Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Zip City »

pearlbeer wrote:Jared Kushner - is there anything he can't do???

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dont-worr ... m-covid-19
I mean, he IS a robot that wears human skin, so...
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Seattle shut down day 1: just had to go out & get some blood drawn. Spooky! Very few people or cars. Looked like Day the Earth Stood Still. Footage of NYC looks like latest Living Dead sequel. Hope they get out of this with less pain than is being talked about. Gov Inslee of Washington is negotiating directly with China for supplies & equipment taking the federal government out of the loop. Smart move!

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Hey Chuck - glad to hear your test results brother - my prayers were answered! Continue to relax and do your thing man. NIN is giving away two albums (which I know makes you smile and I'm sure you heard about it already)
NYc is a ghost town. Walked up to my bank today which is 33 blocks away from my flat and it was like a Sunday morning. No one around. So I poked my head into Grand Central Station around noon and there was ten people in the main concourse. Scary and sad all at the same time. Be safe y'all.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Howlinwolf wrote:Hey Chuck - glad to hear your test results brother - my prayers were answered! Continue to relax and do your thing man. NIN is giving away two albums (which I know makes you smile and I'm sure you heard about it already)
NYc is a ghost town. Walked up to my bank today which is 33 blocks away from my flat and it was like a Sunday morning. No one around. So I poked my head into Grand Central Station around noon and there was ten people in the main concourse. Scary and sad all at the same time. Be safe y'all.
Same to you. I'd tell you to head south but I have a feeling the big cities anywhere are going to get hit eventually. Look at New Orleans. Take care.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

The US army is turning the events/convention center attached to the football stadium where the Stones played last summer into a large field hospital in Seattle. It will be use for non COVID-19 patients to take some pressure off the local hospitals.
I've been watching the daily briefing of the US task force with the president. It's quite a spectacle. I watched on CNN & as the president was throwing NY governor Cuomo under the bus there was screen crawl where Cuomo directly called the president a liar about ventilators being stored in a warehouse in NJ. There also seemed to be some discrepancies involving statements being made about General Motors.
The president seems to especially dislike my governor Inslee of Washington & mentioned him in a less than positive light several times. He said he won't call Inslee. Recently Inslee has taken a lot of proactive action to try & slow the spread of the virus. He has also taken the initiative to open negotiations directly with China to get much needed supplies & equipment.
Apparently the vice president is keeping communications open to everyone regardless of politics & rhetoric. I'm not a huge fan of vice president Pence but applaud his efforts to see the bigger picture & take action. The whole situation seems extremely dysfunctional on all sides. I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone.
I think there is room for all parties to improve in the interest of actually working to slow the spread of the virus & save some lives. Now is not the time for partisan politics by anyone regardless of affiliation. I hope all aspects of all governments can work together for the common good of the entire world. Hopefully this can lead to a better world for everyone in the aftermath of the virus.
This was basically an editorial by myself based on observations after much reading & viewing of news. I hope I haven't offended anyone as it was not my aim to accuse anyone of anything. Benjamin Franklin, 1 of the founding fathers of the US, had an excellent quote that is as appropriate for these times as it was over 200 years ago: "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
Again I want to thank everyone who was concerned about my well being while I was trying to get a test & eventually getting the test that showed I don't have the virus. I still have some serious health issues but now am able to work on getting them solved. These days not knowing whilst having some symptoms is almost akin to being a leper & rightly so. I hope everyone is safe & well. Take care, Chuck

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Clams

Post by Clams »

How Taylor Swift Is Helping a Small Nashville Record Store Survive

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... us-976063/

Hope yall are staying safe and healthy out there in 'Murica
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Christopher Cross tests positive for Covid-19.

https://www.stereogum.com/2079185/chris ... d-19/news/
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Sturgill Simpson has tested positive for COVID-19. Sounds like he was having same trouble I was getting tested & results.

