Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

boyyourself

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

I’d rather get my hands in some compost——-the opposite of hand sanitizer. Compost exposes you to all the bugs which is good for immunity as I understand it.
Ive even heard people are putting a tray of compost in the entry to their house to release the bugs into the atmosphere.
Upper level immune system boost.
As opposed to wipes and bleach and all other chemicals that are killers.
Hell anti bacteria soap got outlawed a few years ago because it’s a killer. Literally. A society habitually using all this shit sounds like a bunch of people not prepared for something like COVID. And what about the next strain that comes along? Are we ready? It seems immune systems and gut micro biome can’t get any headlines due to the soaring popularity of masks and vaccines.
No worries though, I’m sure we are already working on the next vaccine for the next strain, I think the new admin is calling it infrastructure.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

why isn't the banning of soap containing triclosan considered government overreach? can't i decide for myself what kind of soap i want to use?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:29 pm
why isn't the banning of soap containing triclosan considered government overreach? can't i decide for myself what kind of soap i want to use?

Certainly. But why would you weaken your immune until you’re susceptible to illness and need medical attention? Have you no compassion for medical workers?

Hey it’s a smart ass contest! Super fun

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 9:48 am
I’d rather get my hands in some compost——-the opposite of hand sanitizer.
I understand that it's unlikely, but say hypothetically you're about to undergo open heart surgery. Do you want your doctor to wash:

a. w/ water only
b. w/ water and standard issue hospital anti-bacterial soap
c. w/ hand sanitizer
d. w/ compost
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 3:49 pm
boyyourself wrote:
I understand that it's unlikely, but say hypothetically you're about to undergo open heart surgery. Do you want your doctor to wash:

a. w/ water only
c. w/ hand sanitizer
d. w/ compost

I don’t know why do you ask?
And I’m glad you have faith that I won’t have heart surgery.....

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 4:09 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

a. w/ water only
c. w/ hand sanitizer
d. w/ compost

I don’t know why do you ask?
And I’m glad you have faith that I won’t have heart surgery.....

There’s likely a big difference in doing something once to your body compared to habitually . With anything you put in or on your body.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Compost, duh
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Flea

Post by Flea »

Zip City wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:42 pm
Compost, duh
In veterinary medicine, we use dog shit.
Now it's dark.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Compost, duh
Shit response Zip

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:17 pm
Zip City wrote:
Compost, duh
Shit response Zip

Its what you come up with when you hear a thought that doesn't match how you're programmed like a puzzle piece.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Zip City wrote:
Compost, duh
Shit response Zip

I see what you did there.

Also, science >>> pseudo-science

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:47 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Zip City wrote:
Compost, duh
Shit response Zip

Pseudo science=something that doesn’t line up with your beliefs

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 9:55 pm
Zip City wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:47 pm
boyyourself wrote:

Shit response Zip

Pseudo science=something that doesn’t line up with your beliefs
Pseudo science = an old wive's tale you heard that lines up with your beliefs, but isn't actually scientific in any way

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I agree but don’t get your point

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

boyyourself wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:46 pm

Certainly. But why would you weaken your immune until you’re susceptible to illness and need medical attention? Have you no compassion for medical workers?

You are kinda dumb.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

You act like a bitch then call names. But I’m the dumb one. Got it tin. Try racking your brain for a thought next time. Or just go back to your basement and double mask and cry about trump or something. Or just keep repeating what you hear because of your complete lack of originality.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Sun May 16, 2021 2:11 am
boyyourself wrote:

You are kinda dumb.
And I’m pretty sure that being programmed to the point of not having the ability to think for yourself is the defenition of dumb. And you must just be bored. Dude if this kills you I’ll accept responsibility...... but you should go outside man. I think the Mother Fauci and CDCience even said you could. Double check though they may have shifted as of this morning, new stain or something.
Or just stay in your moms basement pointing fingers at somebody else’s mask. If I never went outside this would probably get me off too.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:05 am
You act like a bitch then call names. But I’m the dumb one. Got it tin. Try racking your brain for a thought next time. Or just go back to your basement and double mask and cry about trump or something. Or just keep repeating what you hear because of your complete lack of originality.
I think people are trying to explain some realities to you. I dont think they're trying to be hip, zany or original. Just realistic. That seems to be the intention.

