Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

boyyourself

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:30 am
COVID is communicable, obesity is not.
COVID is communicable, drug addiction is not.
COVID is communicable, riding a motorcycle w/out a helmet is not.
COVID is communicable, eating nutritionally dubious medically problematic fast food is not.
COVID is communicable, living in high stress urban areas and working at high stress jobs are not.
Drunk driving is at least as dangerous to others as it is to one's self; most of us don't do that anymore. Even the folks

who sell you the stuff will take away your keys or call you a cab if they think you're a danger to yourself and the community.

My health is on me. And if I think I’m high risk I’m staying at home. I’m not going out into society expecting society to take care of me. If I’m scared to get sneezed on then that means I have a super low immune system based on not treating my body kindly….. I for sure wouldn’t shake my fist at society and expect them to take care of me. And if you’re vaxxed then why do you care? And if you’re worried then why not just wear a mask? Their efficacy has been touted far and wide, and right here on this board.. And I hear it’s no big deal just wear a mask. It’s that simple right? Get vaxxed and mask up then you’re good.

But you’d rather keep shaking your fist at me. As if that’s helpful. I’m trying to address all cause mortalities and why some people are high risk and why some aren’t. Hell 80 percent of deaths have are people over the age of 65. This is not a one size fits all. But that’s what y’all think it is and that’s where we disagree.

And y’all keep saying it’s about lives. Maybe here on 3dd it is. Ok then why aren’t you mad at all the bs that’s been thrown around?
HCQ was used all over the world to alleviate Covid symptoms. So is ivomec. What kind of asaholes want yo not make available something that helps? Besides corporations of course. And agenda pushers.

And how bout kids and low income families? Don’t worry about those lockdowns or the consequences there of. When though kids are extremely low risk——-we had to lock them down just in case? No. We didn’t.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:22 am
boyyourself wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:59 pm
Flea wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:03 pm

If someone catches the disease and dies because of his/her obstinance in getting a vaccine for any reason other than medical issues, I truly no longer care.

Exactly………and that goes along with what I’ve said about being vaccinated. Doesn’t that mean you are protected? And if so then why would you care what someone else does?
I can look around everyday see examples of people being reckless with their health.
My sister’s friend buried her 35-year-old brother this week. Cancer didn’t kill him, but COVID did. People who didn’t get vaccinated were reckless with HIS health, and he died. Is that clear enough? We’ve answered this question a hundred fucking times.

No that’s not clear actually. Did the guy have cancer or not?
Why wasn’t he vaccinated?
I was reckless with some strangers health? I don’t think so. Maybe If I were going into nursing homes and sneezing on people but I don’t know anyone doing that.
No one is going in charge of my health. And I’m not scared at all to get Covid. At all. I’m low risk. And if you’re making strangers responsible for your health then I don’t know what to tell you because I don’t understand that line or thinking.

You keep trying to get me for some reason. Is that what you want? To get me?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Can someone explain why blacks and Latinos have a low vaccination rate?
Surely it’s not because history has taught them not to trust the government.
And are you shaking fists at them for not complying or just chalking it up to them being marginalized therefore they don’t get the same privelages? Both?

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:41 am
Just heard a story about someone who was unable to receive a vaccine due to being in chemotherapy for a treatable, stage 1 cancer. He died today of COVID. He was in his 30s.

I never met the guy, but I've met members of his immediate family. This is causing immeasurable pain to people I know.

This is why I care that everyone who can get vaccinated does so. This shit is real, and the consequences are life and death.
Okay, sure. Here ya go. From the same page of the same thread. I thought the connection would be pretty obvious.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:40 am
But you’d rather keep shaking your fist at me.
That's not me shaking my fist, that's me shaking my head.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:11 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Just heard a story about someone who was unable to receive a vaccine due to being in chemotherapy for a treatable, stage 1 cancer. He died today of COVID. He was in his 30s.

I never met the guy, but I've met members of his immediate family. This is causing immeasurable pain to people I know.

This is why I care that everyone who can get vaccinated does so. This shit is real, and the consequences are life and death.
Okay, sure. Here ya go. From the same page of the same thread. I thought the connection would be pretty obvious.

Dude you act like I don’t care about life which is just ridiculous.
But to me this is a cancer death. Similar to having aids, you don’t die from aids you from pneumonia or something else because the HIV virus weakened your immune system. Doesn’t cancer weaken your immune system?
And why couldn’t he get the vaccine? Just curious.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:40 am
boyyourself wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:40 am
But you’d rather keep shaking your fist at me.
That's not me shaking my fist, that's me shaking my head.

