Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

scotto

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by scotto »

Backwards states roll call!

No idea why my state's being so harebrained about dealing with this issue, except that the governor and 9/10ths of the general assembly are reactionary right-wing assholes. Oh, OK.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rachel-m ... 3b648adff2

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

chuckrh wrote:I'm finally getting tested today. i've been trying to get one for over 2 weeks. i had to diplomatically pitch a minor fit & point out that it would be logical to test at risk group even if they only had some of the symptoms. there are a real lot of variables in my situation. could take up to a week for results. the testing situation in seattle is still in pretty bad shape. fingers crossed.
Thinking about you, brother!

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

scotto wrote:Backwards states roll call!

No idea why my state's being so harebrained about dealing with this issue, except that the governor and 9/10ths of the general assembly are reactionary right-wing assholes. Oh, OK.

How is Missouri so Red? I always get the impression that St Louis and Kansas City are both pretty liberal, and they have to account for a ton of the state's total population.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Beaverdam wrote:
chuckrh wrote:I'm finally getting tested today. i've been trying to get one for over 2 weeks. i had to diplomatically pitch a minor fit & point out that it would be logical to test at risk group even if they only had some of the symptoms. there are a real lot of variables in my situation. could take up to a week for results. the testing situation in seattle is still in pretty bad shape. fingers crossed.
Thinking about you, brother!
Thanks, Beav ( haha, i kid, i kid!). I've had an interesting day. Did an hour long appointment with my rheumatologist via computer video. I see him every 8 weeks without fail & we had to cancel in house appointment this week. He was checking on my well being & we started making plans on how we are going to proceed with RA treatments. The current one wasn't working & we have stopped it. It is messing with my immune system though. If my virus test is negative, I will go in later next week. A few things that may interest some of you: Ibuprofen & virus don't mix. This may apply to other anti-inflammatories as well, especially ones with a steroid component. It is being studied & I've been taken off the one I use. We talked about me getting blood work & how that is a challenge if virus test positive. His comment was "you've read about leper colonies?". This doctor is a top guy in his field. I will take him at his word. He's kept me going for 10 years, which is a lot longer than the expectation was initially.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

John Prine's wife and manager, Fiona, has tested positive.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

From IORR site: It’s not surprising that both the U.K. and the U.S.A. seem to be sleepwalking into a disaster when the leader of the U.K. makes a joke saying we’re making a last gasp effort to produce ventilators and the White House referring to the virus as kung flu.

scotto

Post by scotto »

Iowan wrote:
scotto wrote:Backwards states roll call!

How is Missouri so Red? I always get the impression that St Louis and Kansas City are both pretty liberal, and they have to account for a ton of the state's total population.
They are and they do. Just not enough these days.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

chuckrh wrote:From IORR site: It’s not surprising that both the U.K. and the U.S.A. seem to be sleepwalking into a disaster when the leader of the U.K. makes a joke saying we’re making a last gasp effort to produce ventilators and the White House referring to the virus as kung flu.
Hmm. Maybe electing a guy who has never once at any point in his life taken responsibility for anything he can't use for self aggrandisement wasn't a great idea.

This works for both assholes btw.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Washington state preparing for triage:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... re-system/

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:Washington state preparing for triage:

How you feeling chuck?
If you don't run you rust

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
chuckrh wrote:Washington state preparing for triage:

How you feeling chuck?
Not well. On pins & needles waiting for test results. They said Monday or Tuesday. Also, been taken off the anti inflammatory med. Not a good thing! Thanks for asking, Clams.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Hang in there brother Chuck - praying for ya pal.

We should all take Brack's advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyUnSuY ... e=youtu.be

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Howlinwolf wrote:Hang in there brother Chuck - praying for ya pal.

We should all take Brack's advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyUnSuY ... e=youtu.be
thanks

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

"’It affects all of us’: Rocker Lee Bains on COVID-19′s immediate impact on indie bands like his"

https://www.al.com/life/2020/03/it-affe ... e-his.html

He's doing a solo set today at on online music festival. Link is in the story.
Let the outside air in

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Boeing is shutting down production lines in Seattle for 2 weeks:

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/b ... perations/

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

No one will do this (because they are cowards), but the ethical thing right now would be for every news network to stop airing the Trump press conferences. If anything, record them, edit out the bullshit, and show highlights. Trump is going to cost a lot of people their lives with his insanity.

I notice that Dr Fauci is not longer welcome at these things, so I guess Trump is just firing anyone who disagrees with him......as usual
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Zip City wrote:No one will do this (because they are cowards), but the ethical thing right now would be for every news network to stop airing the Trump press conferences. If anything, record them, edit out the bullshit, and show highlights. Trump is going to cost a lot of people their lives with his insanity.