https://pitchfork.com/news/sturgill-sim ... verso=true

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I have no problem believing any of that. In fact if i'd had to guess first I would have put higher numbers in some of those categories. This ain't easy and it's only going to get harder.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

https://nypost.com/2020/04/15/google-te ... urnalists/

Interactive update map of USA and by zip code

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

All signs are its going to be absolutely devastating to the industry -- bands and those who work for bands as well as clubs and other venues. I would think that venues such as the 40 watt, Metro in Chicago, Brooklyn Bowl will be the last places to open when all of this has settled down. And even if they open sooner than we anticipate, a large number of people can't or won't be able to attend shows at first. Just brutal.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Mr. B wrote:
All signs are its going to be absolutely devastating to the industry -- bands and those who work for bands as well as clubs and other venues. I would think that venues such as the 40 watt, Metro in Chicago, Brooklyn Bowl will be the last places to open when all of this has settled down. And even if they open sooner than we anticipate, a large number of people can't or won't be able to attend shows at first. Just brutal.
And then big assholes like Live Nation are going to buy the club/franchise, corporatize it, and fuck up the meaning of it.
Now it's dark.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Flea wrote:
Mr. B wrote:
And then big assholes like Live Nation are going to buy the club/franchise, corporatize it, and fuck up the meaning of it.
Maybe, maybe not. As the story says:
Shares of Live Nation Entertainment Inc., the world’s largest concert promoter, have plunged 40% since mid-March, erasing billions from its market value. The company has slashed the salaries of its top executives and borrowed as much as $150 million.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Yesterday afternoon I was out in my yard doing a little gardening and I started to hear music. Like actual people playing actual music. They tuned for a while then lit into soul songs.
Turns out a guy down the street is a musician and he had his band come over and they set up in his driveway. The whole thing was an effort to get folks safely out of the house and lift spirits. In about an hour there were probably 100-125 people set up in lawns and on sidewalks checking out the show.....social distancing guidelines being followed. Eventually Memphis police showed up and said they needed to wrap things up. They were very liberal with enforcement though and they let the band play another 4-5 songs.
It was a very cool scene and Memphis is a very cool town.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

jr29 wrote:Yesterday afternoon I was out in my yard doing a little gardening and I started to hear music. Like actual people playing actual music. They tuned for a while then lit into soul songs.
Turns out a guy down the street is a musician and he had his band come over and they set up in his driveway. The whole thing was an effort to get folks safely out of the house and lift spirits. In about an hour there were probably 100-125 people set up in lawns and on sidewalks checking out the show.....social distancing guidelines being followed. Eventually Memphis police showed up and said they needed to wrap things up. They were very liberal with enforcement though and they let the band play another 4-5 songs.
It was a very cool scene and Memphis is a very cool town.
8-) :D
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Billie Joe Armstrong was great. several other good performances last night. i wasn't expecting much last night & was pleasantly surprised. kudos to Lady Gaga for putting the effort together.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Charlie playing air drums - classic.

What day is it?

https://youtu.be/kcPSmFhmhJ4

Clams

Post by Clams »

Howlinwolf wrote:Charlie playing air drums - classic.

What day is it?

https://youtu.be/kcPSmFhmhJ4
Hope all's well with you in the big apple, howlinwolf

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Thanks Clams - yes hanging in there is the word. Very quiet eerie city going on.

Even our so-called mayor (yes the one who was running for president and received .01% of the vote) is keeping things interesting.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/de-blasio ... scenities/

Keep on Rockin brother! and don't ever stop

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Howlinwolf wrote:Thanks Clams - yes hanging in there is the word. Very quiet eerie city going on.

Even our so-called mayor (yes the one who was running for president and received .01% of the vote) is keeping things interesting.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/de-blasio ... scenities/

Keep on Rockin brother! and don't ever stop
Now is no time to be flashing the wolf cock.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

paper by Bill Gates that was published today

https://www.gatesnotes.com/media/assets ... c=MEDmedia

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Insane Clown Posse Cancel 2020 Gathering of the Juggalos Due to Coronavirus

"We REFUSE to risk even ONE Juggalo life by hosting a Gathering during these troubling times."

When Insane Clown Posse show better judgement than the president, you know we’re truly fucked.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

chuckrh wrote:Insane Clown Posse Cancel 2020 Gathering of the Juggalos Due to Coronavirus

"We REFUSE to risk even ONE Juggalo life by hosting a Gathering during these troubling times."

When Insane Clown Posse show better judgement than the president, you know we’re truly fucked.
We are totally fucked. They don't even know how magnets work!
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

pearlbeer wrote:
chuckrh wrote:Insane Clown Posse Cancel 2020 Gathering of the Juggalos Due to Coronavirus

We are totally fucked. They don't even know how magnets work!
:lol:

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »