Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

boyyourself

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:10 pm
I know all those elite coastal cities are all the same but still, it isn’t often that Seattle is confused with New York City or that Sonic Youth is confused with grunge.
New york seattle la san fran telluride havana, and that place where bernie ssnders honeymooned. Its all the same to me. I too can cast a net. And that what you choose to glean from my post?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://www.mercola.com/

Your team is winning. Be happy about it,
Dr mercola cancelling himself is a victory for your team. Cnn chasing this guy arounnd in vans, and sniffing joseph biden agree with you that information about self care is harmful to society. Hitler and stalin cant roll over in their graves because of their raging boners on account of all of the compliance for the greater good, just warms their dead big giant, listen to me because i know better big hearts.
Take the victory and your vax passport and your insulin pump and eat cake. Its the land of milk and honey and compliance, sing and dance all night long, just not with others lest yee also be cosidered a murderer.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Resist!!!✊ lol

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

This is quite the meltdown
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:15 pm

Little too close to home?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:15 pm

Dont worry im tapping out now

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Kidding. Youd be bored without me.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:23 pm
Kidding. Youd be bored without me.
It's amusing how you've somehow made this entire thread about you

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://www.espn.com/

Dude mentions he is young and healthy and wants to work on his own health and all that but this is the first time ive heard of someone not taking the vax to make sure theres enough for those that need it.
Im gonna steal that. If someone asks me why Im not getting vaxxed? Altruism. I feel like theres just not enough of that going around.

But seriously, what bs. Im starting to understsnd why koepka doesnt like this guh

phungi

Post by phungi »

Since we are moving to case studies, it appears not everyone with a "healthy lifestyle" is immune from COVID:

‘Super fit’ twin dies of COVID aged 42 in UK after refusing vaccine, thinking he’d suffer ‘mild illness’

And COVID even infects groups of sherpa and climbers, fit enough to climb Everest:

At least 100 climbers, support staff infected with COVID-19 at Mt. Everest, expert guide says

However, it was very altruistic of them to save the vaccines for others, so there's that...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Even Fauci knows that Sonic Youth are from New York City. Breathe it out and let it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hGMr-cxUzQ

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

phungi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:19 am
Since we are moving to case studies, it appears not everyone with a "healthy lifestyle" is immune from COVID:

‘Super fit’ twin dies of COVID aged 42 in UK after refusing vaccine, thinking he’d suffer ‘mild illness’

And COVID even infects groups of sherpa and climbers, fit enough to climb Everest:

At least 100 climbers, support staff infected with COVID-19 at Mt. Everest, expert guide says

However, it was very altruistic of them to save the vaccines for others, so there's that...

So some people got covid and thats news? I dont see the point given that covid is everwhere. And plus if you have a respiratorry infection at high altitude, it only stands to reason youre gonna be coughing. Any deaths up there? The article didnt mention any, nor anything about serious illness, just a bunch of coughing.
And full disclosure, climbing was most of my life for the better part 15 year until slowing down to farm, ive travelled the world for bouldering, sport climbing, and bagging peaks in the Sierras in later years.
And so, i just honestly think this is interesting ...........
And coincedentally just before reading your post i had breakfast with a 20 plus year climbing partner of mine. Dude has an unmatched resume. A climbing and wildlife film and documentarian who was one of the cameraman on the movie Free Solo. Alex Honnold. Dude also took Dean Potter on his first alpine climb.
He told me this morning he didnt want to get vaxxed but had to because he travels the world filming------- including going to Everest this year and the last few to film.
After reading your post i called and asked him about sherpas and their well being and how susceptible he thinks they might be to getting hammered by covid, to me its always complex "fit" is one thing, but there is such thing as overdoing anything, too many triathlons, too much lifting weights, too much time spent at high altitude with little oxygen. Crossfit is a perfect example. People do that shit everday until they develop a cough. Crossfit cough. Thats not wellness and it compromises your immune system. I know too well. Its like being bull rider tough which is borderline stupid. In 2013 i win the Colorado Crossfit open in my age group. The fittest old man in Colorado they said. Was on my way to the Crossfit games in sunny socal, buuuuuuuut, and i know you like big buts, when the competition was over i literally couldnt move for a week. Thats not bulletproof. The training it took and the comp itself nearly killed me. Then my dumbass trained for another month. Woke one morning, i quit. For good. I literally didnt workout for 3 months just to heal. And have not done anything remotely close to a crossfit work out since. Feel younger at 47 than 35.
Hormones too. Preparing for war raises testosterone. War destroys your hormones. Thats proven.