And what are you shaking your head at? That I’ve made points that are broader than just wear a mask and just get vaccinated it’s that simple?
Then it wouldn’t be a forum would it? It would just be you making your points and the choir agreeing. And I guess you’re also shaking your head at roughly half the country who also doesn’t agree with you? Let me know when that style of thinking bares fruit.

I’m not disagreeing with you that Covid is different than obesity. All I was ever doing was pointing out the fact that being obese makes you high risk. Does it not? And I’m frustrated that how to be low risk isn’t the narrative. And I don’t think everyone should’ve been treated the same with this pandemic——-kids are low risk——old people are high risk. Period. So they shouldn’t be treated the same. And I’m raising a child in this day in age and my goal is for her to be low risk. Wtf is wrong with that or bringing it up for discussion? I’m seeing water being sold with vitamin D and Zinc now. Classic. The grifters are killing it! I’ll pass and just stick with free water, sunshine, and zinc from grass fed bovine. Which if you ask the vegans I know they think I’m not compassionate because I kill animals to eat. So I’m used to being labeled as such. There’s murder in a vegan diet. Period. These people aren’t connected to the consequences of their decisions and will not seek the truth…..they obviously haven’t even studied basic permaculture or they would also realize how ecologically damaging a vegan diet is. But sure I’m non compassionate. No. I’m connected to my decisions and perpetually seeking truth. Truth hurts. Lies destroy. And If you care about lives then you’re pissed off at all the lies that were told about Covid this whole time from those that have access to the media megaphone.

Obviously you have every right to be disappointed in me. I just think you should realize I’m not even close to being the only one. I’m just the only one espousing these “views” on here.
I totally understand where you guys are coming from. And absolutely don’t expect you to understand where I’m coming from.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:57 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

But to me this is a cancer death. Similar to having aids, you don’t die from aids you from pneumonia or something else because the HIV virus weakened your immune system. Doesn’t cancer weaken your immune system?
His doctor advised not to get the vaccine while undergoing chemo. His family certainly considers this a COVID death. His cancer prognosis was good, with treatment.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:01 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

His doctor advised not to get the vaccine while undergoing chemo. His family certainly considers this a COVID death. His cancer prognosis was good, with treatment.

Sucky all the way around.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:05 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:01 pm
boyyourself wrote:

Sucky all the way around.
Yep. Just brutal.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:54 am
Can someone explain why blacks and Latinos have a low vaccination rate?
Surely it’s not because history has taught them not to trust the government.
And are you shaking fists at them for not complying or just chalking it up to them being marginalized therefore they don’t get the same privelages? Both?
that's a line that is being trotted out, and there is definitely sketchy history with the 1932 Tuskegee study but when i looked at the data, there wasn't a large difference between vaccination rates and race/ethnicity. that said, there was a lower rate for non-whites but it was pretty small, generally on the order of 2-5%. and that's still significant and it would be nice to bring it to zero, but it's not like mass avoidance of the covid vaccine by non-whites is happening.

do you have a different data set you're looking at? scroll down to Figure 2 and select races to see percentage by state:

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... ethnicity/

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Zip City wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:24 pm
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... s-n1272895

Get the fucking vaccine
You are in no danger if vaccinated. If not, you get to make your own decision.
The delta variant is more transmissible, but not more dangerous or deadly.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LBRod wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:02 pm
Zip City wrote:

Get the fucking vaccine
You’re missing the point just as badly as boyyourself

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Nope. You are either missing, or just ignoring my point.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LBRod wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:03 am
Then I guess I’m missing your point, as my being vaccinated doesn’t make me any less concerned that a variant is causing more outbreaks of the virus. I’m concerned about more than just myself.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Zip City wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:03 am
LBRod wrote:
Then I guess I’m missing your point, as my being vaccinated doesn’t make me any less concerned that a variant is causing more outbreaks of the virus. I’m concerned about more than just myself.
"Get the fucking vaccine" is not an expression of concern. It reads like an order.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LBRod wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:44 am
Zip City wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:03 am
LBRod wrote:
"Get the fucking vaccine" is not an expression of concern. It reads like an order.
It’s an expression of utter frustration

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

LBRod wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:02 pm
Zip City wrote:

Get the fucking vaccine
“ There is some indication that the Delta variant may also result in more severe disease. A study in Scotland, published in the Lancet, found the hospitalization rate of patients with that variant was about 85 percent higher than that of people with the Alpha variant. But because of the time lag between hospitalizations and deaths, there is not enough data to say whether or not Delta is more deadly than other variants.”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... n-the-u-s/

Many of my colleagues are in Uganda, which is being absolutely ravaged by this variant right now. Including many of my colleagues and their friends and families who are in their 20s and 30s.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

a look at the pandemic and mental health, now with actual data instead of feelings!