Personally when it comes to medical advice, I would prefer a doctor who tries to be realistic over original.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

beantownbubba wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

a. w/ water only
c. w/ hand sanitizer
d. w/ compost
Is that you, Semmelweis?
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:18 am
Sun May 16, 2021 2:11 am
boyyourself wrote:

You are kinda dumb.
And I’m pretty sure that being programmed to the point of not having the ability to think for yourself is the defenition of dumb. And you must just be bored. Dude if this kills you I’ll accept responsibility...... but you should go outside man. I think the Mother Fauci and CDCience even said you could. Double check though they may have shifted as of this morning, new stain or something.
Or just stay in your moms basement pointing fingers at somebody else’s mask. If I never went outside this would probably get me off too.
This is high level shit-headedness

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Indeed

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

RolanK wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 3:54 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

a. w/ water only
c. w/ hand sanitizer
d. w/ compost
Is that you, Semmelweis?
By the time Semmelweis was my age he had been dead for about 17 years. Our names do not belong in the same post much less the same sentence but I am proud to carry his banner forward. Also, Ignaz is a much cooler name than either jeff or bubba.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Biden saying that if I don’t get the vaccine there may be a price to pay. And what price would that be sir? Is that a science based statement? I think when they said science based they meant throw shit at everyone and see if it sticks.
Though he did caveat with “may”. Nicely worded actually.
All this shit may be true so just in case you better do what I say otherwise youre Neanderthal.
Got it Joe. We should all think like a 40 year unoriginal wishful washy hot take politician who’s never gotten his hands dirty and who couldn’t carry Jimmy Carter’s nail pouch on a job site.
Then we would all be fine I’m sure I’m sure.
If illness is a deviation from nature and my goal is wellness, then I’ll do the opposite of what these “people” are telling me.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

It amazes me the amount of mental energy you put towards convincing yourself NOT to get the vaccine. If you had taken it weeks ago, you could be putting that energy towards something useful.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I’ve put no energy into convincing myself not to get the vaccine. Are you mad about how much money has been spent on the vaccine marketing campaign that could’ve been somewhere else?
Have you a take that is something deeper than a flimsy critique of my comments?
Could you be doing something better with your life?
Personally I’ve spent tons of time and energy wrestling control of my own health parameters and immune system, as have many millions of people. But that is not the prevailing media or political fodder. It’s all masks and vaccines.
Band aids and bullshit.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Heart disease took out 700000 Americans in 2020. More than anything else.
What are we doing about that? I thought it was about saving lives.......it’s not.
It’s about money and control. It’s not requiring a lot of energy to figure that out.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:18 am
We should all think like a 40 year unoriginal wishful washy hot take politician who’s never gotten his hands dirty and who couldn’t carry Jimmy Carter’s nail pouch on a job site.
Time for ol' Joe to dip his mitts into a nice pile of compost, eh? I also believe the best presidents are those that carry the nail pouches best.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

cortez the killer wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:47 am
boyyourself wrote:
We should all think like a 40 year unoriginal wishful washy hot take politician who’s never gotten his hands dirty and who couldn’t carry Jimmy Carter’s nail pouch on a job site.
Time for ol' Joe to dip his mitts into a nice pile of compost, eh? I also believe the best presidents are those that carry the nail pouches best.

Nice one. That does seem like a good way to pick a president. If you have shit on your hands and not hand sanitizer, you get my vote.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:01 am
cortez the killer wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

Nice one. That does seem like a good way to pick a president. If you have shit on your hands and not hand sanitizer, you get my vote.

A two year old can stick his hands in shit. Doesn’t make them presidential material.

Never mind your hot take that the guy who has always identified with the rust belt is somehow a coastal elite...

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:08 am
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:01 am
cortez the killer wrote:

A two year old can stick his hands in shit. Doesn’t make them presidential material.

Never mind your hot take that the guy who has always identified with the rust belt is somehow a coastal elite...

I don’t care how the guy identifies. What’s that got to do with his leadership?