Another thing my buddy mentioned was air quality. People in katmandu have been wearing masks since loooong before this the air quality is so bad there, thats also where a lot of sherpa come from.
Plus buddy said all the village people would run into over the years had talked about how they had all summited everest several times. And the only summit for most them.
Sherpa culture is different and as we discussed spending tons of time at altitude and using supplemental oxygen, over and over and repeat as a lifestyle, you put your respiratory system at risk like a crossfit cough. It doesnt go away if you dont stop.
Same with endurance athletes like triatheles. They are known to be fit and they are. But its not a formula for longevity to do shit loads of triathlons or ironmans like that one guy you mentioned. Running swimming biking are all the same as far as your heart and lungs are concerned. Too many triathlons is terrible f0r your heart. Plus many of them dont get nearly enough calories, all that combined throws everything out of whack at some point. Youve deviated well past wellness, and youve gotten really good at suffering for long periods of time, breathing hard, not recovering, possibly ever, you can basically put yourself in perpetual fight or flight and that is going to weaken you and put you at risk of all kinds, in this case, respiratory issues. And to outsiders or even yourself you are percieved as "fit".
Been there done that so have many. Going bouldering now. Which now means hanging out in the woods on my crash pad near the boulders.
Fun re living past lives.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:50 am
Even Fauci knows that Sonic Youth are from New York City. Breathe it out and let it in.

Its been well eatablished that i am a dope and dont always use words good. But i will happily be your low hanging fruit T. If it makes you happy it cant be that bad. I do love me some paula cole.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:47 am
"fit" is one thing, but there is such thing as overdoing anything, too many triathlons, too much lifting weights, too much time spent at high altitude with little oxygen. Crossfit is a perfect example. People do that shit everday until they develop a cough. Crossfit cough. Thats not wellness and it compromises your immune system. I know too well. Its like being bull rider tough which is borderline stupid. In 2013 i win the Colorado Crossfit open in my age group. The fittest old man in Colorado they said. Was on my way to the Crossfit games in sunny socal, buuuuuuuut, and i know you like big buts, when the competition was over i literally couldnt move for a week. Thats not bulletproof. The training it took and the comp itself nearly killed me. Then my dumbass trained for another month. Woke one morning, i quit. For good. I literally didnt workout for 3 months just to heal. And have not done anything remotely close to a crossfit work out since. Feel younger at 47 than 35.
Hormones too. Preparing for war raises testosterone. War destroys your hormones. Thats proven.
Interesting.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:01 pm
LBRod wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:56 am
beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:05 pm

I get the first part but not the second. What power? What control?
Shall we start with the CDC flexing into areas that are none of their business?
No doubt I'm missing something but as I see it, the CDC has been one of the biggest losers of this whole mess. Precious credibility either gone or going. Dubious leadership. Turf wars. And I don't know what areas that are none of their business you're referring to.
I accept that the CDC's handling of the tenant eviction moratorium situation can well be viewed as flexing into areas that are none of its business. This is a new development and I'm not sure it's really the CDC that's doing the heavy lifting but it seems a reasonable example of what you're talking about.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

tinnitus photography

boyyourself wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:50 am

Its been well eatablished that i am a dope and dont always use words good. But i will happily be your low hanging fruit T. If it makes you happy it cant be that bad. I do love me some paula cole.
maybe you should particupate in a different forum sometime...

it's gotta be unhealthy that nearly half your posts are in this topic

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:22 pm
boyyourself wrote:

So a light hearted atrempt at humor is unhealthy? Misdiagnosis sir. Im enjoying being on here. Nothing personal. Wanna get personal? I can play dirty too. Its dumb. Dont like and dont intend to do it.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:

O :?

Its gotta be unhealthy keeping track of my numbers but you do you. Anywaya nothing against ya man. And btw i hear ya. Trying to keep my own sense of humor. Somwtimez i type my thoughts hastily. It doesnt always come across good. I get that. Ive also admitted to being too much in my feelers but uzually that aint the case. I never commrnted before for fear of lost in translation and the internet is weird but this is not anonomous. Thats why im here. Nothing to hide behind. Hell sometimes in real life i can barely organize my thoughts enough to form a coherent sentences. Youve read my post, theres a lot going on up in my dome all the time. Also why i like being on here. I like hearing alternative perspectives. Always have. I just dont like to fight anymore with anyone about anything. Former whiskey drinker that liked to fight. Not anymore. I only have contentious relations on here, not in real life. Thats on me. And certainly not the intention,
What you couldve said is, maybe you need some pigs. Im workin on it.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://thefederalist.com/2021/08/05/fa ... s-on-dogs/

I am starting not to like this guy.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:42 am

What did Samuel Clemens say about not wishing anyone dead but reading some obituaries with great enthusiasm? Yeah.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://sputniknews.com/europe/20210806 ... ovid-shot/

This is beyond predictable. Perpetual Covid shots. And another and another. Whats the science say on diminishing returns on surrendering to perpetual boosters? We just dont know yet. Best to err in the side of "safety" lol

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:00 am
boyyourself wrote:

What did Samuel Clemens say about not wishing anyone dead but reading some obituaries with great enthusiasm? Yeah.

It was never about lives. Where are the covid bros now? Who have been chirping about it being all about lives, because youre such a bleeding heart that you want to see no harm done? Where you at? Ah well retractions are never as vigourous as all the shit you done slung. Yall been defending this mfr for monthz. And killing me for hating him. Absolutely classic

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:00 am
boyyourself wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/

Combined with this. Someone who touts vitamin D and exercise and lifestyle, and has for 50 years to great success helping people live "quality lives, is enemy number one to our government? What, white supremacy or Russia or Fox Newz didnt want any?
So im just trying to keep up.

We MUST do expiriments on animals, in which humans are animals, over and again, inspite of about 2 million years of humanity to glean from (or look at recent spikes that are happening in hot parts of the country right meow because people are inside together under ac. What a mystery)
Lets not have cnn do a story on how lifetsyle actually matters. Its that indoor outdoor divide.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://www.youtube.com/

Sorry i meant to post this if it works. Cnn tracking down our biggest threat dr mercola. Real cronyism errrrrrrrrr journalism

tinnitus photography

boyyourself wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:13 pm
boyyourself wrote:

Its gotta be unhealthy keeping track of my numbers but you do you. Anywaya nothing against ya man. And btw i hear ya. Trying to keep my own sense of humor. Somwtimez i type my thoughts hastily. It doesnt always come across good. I get that. Ive also admitted to being too much in my feelers but uzually that aint the case. I never commrnted before for fear of lost in translation and the internet is weird but this is not anonomous. Thats why im here. Nothing to hide behind. Hell sometimes in real life i can barely organize my thoughts enough to form a coherent sentences. Youve read my post, theres a lot going on up in my dome all the time. Also why i like being on here. I like hearing alternative perspectives. Always have. I just dont like to fight anymore with anyone about anything. Former whiskey drinker that liked to fight. Not anymore. I only have contentious relations on here, not in real life. Thats on me. And certainly not the intention,
before your kidneys released a LD50 dose of adrenaline, my main point of the post was that maybe you should use this board to talk about other bands and music instead of foaming at the mouth in just two specific threads. seems a bit... manic, maybe? i don't think it would have taken Columbo to figure out where you spend most of your time here. just a thought.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:38 am
boyyourself wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:13 pm

before your kidneys released a LD50 dose of adrenaline, my main point of the post was that maybe you should use this board to talk about other bands and music instead of foaming at the mouth in just two specific threads. seems a bit... manic, maybe? i don't think it would have taken Columbo to figure out where you spend most of your time here. just a thought.
Heard ya the first time. And responded.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:38 am
maybe you should use this board to talk about other bands and music
New rule/suggestion:

For every 5 posts in the covid and/or politics threads, you got to post at least once in the listening thread
If you don't run you rust

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

A friend of mine said this, this morning. Is he wrong?

Somehow, the major government "health" organizations seem to have completely forgotten the concept of context. They certainly have forgotten history, even recent history.

Some of you can remember, as I do, that smallpox was a real virus that killed people. About 30% of the people who caught the severe type - DIED - as in dead, no longer living, terminated. Even a brush with the less dangerous version killed over 1% of the people (often children) who caught it. Smallpox was a killer. It killed millions, sometimes tens of millions every decade. It apparently had been killing people centuries before the Christ was born. In modern times it killed at least 400,000 people EVERY YEAR untill 1977. That was a virus (actually two) worth developing a vaccine for.

Yet, even when the vaccine was developed there was never a call for vaccine passports. Adults were NOT required to prove they had a smallpox jab in order to keep their job. I don't remember any government orders to shut down schools or close businesses. I do remember parents grabbing their kids to take them to play with any kid in the neighborhood who had chickenpox. Chickenpox is a little more dangerous than the covid "delta variant" but it is mostly dangerous to adults, not so much kids.)

And that leads to an important point. The mRNA (or any of the real covid vac shots) might prevent infection and should help reduce the severity it you get the Wuhan cold, but exposure to the real thing would be more effective. We cannot make the Wuhan cold bug go away. Fauci's special modified virus is loose upon the world. What we can do is end the idiocy, let people catch the Wuhan/Fauci cold, and lat everyone get on with their lives.

It is time to tell the power mad plotters to shove it where the sun don't shine?
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Saying Fauci created and/or is responsible for any variant of COVID is unproven, wildly disingenuous conspiracy theory stuff.