Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

cortez the killer

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by cortez the killer »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:19 pm
cortez the killer wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:16 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:05 am
Connecticut and others also deciding to think like Neanderthals. It's a great way to put it actually, I consider it a compliment. I doubt joe Biden ever even gets his hands dirty.
I live in Connecticut and your assessment is not true. But, hey, don't let the actual facts and pesky details get in the way of a good narrative.

Restrictions are being eased beginning March 19 (allowing restaurants to operate at full capacity, loosening rules on sports and entertainment venues and lifting the state’s travel ban), but not in the way they are in places like Texas and Mississippi. I work with several people who have traveled to places like Texas, Florida, North Carolina and South Carolina in recent months and they are amazed by how many people in those places operate without masks and essentially go about their lives as if there was no pandemic. I think the vast majority of people who live in Connecticut understand the severity of the situation and, although frustrating and in many ways an imposition on living their lives as they've grown accustomed to, realize the best way to return to some semblance of a pre-COVID existence is to follow the science and recommendations of those people who have spent their lives studying and examining these things. We're not at the finish line yet, but this PHASED plan, coupled with an increasing number of people getting vaccinated, puts us closer to that place than we were several months ago.

“We wanted to emphasize that which works and that which is enforceable,” Governor Ned Lamont said at his Thursday afternoon press briefing. “And we know what works is the mask, and we know what works is social distancing, and we know the curfew is something we can enforce.”

“This is not Texas, this is not Mississippi. This is Connecticut,” Lamont said. “We are maintaining the masks.”

Such a better plan. Keep telling yourself that. What's the science on March 19 compared to now? And why do you think death per million on Florida is similar to that in California?
You're right. I'll stop listening to those elite assholes and put my faith the some random dude on the DBT message board who goes by boyyourself.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Good plan

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
What's the science on March 19 compared to now?
What do you care? You proudly don't believe in science, so there's nothing anyone can tell you to think otherwise
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:58 pm
boyyourself wrote:
What do you care? You proudly don't believe in science, so there's nothing anyone can tell you to think otherwise

I proudly don't believe in science? I don't even know what that means. I do like to examine who's science it is. I also think a real scientist sets out to disprove itself, not be programmed, and not be pushing agendas. Crazy town I know.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:43 pm
Zip City wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:58 pm
boyyourself wrote:

I proudly don't believe in science? I don't even know what that means. I do like to examine who's science it is. I also think a real scientist sets out to disprove itself, not be programmed, and not be pushing agendas. Crazy town I know.
Yet you've proved no agendas coming from the CDC. Ironic, no?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I was tracking CDC guidelines and how they shifted with covid. I dare you to find info on the effacacy of masks pre covid. I can almost gaurauntee it's been scrubbed. I find that ironic and agenda based.
You'd think they would've been firm in a stance like masks considering they claim you be the "center for disease control" And btw how are they doing at controlling disease? Just wondering

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Can you present proof that droplets spread covid and who's proved it?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:09 pm
Does your computer not have Google?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Apart from everything else, it's generally a good rule of thumb to do the opposite of whatever Mississippi does about just about everything except music. The state is consistently last or next to last in just about every measure of well being and success. We'll see how the rule works in this case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... _headlines
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Check out the chart that shows percentage point changes in growth and and death rate with mask mandates. Spoiler alert: they are insignificant.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:28 pm
Zip City wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:50 pm
The big unintended consequence of full reopening in Texas and Mississippi is that it will slow down vaccination as well. As soon as people feel like things are "back to normal", the urgency to get vaccinated will wane. People will either opt not to get it, or "wait for a better vaccine" down the road. Either way, it will make herd immunity take longer to achieve, and will keep large swaths of people vulnerable to variants that will (and are) coming

That's your opinion zip, and it's duly noted.

Plenty of people will not be getting the vaccine. Myself and family included. Just sayin
are you just against COVID or is polio cool?

tinnitus photography

boyyourself wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:55 pm
Check out the chart that shows percentage point changes in growth and and death rate with mask mandates. Spoiler alert: they are insignificant.
if they are statistically insignificant, why did the study authors state this in the summary? did you do a paired student T test on the data set?
Summary
What is already known about this topic?
Universal masking and avoiding nonessential indoor spaces are
recommended to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

What is added by this report?
Mandating masks was associated with a decrease in daily
COVID-19 case and death growth rates within 20 days of
implementation. Allowing on-premises restaurant dining was
associated with an increase in daily COVID-19 case growth rates
41–100 days after implementation and an increase in daily
death growth rates 61–100 days after implementation.

What are the implications for public health practice?
Mask mandates and restricting any on-premises dining at
restaurants can help limit community transmission of COVID-19
and reduce case and death growth rates. These findings can
inform public policies to reduce community spread of COVID-19.

tinnitus photography

boyyourself wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:09 pm
what's your working theory on how hospital workers have contracted the virus?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Person who is annoyed by COVID also actively defies all recommendations around avoiding COVID

Also proudly uneducated and aspires to be a Neanderthal

Flea

Post by Flea »

First Moderna vaccine yesterday for me.
Now it's dark.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I finally became eligible for vaccine in Washington state yesterday. Distribution has been a mess. Based on the honor system, you can guess how that went. Even though I have significant risk factors, I wasn't going to lie on the tool to determine eligibility. Not how I operate. Anyway, i signed up for a bunch of waiting lists & it didn't look like I was going to get a shot soon. Except for the pharmacy I use. I go to a store from a small chain that has constant computer issues. I go to them because I'm on a lot of exotic shit & they take care of me pretty well. So, when they opened yesterday I called the pharmacist direct. Turns out no one is calling them to get on a list. I was able to get scheduled this afternoon for shot #1 of Moderne. That's the one my doctor preferred I get, due to the other health issues. He chose Moderne for himself & coincidentally Dr Fauci did, too. Fingers crossed all goes well. Can't wait to get back to somewhat normal.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Flea wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:04 am
First Moderna vaccine yesterday for me.
I got the Johnson and Johnson shot on Monday. It did make me little sick overnight Monday and the first half of Tuesday. Mild fever, fatigue, and a little muscle pain. It wasn't bad at all though.
Almost everyone in my close circle of family and friends has gotten at least one shot now. A month ago I didn't know anyone who had gotten one.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I’m getting my first Pfizer today

tinnitus photography

i'm 55 and i work in the fucking vaccine industry and i haven't gotten a goddamn shot yet.

fuck the MA rollout in the ass.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:15 am
i'm 55 and i work in the fucking vaccine industry and i haven't gotten a goddamn shot yet.

Hang in there. I'm 60 with a compromised immune system & couldn't get approved until yesterday. I (& my doctor) was getting pretty pissed off at the situation. Got lucky with my pharmacy as far as not having to wait for the shot. Be well & stay safe.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I don't totally understand how I was able to get mine. I'm not eligible in Tennessee, but I guess I was in Arkansas. I am an owner operator truck driver and the company who I pull for said any drivers could get it if we could be at the company headquarters in Little Rock this past Monday between 9-11AM.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Guess Ohio is ahead of the curve. We're opening up to age 16+ on 3/29

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Happened in Mississippi this week too. Everyone is eligible 16+
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I’m no epidemiologist, but from what I understand ass fucking does not spread COVID-19!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I'm finally scheduled for the first shot on 3/25. My personal experience is that i had to wait forever but when my healthcare provider told me I was approved to sign up, when I went to the website I was spoiled for choice: multiple times at multiple locations on multiple days. Impossible to figure this shit out but my best guess is that they've thrown efficiency and rationality to the wind and are just trying to get it done through "brute force" (i.e. overwhelming numbers).

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I've been up all night with flu symptoms post shot. I was pretty much expecting that though. Same thing happens with the high dosage flu vaccine every year & the shingles vaccine was nasty. Is because of the other exotic poisons I have to take. Will be worth the discomfort in the long run. Planning on an all day on the couch with NCAA tournament festival. Not a horrible way to go.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I woke up this morning feeling like someone punched me in the arm, but that's it. My wife is sleeping pretty hard, so I'm wondering if she's feeling more effects than me

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

me and mrs. dime.......1st dose of moderna on 3/12.

no ill effects. tender shoulder for a few days.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:42 am
I woke up this morning feeling like someone punched me in the arm, but that's it. My wife is sleeping pretty hard, so I'm wondering if she's feeling more effects than me
Overwhelming fatigue was my wife's principal symptom so you are probably right about your wife.