campaign striking fear in the people of the ramifications of chips and soda? All we have to do is get the Hollywood elites to by in Imagine the new tweet from a newly wishy washed Sarah Silverman or Steven Colbert ——- -“500,000 homies died of heart disease last year , and these dumb southerners are still drinking soda. Clearly they have no compassion for healthcare workers.” And it includes a pic of them eating steak and salad.
So it’ll still be about fear, lazy geographical references, and virtue signaling.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:20 pm
Zip City wrote:

And I’m not referring to getting COVID or being more or less susceptible to getting COVID——I’m talking about how it affects you once you get it.
And the evidence regarding how COVID affects people individually based on their health parameters and or immune systems is overwhelming. It’s proof in the pudding actually.

I could imagine for a second that everyone gets vaccinated. Ok. Now what? Then it’s everyone once a year? And suddenly everyone gonna be walking around all healthy and happy?
Oh except no ones health parameters were actually improved. And we still have a list of epedemics that lead to people reaching preventable illness or deaths. Or some new strain comes along and now we all have to vaccinate for that. For everyone’s safety. Oh, what’s that? Another new strain. Mask up folks. Vaccinate. It’s your duty. Then we wait til fauci tell us when it’s ok to see music again because all he sees is virus. Ten years from now? Why not 20? Why not double mask? Otherwise when does it end? The only way out is to make death federally illegal.

So who has a billion to spend on an ad campaign striking fear in the people of the ramifications of chips and soda? All we have to do is get the Hollywood elites to by in Imagine the new tweet from a newly wishy washed Sarah Silverman or Steven Colbert ——- -“500,000 homies died of heart disease last year , and these dumb southerners are still drinking soda. Clearly they have no compassion for healthcare workers.” And it includes a pic of them eating steak and salad.
So it’ll still be about fear, lazy geographical references, and virtue signaling.

I didn’t mean to put that emoji up there😀

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:50 pm
pearlbeer wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:59 am
boyyourself wrote:
I use aluminum foil to both preserve my organic vegetables and protect my head from government brain waves. *

* edited...

Not trying to be a jerk---I kid here...but I just honestly don't understand the continual point you are trying to make. You've chosen to not get the vax, you don't seem to trust the science and pubic guidance behind Covid and are generally extremely distrustful of the Government. That much is clear, but what you are trying to advocate for, I don't understand. Look, you won't hear any argument from me on the need for higher quality food and an active lifestyle, but beyond that,man...I don't get it.
Short answer is that I’m chewing fat on a forum.
I kinda thought that’s what a forum was for. And it’s particularly cool because people are willing to engage or not, Particularly regarding generally sensitive and or polarizing subjects. Personally I don’t understand why people get personal on here. I’ve done and not proud of it. But they drew first blood. Not me. Ok Rambo

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:20 pm
Zip City wrote:

I mean, that's a slippery slope argument to end all. What's the alternative? Have Coachella and the Super Bowl full capacity again, get rid of masks, go back to normal but just "live with" a few hundred thousand deaths per year? And remember, we haven't seen a pandemic like this in 100 years, so I doubt that there will be yearly earth-altering global crises.

As for a booster each year? Sure, sign me up. Mix it with the flu shot and make it one-stop shopping.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

There is definitely an irony in the fact that the people who most vocally want a "return to normal" (i.e. full re-opening) are also the people most resistant to doing the one thing that will get us there quickly: vaccinations

Flea

Post by Flea »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:35 pm
There is definitely an irony in the fact that the people who most vocally want a "return to normal" (i.e. full re-opening) are also the people most resistant to doing the one thing that will get us there quickly: vaccinations
Stop making sense!
Now it's dark.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Well, my skinny, athletic, 15-year-old daughter just tested positive and will miss the rest of softball season. If only they let 15-year-olds get vaccinated...

Clams

Post by Clams »

Zip City wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:08 am
Well, my skinny, athletic, 15-year-old daughter just tested positive and will miss the rest of softball season. If only they let 15-year-olds get vaccinated...
Sorry to hear that Zip. No doubt all the kids are bearing the brunt of this pandemic. I feel terribly for all of them. Zip I hope your daughter is OK.
If you don't run you rust

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Zip City wrote:
Sorry to hear this. I hope she gets through it with minimum problems.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:
Wishing her the best, zip.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Zip City wrote:
How is she feeling?
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

bovine knievel wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:18 am
Zip City wrote:
How is she feeling?
Hope she's okay Zip. Take care.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

bovine knievel wrote:
Zip City wrote:
How is she feeling?
Achy and tired. We have her on zinc and Vitamin C.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:03 pm
bovine knievel wrote:
Zip City wrote:
How is she feeling?
Achy and tired. We have her on zinc and Vitamin C.

Get well soon kid

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Zip, my internet friend, I am hoping for the best for you and your daughter! Y’all take care!!!
Zip City wrote:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The blurb for an article in today's Boston Globe, posted solely for its amusement value in light of previous conversation here.

"After a year of smile-free interactions, fogged glasses, and general mask misery, you would have thought we would have ripped those things off our faces and never looked back.

But now there’s confusion about the new rule, the fear of looking like a Trump supporter, and the desire to cling to our security blankets.

Masks, we don’t know how to quit you."

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:48 pm
The blurb for an article in today's Boston Globe, posted solely for its amusement value in light of previous conversation here.

"After a year of smile-free interactions, fogged glasses, and general mask misery, you would have thought we would have ripped those things off our faces and never looked back.

But now there’s confusion about the new rule, the fear of looking like a Trump supporter, and the desire to cling to our security blankets.

Masks, we don’t know how to quit you."

Rachel Maddow exclaiming that she’s gonna have a hard time seeing unmasked people as not being a threat. Exhibit A of being totally programmed.
She’d probably think I’m the biggest monster on earth what with my lack of mask and dirty hands.
((Don’t worry I wash my hands when I shit on em so about twice a week).
I certainly never use hand sanitizer as it doesn’t make sense to basically put round up on your body, kills the good bugs too I would think.
Plus do I want hand sanitizer on my junk? And how does perpetual use of that stuff treat female reproductive organs? Since it’s as anti life as you can get I can’t imagine it’s kind.
And wasn’t anti bacterial soap banned a few years ago? Because it kills all your bugs. A society using that shit sounds like a society not prepared to deal with a pandemic. Yet gut micro biome not immune systems ever gets mentioned. Only masks and vaccines.