Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:34 am
John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:03 am
If only it were a bubble? No. If only people didn't call it that! It's an increasingly corporatized workplace. That's all.
"If only people didnt call it that"

Wait what?
If only ignorant people didn't call my workplace a bubble. This hellhole is a bubble:

Now you go on with your word games. Don't let me stop you. Just remember: When you put on the nose, it grows!

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Yup. Yall bring up words then want to talk about words.
Good times. And youre the gaitkeeper of whos ignorant yup. Sounds like school.

John A Arkansawyer

boyyourself wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:56 am
When you talk about my workplace in ways that make you out to be ignorant, I'm happy to trust my judgement over yours. That's kind of a slam dunk. I don't tell you how to trudge across the tundra*, so don't you tell me where I work and what it's like. That's beyond ignorance--that's arrogance.

*"What'chu mean tundra? No tundra on me!" A FAIR POINT!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Sorry for the distraction, but, the director of the cdc just said the vaccine in no way prevents the spread of the delta variant. Oops. So much for a miracle. 2021 is the year of narratives crumbling on top of themselves.
All of this coupled with the fact that over 70% of deaths have been obese people ( no offense meant, i just dont know what the term is thats less offensive than obese, because of the stigma, plus 900,000 plus people died last year of heart disease, wouldnt want to perpetuate a stigma though) words matter and what not. Especially if you are trying to soften the blow. The medical establishment literally changed the term from "sugar diabetes" to type 2. Brilliant. Take the ownice off of the individual and let them be dependent for life. Brilliant marketing.
A friend of mine calls this the "corn syrup pandemic"
He filmed a documentary on current native reservations and he told me corn syrup has killed more natives than alcohol because of Type 2. Now thats saying something.
Booze, which i am sure will see record sales this year----to keep your spirits as high as your inflammation markers.

So it is still my opinion that lifestyle is what is important to achieve long term wellness.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:15 pm
boyyourself wrote:
When you talk about my workplace in ways that make you out to be ignorant, I'm happy to trust my judgement over yours. That's kind of a slam dunk. I don't tell you how to trudge across the tundra*, so don't you tell me where I work and what it's like. That's beyond ignorance--that's arrogance.

Duly noted. Also, quit throwing shade at me the. Unless you really enjoy it. I just dont see the point. You started it, now you call me ignorant for firing back. Why start it? How smart do you think you are when you read my posts and intead of ignoring or agreeing or disagreeing, you get personal, questioning my character even. Boring.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:15 pm
boyyourself wrote:

Whos ignorant. Whos arrogant. What words to use. Etc. Thats the shit sjw college kids do. That offends you because you work on a campus? No surprise either. Comedians dont typically play college campuses, everone there too easily offended. Exhibit A john. Exhibit A

Self proclaimed slam dunk is also something a college boy who couldnt dunk on a 6 foot rim would say. Some word soup game of self proclaimed intellegence the boy didnt have when he went off to college, now look at him. Captain and also judge of the debate team. Seasoned at tactics like attacking the messenger, throwing large words around when a diminiuative word would suffice, dilineating intelligence based on literacy, pies, charts, graphs, etc.
MY 14 yr old went through a phase like that for a couple years. They grow up quick here in the mountains though.

John A Arkansawyer

"I do, too."

"I'm with you!"

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:30 pm
Truly spoken by someone who lives in a tiny bubble. Get out of your neighborhood and try meeting some people who don't look and think exactly like you.

I have several trans students and trans friends. Every word you believe about them is happy horse shit. I'm not interested in changing your mind, but I'm also not going to have you spew shit and go unchecked.
You’re right, Zip. I should get outside my bubble. I should do what I can to meet people who don’t think like me and are from places that are nothing like my home. I should engage people who are far different from me and talk politics. Oh wait. I do those things. I do all of those things. You’re bubble dweller who probably never talks to or encounters anyone who doesn’t think exactly like him with the exception of me and boyyourself. Get outside your little faculty lounge and your political echo chamber and then maybe just maybe you can lecture me like you’re attempting to do about getting outside my bubble.

I accept that there are people who due to some issue with brain chemicals or some other sort of neurological issue truly believe they are the opposite gender. I know that’s true. But that doesn’t mean they actually are and it sure as hell doesn’t mean they are entitled to compete in that gender’s sports and have the world lie to them and tell them they are what they think they are. They can believe whatever they want. Doesn’t make it factual. Just as some guy who believes he’s a bear isn’t a bear. He can think he’s one and can live like one but that does t make it so. If that offends you then you live in a fantasy world. Talk about bubbles. I’ve helped derail this thread enough. I’m done with this.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I hope you are done with. Comparing trans people with bears? Cool shit. Saying trans people have something fucked up with their brains? Cool shit. I'm guessing you've never met a trans person in your life (it's really easy to demonize people when you don't interact with them)

Faculty lounge? What is this, 1933? BTW, I don't talk politics with my colleagues or my students.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:52 pm
I hope you are done with. Comparing trans people with bears? Cool shit. Saying trans people have something fucked up with their brains? Cool shit. I'm guessing you've never met a trans person in your life (it's really easy to demonize people when you don't interact with them)

Faculty lounge? What is this, 1933? BTW, I don't talk politics with my colleagues or my students.
Awesome. Enjoy your cosplay.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:54 pm
Zip City wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:52 pm

Awesome. Enjoy your cosplay.

Trans people are cosplay now? Jesus, I didn't think you were this much of a dick.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever