Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Zip City »

The RO numbers for the Delta variant are terrifying
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Zip City wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 am
Yes they are. & even scarier is people are insisting on making the same or similar mistakes as 100 years ago during the Spanish flu pandemic. Hell, some of the mistakes are like what was happening during the Bubonic plague in the middle ages. That old saying if we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it is in play. I'm still masking up when out in public because of the other issues I've been having. I don't need more piled on top of what is already messing my so called life up significantly. The worst part is it isn't just the dumbasses that are affected. Everybody suffers in some way. The vaccines for COVID have been a minor miracle in how fast scientists have addressed the problem. It's all for nought though if people don't take advantage. It's a bit radical but I'm still in favor of the leper colony concept. It'll never happen but leprosy was basically defeated by drastic measures. I sure we don't get to that point with COVID but with the ever increasing mutations, it's not out of the question.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

chuckrh wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 am
Zip City wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 am
Yes they are. & even scarier is people are insisting on making the same or similar mistakes as 100 years ago during the Spanish flu pandemic. Hell, some of the mistakes are like what was happening during the Bubonic plague in the middle ages. That old saying if we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it is in play. I'm still masking up when out in public because of the other issues I've been having. I don't need more piled on top of what is already messing my so called life up significantly. The worst part is it isn't just the dumbasses that are affected. Everybody suffers in some way. The vaccines for COVID have been a minor miracle in how fast scientists have addressed the problem. It's all for nought though if people don't take advantage. It's a bit radical but I'm still in favor of the leper colony concept. It'll never happen but leprosy was basically defeated by drastic measures. I sure we don't get to that point with COVID but with the ever increasing mutations, it's not out of the question.

And who are the dumbasses according to you? And what exactly makes "them" the "dumbasees? Or what in this scenario makes you the not dumbest? Just curious. Seems to be diverse opinions and actions within all kinds of races, creeds, religions, and national originins regarding vaxxing, masking, lockdowns, etc. But you have the dumbasses pegged?

You also come on here and generalize people by intelligence based on their region. Very deep. Those southerners sure are dumb for attending funerals and such eh? Well now that it's everywhere so I guess that's because everyone is dumb according to that upper level "logic".

I regionally generalize people as well according to their place of region, and make own decisions about who the dumbasses are. Or at least magnify the facts in real time to my own daughter and let her choose. She had grandparents in Bellingham Washington and Booker Texas. The literal polar opposite ends of about every imaginable spectrum. She hasn't been able to see her Bellingham grandparents in since covid. They chose not to see her out of fear. They almost disowned my ex wife for going to Mexico last year. How dare she travel in a pandemic. They are always so sad and grump and all I remember about them is how "liberal" they are and how they always talk shit on conservatives. Always. That's all they do. I've never seen noses high in the air. And where did that get them? They are scared to see family. OK? Not OK.
Meanwhile my daughter has been to Texas twice and they've come here. My mom and my grandma would rather die than not see family. They both survived covid no problem and thats not ironic of you ask me, considering community is the most important foundation to good health. It wasn't fox news that persuaded my mother to visit her granddaughter.

A good friend of mine the other day told me that his whole family has flipped flopped on all things covid related based how I kept saying that it's fucked up how old people are dying alone, turns out his grandma had barely been hanging on for years when covid hit. Then no one was allowed to see her for months then she died recently.
We sat there imagining the horror of dying alone because someone else decided you aren't allowed to see family. And how I'm sure all she wanted to do was hold her sons hand one last time. Nope. That might kill her or something. Now she's dead.
My friends wife was more scared than anyone and didn't want her kids to leave the house. My buddy was pulling his hair out. Knowing this ain't good. She has completely pivoted as well. They all got covid too. No problems. And they don't want to get vaxxed. Why would they?
They literally invited me over to their house to tell me all of this as they've had no one over in a year. They uninvited my daughter and i to Thanksgiving, upsetting but I respected it and had Thanksgiving dinner with a bunch of unmasked unvaxxed Mennonites who thought I was an alien when I was telling them.about all the covid restrictions going on in the mountains.
Experience changed my friends minds. Not info off of the internet. I was glad she came around and welcomed me back into her house with a big hug. Last winter she was having her kids avoid me even though I've help raised them and we shared a house together just three years ago. U never blamed her for anything. And have full respect for any mother wanting what's best for her kids. Even better when they realize the best thing for kids is to interact with other kids. Ain't gonna lie I missed the shit out of those kids and am so happy to have them back crawling all over me. Missed my friends too.
Another thing that helped change their minds is they run the gymnastics center here. She's ultimately a rule follower and has bent over backwards to cow to every mandate to make sure she keeps her business afloat. She's worked twice as hard to have half as many kids in her gym.
The other day she gets a call from the health department saying one of her students was sick and that she needed to contact trace and reach out to all of her clients. Oh so kill her weekend because a kid had symptoms? She also got a lecture from the health person about getting vaxxed. She had covid. And still zero deaths here but OK. So now she's just passed and tired of playing their games. So trying to know their rights and plot their next move.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Imagine living in such a tiny bubble and thinking that experience is the same as the rest of the world...

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

We are looking at pre-vaccine levels of daily positive cases in the next 4-6 weeks.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Zip City wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:08 pm

We are looking at pre-vaccine levels of daily positive cases in the next 4-6 weeks.
Interesting color choices for high and low transmission levels for that map.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:29 pm
Imagine living in such a tiny bubble and thinking that experience is the same as the rest of the world...

Imagine tens of millions of people who would agree with Me. You can't from your bubble. But hey I'm glad you're back after checking out again, again. For updated graphs and meme and coloring books and Capri suns. Maybe an orange slice?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/cdc-to- ... spots.html

Ya don't say. And it seems like the white house is trying to roll out the story of this being the pandemic of the unvaccinated. I guess these inflated infection numbers being driven home, like since day one, and the subsequent mask orders, kind of fly in the face of that doesn't it?

I'm grateful that none of this effects me at all. I'm not getting vaxxed or putting on a mask. I'm not upset that my daughter got vaxxed---- but she got vaxxed under the premise that the unvaxxed would have to wear masks in school. So f ING much for that eh? That was easy to call and I did the other day on this forum and I told her that. Now it's both. A 14 year old with no CO mordities or other conditions, in a community with zero deaths and where no one really got sick, is now vaxxed and has to mask up just attend school.

Can't wait to start seeing the reports coming in about how infection rates are dropping because of mask mandates. Because I'm sure that will happen. But who wants to admit to progress? Certainly not progressives. From what I can tell progress is the last thing progressive would acknowledge. That's weird.

And I see plenty of people on here presenting numbers to try and prove their point for the last year and a half. Infection rates. No one cares about death rates? Why is that I'm curious, and wouldn't death rates be plummeting because infection rates are rising?

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:22 pm
Imagine tens of millions of people who would agree with Me. You can't from your bubble.
I don't live in a bubble and I meet those people every day. To some of my more paranoid friends, I am one of those people. I still don't capitalize ME.
boyyourself wrote:
For updated graphs and meme and coloring books and Capri suns.
A graph is an intention to communicate information; a meme is an attempt to bludgeon someone over the head with an idea. Given that you have a hard time distinguishing between the two--or making coherent arguments of any sort--my general disapproval of meme warfare is suspended in your case.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

jr29

Post by jr29 »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:39 pm
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/cdc-to- ... spots.html

Ya don't say. And it seems like the white house is trying to roll out the story of this being the pandemic of the unvaccinated. I guess these inflated infection numbers being driven home, like since day one, and the subsequent mask orders, kind of fly in the face of that doesn't it?

I'm grateful that none of this effects me at all. I'm not getting vaxxed or putting on a mask. I'm not upset that my daughter got vaxxed---- but she got vaxxed under the premise that the unvaxxed would have to wear masks in school. So f ING much for that eh? That was easy to call and I did the other day on this forum and I told her that. Now it's both. A 14 year old with no CO mordities or other conditions, in a community with zero deaths and where no one really got sick, is now vaxxed and has to mask up just attend school.

Can't wait to start seeing the reports coming in about how infection rates are dropping because of mask mandates. Because I'm sure that will happen. But who wants to admit to progress? Certainly not progressives. From what I can tell progress is the last thing progressive would acknowledge. That's weird.

And I see plenty of people on here presenting numbers to try and prove their point for the last year and a half. Infection rates. No one cares about death rates? Why is that I'm curious, and wouldn't death rates be plummeting because infection rates are rising?
It says in the article that vaccinated people represent a very small amount of transmission. It's a precautionary measure. This isn't some reverse, gotcha shit that you are trying to turn it into.

I asked this earlier in the thread and you didn't respond so I'll ask again. Who do you think is pulling the strings and to what end ? I cannot follow the logic.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:50 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Imagine tens of millions of people who would agree with Me. You can't from your bubble.
I don't live in a bubble and I meet those people every day. To some of my more paranoid friends, I am one of those people. I still don't capitalize ME.
boyyourself wrote:
For updated graphs and meme and coloring books and Capri suns.
A graph is an intention to communicate information; a meme is an attempt to bludgeon someone over the head with an idea. Given that you have a hard time distinguishing between the two--or making coherent arguments of any sort--my general disapproval of meme warfare is suspended in your case.

Thanks for the education and modifying who gets to determine what's appropriate and effective communication.
When you only and perpetually use graphs and number to try to prove your sides point, and that's all you do, it's dumb.
That's all i was saying.

And is there anything you'd like me to clarify? Or was it easier just to call me incoherent. From what I've heard about you when you in person you go on and on and on. Is that effective? You don't have to read my comments. But people listen to you go on forever and I'm SURE its all coherent. Now didn't you enjoy me getting personal with you for no reason. Fun huh? Such a great tactic too

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Numbers = dumb

Anecdotal stories about Mennonites in Telluride = smart

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Zip City wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:58 pm
Numbers = dumb

Lighten up kids.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

cortez the killer wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:36 pm

Interesting color choices for high and low transmission levels for that map.
Yeah, I noticed that. I'm not sure those choices are really helpful when presumably trying to communicate to the widest possible audience.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:28 pm
And is there anything you'd like me to clarify? Or was it easier just to call me incoherent. From what I've heard about you when you in person you go on and on and on. Is that effective? You don't have to read my comments. But people listen to you go on forever and I'm SURE its all coherent. Now didn't you enjoy me getting personal with you for no reason. Fun huh? Such a great tactic too
I'm indifferent to how you feel about me. But I will say this: When I run my mouth--and I can be long-winded--I do have something to say.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:58 pm
Numbers = dumb

You're words not mine

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/28/health/u ... index.html

The science has changed again folks. Just keeping you up to date.
How could I have ever raised an eyebrow to mask bs starting when Pfauci lied to make sure Healthcare workers had enough. Now it's come to this. Maybe the Vax isn't working on the news variant? No shit? I'm going out on a limb and saying they are working on a new Vax already.

But. In the meantime. Mask up. Got it. And, still get vaxed? Is it still the miracle that's gonna save us all?
Not according to pfauci and the cdc.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Headline: "The science didn't change"

boyyourself" "The science changed again"

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... admission/

This is why it's useless to keep posting infection numbers to prove a point.
But ya tryyyyyyyyy don't ya.

But seriously the pandemic of the unvaxxed narrative is on life support. The mask narrative is hilariously Still alive.
These narratives that were invented by the same people are now at war with each other.
Hey Joe what's your plan? Tell you after the election, ie for now we gonna play go along get along and grab ass with the cdc and them til we win. Then when the time is right we divide from them. And look at that. Easy to predict really.

So should I still.get this Vax or wait for the delta variant Vax. Both? In the meantime, mask up.and avoid others?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:08 am
Headline: "The science didn't change"

boyyourself" "The science changed again"

oh shit you're right. "The science didn't change, the virus did"

I bet you've already used that in a sentence you cute little pfauci parrot.

Pfauci after all is the expert in studying the mutation of viruses. Hey its happening!!!!!!!

So all along I've been saying. So what happens when the next strain comes along? Hunker down mask up wait for Vax? How bout the next one? And the next one? Now it's happening. So what? Thought these were miracle cures. Miracle cures and snake oil.
Now what? Always the question. Hunker down. Mask. Vax. Repeat. Forever. Now what?

I got killed on here for bringing up lifestyle. Well, this is the alternative we get. Mask. Hunker down. Vax. Repeat.
Who says when it ends? Pfauci or Biden? Certainly not pfauci who's tried to get people to socially distance for 40 years. 40. S0 forgive for not trusting him,

So I never bought the mask. Never bought the social distance. Never bought the Vax. How can you look at everything that's happening right now and call me the fool?
Ah because the post covid definition of a fool is one who cautiously decides for himself how to think. Or, one who doesn't blindly comply.
These narrative based definitions are mutating like a mutating virus that escaped from a mutating virus lab.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The first time I heard the term "miracle cure" associated with this vaccine was in the post you just made.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:29 am
The first time I heard the term "miracle cure" associated with this vaccine was in the post you just made.

You got me again man. Miracle. That better.? You heard that? Believe it? Not me. Have not believed in them since I hit the ground. I've been getting sold miracles for 5 decades. Still haven't bought in. Foolish i know.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:51 am
Pfauci after all is the expert
I'm curious as to why you intentionally misspell Fauci's name. Is it just a "garden variety" insult/lack of respect or is there some particular meaning or symbolism to the spelling you use?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:48 am
You got me again man. Miracle. That better.? You heard that? Believe it? Not me. Have not believed in them since I hit the ground. I've been getting sold miracles for 5 decades. Still haven't bought in. Foolish i know.
I assume this is rhetoric/hyperbole? Do you agree that we live in an age where medical miracles have become almost routine, from wiping out polio to the astounding cure rates for many cancers compared to just a couple of decades ago? Or are you literally saying that none of that is true or that none of that is miraculous?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Well it seems like we are back to screaming at each other. Disappointing but I guess that’s what passes for normal now along with a lot of other things that aren’t good.

Top of the list of changes are the thousands of voices silenced because they cited facts that did not agree with the official narrative. To date, very few of those silenced have been killed (although five national leaders who opposed requiring mRNA shots in their countries being assassinated, and an attempted assassination, should count as aggressively silenced).

The concept of total government control over medicine is now commonplace instead of something most people argued against.

It is now (mostly) accepted that the government can force businesses to close and people to stay home whenever they choose.

A semi-permanent state of emergency seems commonplace now.

Fewer people than ever trust government, but fewer voices in opposition are heard and no one is stopping the bureaucrats.

So much has changed in a short period of time.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

One group decided masks, vaccines, social distancing lockdowns, and sanitizer lol, dismissing dissenting opinions, having gmo grains delivered to their door to match their sedentary and non agrarian and indoor lifestyle. And make sure someone or something is to blame for every death, the other did something like this:

This group decided that drugs and grains are not the way to sustain life on earth. Instead they chose community. Raising their own food in a dynamic based human powered way that moves with and respects nature.
With two million years of evidence suggesting that illness could be defined as a deviation from nature. They don't control the food. They share it through cooperation and group effort. Everyone is outside. Everyone gets blood and dirt on their hands. Everyone appreciates the cycle of life and gets to thrive in abundance. Knowing it's short lived til they go back to the earth. No need for blame.
No animal confinement facilities. No gmo grain. No time spent manicuring lawns, instead, gardening with that time.

These aren't scenarios. It's what's happening.
Which do you think is a better way to go if our goal is overall wellness and global sustainability?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:52 am
boyyourself wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:48 am
I assume this is rhetoric/hyperbole? Do you agree that we live in an age where medical miracles have become almost routine, from wiping out polio to the astounding cure rates for many cancers compared to just a couple of decades ago? Or are you literally saying that none of that is true or that none of that is miraculous?

I think those are things that are awesome. So no. Not hyperbole. And maybe those were miracles. But I would not umbrella covid Vax under miracle. Just me. Just my opinion.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:15 pm
One group decided masks, vaccines, social distancing lockdowns, and sanitizer lol, dismissing dissenting opinions, having gmo grains delivered to their door to match their sedentary and non agrarian and indoor lifestyle. And make sure someone or something is to blame for every death, the other did something like this:

This group decided that drugs and grains are not the way to sustain life on earth. Instead they chose community. Raising their own food in a dynamic based human powered way that moves with and respects nature.
With two million years of evidence suggesting that illness could be defined as a deviation from nature. They don't control the food. They share it through cooperation and group effort. Everyone is outside. Everyone gets blood and dirt on their hands. Everyone appreciates the cycle of life and gets to thrive in abundance. Knowing it's short lived til they go back to the earth. No need for blame.
No animal confinement facilities. No gmo grain. No time spent manicuring lawns, instead, gardening with that time.

These aren't scenarios. It's what's happening.
Which do you think is a better way to go if our goal is overall wellness and global sustainability?
Well I grow a lot of my own food and I kill or catch and butcher a lot of the rest. This is how I prefer to live and I have never felt like I was missing out on “opportunities” by not living in some overcrowded urban center that allows far less personal freedom. I don’t much care what other people do. This is less a statement about anything broader and more just me going down a pig trail because your post brought this to mind.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:17 pm
But I would not umbrella covid Vax under miracle. Just me. Just my opinion.
Yeah I got that. I was just trying to figure out how far you intended to reach. Thanks for the clarification.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:12 pm
Well it seems like we are back to screaming at each other. Disappointing but I guess that’s what passes for normal now along with a lot of other things that aren’t good.
So you noticed that, huh? :( :(
Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:12 pm
Top of the list of changes are the thousands of voices silenced because they cited facts that did not agree with the official narrative. To date, very few of those silenced have been killed (although five national leaders who opposed requiring mRNA shots in their countries being assassinated, and an attempted assassination, should count as aggressively silenced).

The concept of total government control over medicine is now commonplace instead of something most people argued against.

It is now (mostly) accepted that the government can force businesses to close and people to stay home whenever they choose.

A semi-permanent state of emergency seems commonplace now.

Fewer people than ever trust government, but fewer voices in opposition are heard and no one is stopping the bureaucrats.

So much has changed in a short period of time.
I agree with so much of this. But it doesn't seem to matter very much. I wish I knew of a way out.