Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Flea

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers but it happened anyways. I'm not sorry for anything I said but I will say this, I will try to tone it down and be more understanding so as to add to conversations. I'm on here because I respect the feedback, and would rather not get personal and that's on me. My Bad.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:18 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:06 pm
did I say anything about a liberal darling? No You did, and those are battle lines that I'm not drawing.
Here's exactly what you said:
boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:25 pm
I'll start by asking if anyone else is pissed that cuomo and others have lied about nursing home deaths. Or is it fine since it fits your narrative?
If you want to claim that my paraphrase of that into "liberal darling Cuomo" is inaccurate, you go right ahead. And if you want to explain how what you wrote is NOT drawing those battle lines I'd love to hear it. Disingenuousness doesn't really suit you.

Fair
And Perhaps I was drawing battle lines. Disingenuous doesn't really suit me? That made me smile, thanks

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Folks, I have to accept responsibility.....my panties were in a bunch there for a few days. And it was obviously evident in a few of my posts. I'd rather just be egotistical and keep swinging but that hasn't worked for me since Texas high school football 1991.

I have beef with Biden and fauci and the cdc and how this pandemic happened and how it was handled. Not you fuckers. Because again, I respect the forum and the feedback. And in particular how I see less tribalism and more thoughtfulness among this crowd than in most other places, that's why I come here.

I'm about accountability and I'm here to accept it.

And I've decided to soften my words Instead or saying "fuck fauci" I'll now use the term "make love to fauci"

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:17 am
Folks, I have to accept responsibility.....my panties were in a bunch there for a few days. And it was obviously evident in a few of my posts. I'd rather just be egotistical and keep swinging but that hasn't worked for me since Texas high school football 1991.

I have beef with Biden and fauci and the cdc and how this pandemic happened and how it was handled. Not you fuckers. Because again, I respect the forum and the feedback. And in particular how I see less tribalism and more thoughtfulness among this crowd than in most other places, that's why I come here.

And I've decided to soften my words Instead or saying "fuck fauci" I'll now use the term "make love to fauci"
**fist bump**

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:17 am

hat tip
boyyourself wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:46 pm
Disingenuous doesn't really suit me? That made me smile, thanks
boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:05 pm
Made boyyourself happy That's all I really wanted
:D :D Sorry, couldn't resist. Just jokin', please don't read anything into this.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

pearlbeer wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:59 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:25 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:20 pm

I'm still waiting for your explanation of how either (i) killing hospice patients is not murder or (ii) deaths with covid are materially different from deaths from covid.

Ok I'll try. I'll start by asking if anyone else is pissed that cuomo and others have lied about nursing home deaths. Or is it fine since it fits your narrative?

And there is a huge difference between dying of covid and dying with covid. They all get counted as covid deaths to suit the narrative. How is that helping?

People die, That's a fact. Have we lost sight of that?

If you try to kill yourself with booze and pills and end up in the hospital and die....but you have covid....that's a covid death. And lots of other pre existing underlying conditions kill people. With or without covid. It's called the cycle of life. Death is required. Why would we count them all as covid deaths? Maybe because hospitals and pharma are for profit.
Ah! Okay...maybe it just took three weeks of you posting the same bullshit over and over for me to finally get it!

I totally get it now.

But, I think you are seeing the glass half empty. People aren't dying of opioids anymore! They are dying of Covid! Problem SOLVED! Who cares if we have an obesity epidemic? Covid will kill 'em off. Environmental issues...thank God for Covid, because we are reducing the population. Amazon is taking advantage of this overinflated health issue to deliver goods I directly requested to my house! Fuck them! No matter, they will never survive as a business if covid goes away. I really want to go see a good 'ol DBT Rock Show, but obesity, lack of hugs, alcohol, serotonin deficiencies, mask garbage, zoloft and processed foods are keeping the goddamn clubs closed. FUCK!!! I told the 40 Watt to go with organic non-alcoholic PBR back in 2018, they don't fucking listen...and look what it got them! All we need are some unvaccinated trolls to solve all of our problems, which are both created and solved by Covid, which probably doesn't exist because the guy who helped stem the AIDS epidemic got bored. It is all clear to me now, thank you for you well reasoned, well sourced, scientific arguments. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go throw a few stones off the side of our flat earth at George Soros, who is clearly eating all of the cheese off the moon. But, before I go, I'm going to pour one out for my 400,000 dead homies who perished from whatever isn't Covid, I mean, I feel bad for them, but look at their lifestyle....they had it coming.

I sure hope we find a cure for not-covid, so we can fix this damn covid problem.
:D Superb.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

I'm genuinely now hopeful that we (we as in the western, first world - shit terms but off hand I cant think of others) are going to be mostly out of this before the end of the year.

The clever bit has been done. Multiple vaccines created and manufacture in place.

The rest is logistics. Figuring out how many jabs can be achieved per day, How to do more of them. Finding more people able to give jabs. One thing thats been holding things up is availability of glass vials. Thats a problem but its a surmountable one. We're going to find that the speed of vaccination accelerates everywhere as systems become more efficient.

Theres still the threat of new variants, anti vax idiots fucking the process and slower rate of vaccination in the third world meaning chances of a a major new variant increase. But all in all, I'm feeling considerably more hopeful than i have in most of a year.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

From a friend/colleague's report on a webinar about the future of healthcare hosted by the National Association of Corporate Directors aka people who should know things. Echoes of boyyourself abound.

"It is now news that is a couple of years old that the model for hospitals and care-giving organizations is moving from “fee for service” to a value care model where institutions are rated and paid based upon efficacy in creating a healthy constituency at lowest cost.

However, the expert panel held that increased reliance on technology is one of the keys to better health, and that technology comes with high up-front costs. Complaining that drug and device companies charge too much may miss the point that they enable ultimate better health at lesser per person cost.

Aside from new drugs and devices, efficiency can be delivered by remote medicine and use of AI; while these are not startling predictions at this point, there seemed to be consensus that visibly radical changes in health care delivery have begun and will accelerate. Hospitals in ten years will look very different. Health care will be delivered first on line, then at remote facilities, and to teaching hospitals only as a last resort.

Emphasis will be on better life styles and practices, keeping people away from needing care in the first instance. (I have noticed, btw, an increase in communications by email and snail mail from my own health care insurers urging regular care during COVID and inviting me to exercise, eat better and stay in touch with care providers.)

Focus for care providers must be to remove fear from the “ribbon of care”– the stream of experiences a patient has from complaint to cure — by creating predictability and efficiency; COVID is a prime experience in demonstrating the ill effects of inefficiencies in this experience."

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

starting tmrw, MA is opening up a lot of things it hasn't before, included seated music venues and sports arenas, albeit at significantly reduced capacity. restaurants never really closed afaik as long as they could comply with the restrictions.

not sure how other states have been doing, but our rollout for the vaccines has been less than stellar. yes, cases are coming down at a very fast rate. but i am thinking this re-opening is just gonna prolong the shit stew we've been soaking in for a year.

I get it - if i had a restaurant i would be doing everything in my ability to stay afloat and if people wanna come in to eat well that's a revenue stream not to be ignored. if my staff doesn't feel safe and quits, well that's another headache to deal with.

i am also at the end of my covid rope, becoming increasingly tired of living a solitary life. hell, i wanted to ski this weekend with a friend and the fucking capacity for lift tickets had been reached when i looked friday so i was SOL (he has a season pass so he skied both days). i am not much of an advanced planner, and this shit is really starting to burrow deep in my epidermis. but i am not ready to start acting as though the pandemic is over, and i really hope people continue to exercise some caution as well.

anyone have vaccine vial or two they aren't using? Hell, at this point i'd go full Sputnik V.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Yeah it's pretty confusing in MA right now, what with the shockingly bad vaccine rollout and the confusing and ever-changing restrictions. I would have thought they would have waited a couple more weeks to get as aggressive on re opening as they now are.

tinnitus photography

March 10th - the day COVID magically disappeared from TX

Pearlbeer, are you the only 3DDer w/ boots on the ground down there? Pls live blog this shit.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Hip hip hooray for Texas I

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I'm sure it will turn out well. You know, like their independent power grid.... :roll:
Last edited by chuckrh on Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tinnitus photography

if you don't have your own transformer farm in your Texan backyard, are you really living your best independent life?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:05 am
there's no chance we see a huge spike in cases next week, right? Texans are well known for self control and following guidelines....
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

A spike in cases? Oh we've been able to call out the south for being retarted about covid for things like going to funerals since the beginning. But it just so happens covid is everywhere and the death rate continues to decline.
It's always easier to play the part with a southern accent.

Time to get on with life. If you're scared stay home.

tinnitus photography

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:12 pm
A spike in cases? Oh we've been able to call out the south for being retarted about covid for things like going to funerals since the beginning. But it just so happens covid is everywhere and the death rate continues to decline.
It's always easier to play the part with a southern accent.

Time to get on with life. If you're scared stay home.
assuming you're not vaccinated, would you see a band in a club right now? say you worked security for that club and were not vaccinated, would you show up for work? or does that fall in the 'scared and stay home' and get fired scenario?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Defenitly not getting vaccinated and welcome any and all exposure I have a strong immune system. I'm not trying to disrespect those that don't.....but I would encourage them to take steps to boost their own. Plenty of things you can do, Isolation certainly not one of them.
Vaccination does not protect you from all cause mortality.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

boyyourself wrote:
retarted
Is this where you take the chocolate almond and buckwheat tart your aunt Sally made for you and give it to your neighbor, Hank, because your youngest, who suffers from severe nut allergies, isn't blessed with the superior immune system boyyourself possesses?
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Nice Nut allergies are usually a gluten intolerance though.
And I've re appropriated the term retard to the guy that said black dudes can't play quarterback. That's retarted.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

cortez the killer wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:55 pm
boyyourself wrote:
retarted
Is this where you take the chocolate almond and buckwheat tart your aunt Sally made for you and give it to your neighbor, Hank, because your youngest, who suffers from severe nut allergies, isn't blessed with the superior immune system boyyourself possesses?

I am not blessed with a superior immune system. I've worked at it. Was a sick kid growing up because of sugar cereal and other terrible choices. It lasted well into
Adulthood as well. It's been quite a battle, But I recommend it.
I'd rather take my health into my own hands and figure out how to bolster my own immunity. That offends you?

tinnitus photography

so Frosted Flakes lead to lupus?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:22 pm

And gout

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I'm sure the COVID-19 virus will be interested to hear about your "strong immune system". I'm sure it will just avoid you at all costs

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:00 pm
I'm sure the COVID-19 virus will be interested to hear about your "strong immune system". I'm sure it will just avoid you at all costs
Or I just don't notice it

tinnitus photography

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:28 pm
tinnitus photography wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:22 pm

And gout
last i checked, gout had nothing do w/ how well an immune system works.

tinnitus photography

Zip City wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:00 pm
zip, it's not like asymptomatic cases are rare, so if you look at relative risks it's not really a big one. but the ramifications of spread to others is the risk i would try to minimize. but that's just my bleeding heart.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:47 am
boyyourself wrote:
there's no chance we see a huge spike in cases next week, right? Texans are well known for self control and following guidelines....
How dare they let people decide for themselves.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LBRod wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:24 pm
Zip City wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:47 am
boyyourself wrote:
How dare they let people decide for themselves.
Decide to get sick and spread the disease (right before Spring Break, natch)?? The choice for everyone to stop wearing masks actually LIMITS the choices of those of us who are trying to protect ourselves and others. It's a selfish act