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... nk/619354/
However, real-time data from official government sources in 21 countries showed no detectable increase in instances of suicide from April to July 2020, relative to previous years; in fact, suicide rates actually declined slightly within some countries, including the U.S. For example, California expected to see 1,429 deaths by suicide during this period, based on data from prior years; instead, 1,280 occurred.

We were surprised by how well many people weathered the pandemic’s psychological challenges. In order to make sense of these patterns, we looked back to a classic psychology finding: People are more resilient than they themselves realize. We imagine that negative life events—losing a job or a romantic partner—will be devastating for months or years. When people actually experience these losses, however, their misery tends to fade far faster than they imagined it would.

The capacity to withstand difficult events also applies to traumas such as living through war or sustaining serious injury. These incidents can produce considerable anguish, and we don’t want to minimize the pain that so many suffer. But study after study demonstrates that a majority of survivors either bounce back quickly or never show a substantial decline in mental health.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Did somebody say “grass fed bovine”? 8-)

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Clams

Post by Clams »

bovine knievel wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:27 pm

You want to see a grass fed bovine, look in the mirror! :lol:
If you don't run you rust

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

bovine knievel wrote:

Classic. And reminds me that Most of my money goes towards beef and weed.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cases and hospitalizations on the rise, mask mandates returning, lockdowns imminent. Thanks unvaccinated people!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

From the weekly newsletter from the mayor of my city:

"Here’s what Newton resident Dr. Ashish K. Jha, Dean of Brown University’s School of Public Health and professor of Health Services, Policy and Practice wrote in yesterday’s Boston Globe, 'The evidence right now says if you live in a highly vaccinated community with low infection rates, fully vaccinated people can skip the mask if they are willing to tolerate a minuscule risk of a breakthrough infection. For people who live in low vaccination, high infection communities, the choice is different: Mask up indoors or be willing to accept a far more meaningful risk of getting the virus'.”

"Dr. Jha told The Atlantic that Newton is one of the safest places in the world with respect to the coronavirus because 95%+ of everyone who is 30 and older have gotten at least one dose. " <pats self on back>

"Two Newtonians, Robert Hecht and Shan Soe-Lin from Yale University, authored a guest column in the Boston Globe yesterday which included the admonition, 'Run, do not walk, to get your shot, if you haven’t been vaccinated already. Together we can blunt Delta and any of its cousin variants that might be out there waiting to burst on the scene'.”
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:38 pm
Cases and hospitalizations on the rise, mask mandates returning, lockdowns imminent. Thanks unvaccinated people!
LOL. You’re so passionate I’m guessing you’ve been handing out free Budweiser to try to entice people to vaxx? Or maybe you’re joining Biden’s door to door campaign? Jeez that doesn’t sound like a super spreader event at all. Or are you just shaking a fist and is that working to get your point across?

It’s funny though that’s the fear tactics they’ve been using this whole time and, what do you know, the people are out of margin for it and happy to be moving on with their lives.
Godspeed on all the impending mandates and lockdowns. Hope you aren’t too bored of looking at a screen full of affirmations about your beliefs from home while the rest of the world is gettn on with it. “Sittin in silence in a cold and lonely room while the world goes on around us” is meant to describe a dark lonely place but maybe not for you. Separate separate separate. The sky is falling the sky is falling. Wolf! Haven’t ya heard??? We have to get back inside while playing the blame game because that’s what’s good for the children.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I’m not sure what that word salad was supposed to mean but statistically, shits getting worse, and it’s not vaccinated people causing the problem. Sorry that hurts your feelings

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Clams wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:14 pm
bovine knievel wrote:

You want to see a grass fed bovine, look in the mirror! :lol:
:lol:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:49 pm
I’m not sure what that word salad was supposed to mean but statistically, shits getting worse, and it’s not vaccinated people causing the problem. Sorry that hurts your feelings

No need to apologize for an incorrect assumption.
Well my feelings were involved a little bit as I was laughing at your post. I picture you shaking a newspaper at children and literally telling them to get off you lawn. Followed by “and put a mask on!!!!…….goddamn kids”. And that cracks me up. That’s all.