I notice that Dr Fauci is not longer welcome at these things, so I guess Trump is just firing anyone who disagrees with him......as usual

Just watched a good bit of the press conference and agree. Beyond reckless and stupid.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Governor Inslee of Washington just shut the state down. Stay at home order.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

chuckrh wrote:Governor Inslee of Washington just shut the state down. Stay at home order.
Certain metro areas in TN (Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville) are doing the same, but I’m afraid a good bit of the damage is already done. TN is about to be one of the top 10 states in terms of having the most cases, because our fearless leader Governor Bill Lee, like the president, thinks he can save the state economy without actually addressing the virus. Meanwhile, the GOP in the state legislature shot down a $20 million relief package yesterday to focus on Lee’s $40 million plan for charter schools. All the while, Trump has shown a growing impatience with health officials and the idea of shutting down the nation for more than 14 days. What a spring it’s shaping up to be!
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:No one will do this (because they are cowards), but the ethical thing right now would be for every news network to stop airing the Trump press conferences. If anything, record them, edit out the bullshit, and show highlights. Trump is going to cost a lot of people their lives with his insanity.

Yes.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

interesting: cannabis stores are considered essential businesses in washington state & will remain open during the shut down.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I've been predicting that the coming inter generational battle over resources generally and health care rationing in particular is going to be brutal and ugly at a level never before seen in American politics. What I didn't think about was the context in which those battles would emerge. In retrospect (already!) I should have realized that these trends would come to a head in the context of a public health crisis such as the one that now confronts us. Crises make for panic and bad decision making so not only are we facing tough, unprecedented problems, we are facing them at a time we are ill-equipped to deal with them properly. Add in the particular problem of our time, lack of effective, competent, credible, inspiring leadership and it's a recipe for disaster. I see no easy way out.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:interesting: cannabis stores are considered essential businesses in washington state & will remain open during the shut down.
I think here the rule is that medical marijuana dispensaries are open but stores selling recreational pot are not, but things are so confusing I'm not totally sure about that. I do know that liquor stores have definitely been declared essential.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:interesting: cannabis stores are considered essential businesses in washington state & will remain open during the shut down.
PS Try to get some sleep, chuck.

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:
I think here the rule is that medical marijuana dispensaries are open but stores selling recreational pot are not, but things are so confusing I'm not totally sure about that. I do know that liquor stores have definitely been declared essential.
We don't have recreational mj in Pennsylvania so can't speak to that, but medical mj is considered essential and staying open. Liquor stores are closed, but wine and beer is available at supermarkets.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
there is no difference between recreational & medical weed here. it's all under the same roof & rules.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
i am going to lie down. i'm supposed to get test results today but will not be surprised if its tomorrow. i've come down with a relapse of nerve virus i had a few months ago i think. i called doc yesterday & they are closed for the week. i need prescription for anti viral. luckily i have nerve pain med leftover but 1 side of my face is swelling up. i left a message on paging service but have not heard back yet. the state shut down wont really affect me as i've been doing what is required for over 2 weeks. on a side note: i live in an area called west seattle which is across the bay from dowtown. there is a high rise bridge connecting the 2. well, they found cracks in the supports for the bridge & have shut it down possibly for months. 100000 cars a day use the bridge under normal circumstances. there are lengthy detours available but they would be overwhelmed if things were normal. the other thing is there are no hospitals on this side of the bridge.luckily there is a small bridge being reserved for first responders, freight & transit only. need to check inventory on "green" store items today. 24 24 hours to go....i wanna be sedated!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

chuckrh wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
i am going to lie down. i'm supposed to get test results today but will not be surprised if its tomorrow. i've come down with a relapse of nerve virus i had a few months ago i think. i called doc yesterday & they are closed for the week. i need prescription for anti viral. luckily i have nerve pain med leftover but 1 side of my face is swelling up. i left a message on paging service but have not heard back yet. the state shut down wont really affect me as i've been doing what is required for over 2 weeks. on a side note: i live in an area called west seattle which is across the bay from dowtown. there is a high rise bridge connecting the 2. well, they found cracks in the supports for the bridge & have shut it down possibly for months. 100000 cars a day use the bridge under normal circumstances. there are lengthy detours available but they would be overwhelmed if things were normal. the other thing is there are no hospitals on this side of the bridge.luckily there is a small bridge being reserved for first responders, freight & transit only. need to check inventory on "green" store items today. 24 24 hours to go....i wanna be sedated!
Thinking of you, Chuck! Hoping for negative results for you today!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Clams

Post by Clams »

Chuck... just curious, how do they notify you of the results? Email? Phone call from testing site? Phone call from your doc??