Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:45 am
How about one on the difference beteeen dying from covid and dying with covid smart guy?
I'm still waiting for your explanation of how either (i) killing hospice patients is not murder or (ii) deaths with covid are materially different from deaths from covid.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:09 am
Hey tinnitus, just get back to following isbell and Alyssa Milano... they will help you self affirm and personify your viewpoints
hey boy, go fuck yourself.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:33 pm

That could prove difficult! Sex toy sales have skyrocketed during the Pandemic.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:38 am
boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:02 am
Zoloft, alcohol, opioids, anti depressants, AmaZon, and masks....all killing it.
This just make you so happy tinnitus
Are you just trolling now? You're making the same points over and picking fights. Not cool.

I get you...there are a bunch of business that are succeeding in the pandemic that you don't like. That says more about our society and country in general than it does about the actual pandemic itself.

There are businesses that you might support that are killing it too...puzzles, Legos, Chess, guitars, bicycles...all having record years. Maybe some of the health and environmental issues that you've raised are being positively impacted by the pandemic?? Yeast, seeds and workout equipment are in all short supply.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Not picking fights Unless you disagree? Then to you it's a perceived fight

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:
Hey tinnitus, just get back to following isbell and Alyssa Milano... they will help you self affirm and personify your viewpoints

Man your easy to strike a nerve. You're following Milano aren't you

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:20 pm
boyyourself wrote:
How about one on the difference beteeen dying from covid and dying with covid smart guy?
I'm still waiting for your explanation of how either (i) killing hospice patients is not murder or (ii) deaths with covid are materially different from deaths from covid.

Ok I'll try. I'll start by asking if anyone else is pissed that cuomo and others have lied about nursing home deaths. Or is it fine since it fits your narrative?

And there is a huge difference between dying of covid and dying with covid. They all get counted as covid deaths to suit the narrative. How is that helping?

People die, That's a fact. Have we lost sight of that?

If you try to kill yourself with booze and pills and end up in the hospital and die....but you have covid....that's a covid death. And lots of other pre existing underlying conditions kill people. With or without covid. It's called the cycle of life. Death is required. Why would we count them all as covid deaths? Maybe because hospitals and pharma are for profit.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:38 am
boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:02 am
Zoloft, alcohol, opioids, anti depressants, AmaZon, and masks....all killing it.
This just make you so happy tinnitus
Are you just trolling now? You're making the same points over and picking fights. Not cool.

I get you...there are a bunch of business that are succeeding in the pandemic that you don't like. That says more about our society and country in general than it does about the actual pandemic itself.

There are businesses that you might support that are killing it too...puzzles, Legos, Chess, guitars, bicycles...all having record years. Maybe some of the health and environmental issues that you've raised are being positively impacted by the pandemic?? Yeast, seeds and workout equipment are in all short supply.

I hear ya hundred percent Tons of good shit happening. Integrity farmers have been killing it. But not everyone has the resources or wherewithal to turn this situation positive. Namely, locked down kids who need to be in school. I wish everyone could pull there kid out like I did and get her on a path to independence I wish they could I hate public school. But for lots of kids it's their only outlet and they are fucked at home because of some bullshit.

I keep bringing this shit up because it's still happening. Not to pick a fight. Some of this shit pisses me off so I'm expressing it on here. That doesn't mean I'm picking fights.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Or is this the, you're only allowed to be pissed at Trump forum? Eh tinnitus? It's classic how the one who cries ignorance is the one showing his sensitive little red ass and has nothing to add but graphs and memes. Maybe you should stay over on the isbell twitter page.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

I guess I don't know what you mean by "killing hospice patients"

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:25 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

Ok I'll try. I'll start by asking if anyone else is pissed that cuomo and others have lied about nursing home deaths. Or is it fine since it fits your narrative?

And there is a huge difference between dying of covid and dying with covid. They all get counted as covid deaths to suit the narrative. How is that helping?

If you try to kill yourself with booze and pills and end up in the hospital and die....but you have covid....that's a covid death. And lots of other pre existing underlying conditions kill people. With or without covid. It's called the cycle of life. Death is required. Why would we count them all as covid deaths? Maybe because hospitals and pharma are for profit.
Ah! Okay...maybe it just took three weeks of you posting the same bullshit over and over for me to finally get it!

I totally get it now.

But, I think you are seeing the glass half empty. People aren't dying of opioids anymore! They are dying of Covid! Problem SOLVED! Who cares if we have an obesity epidemic? Covid will kill 'em off. Environmental issues...thank God for Covid, because we are reducing the population. Amazon is taking advantage of this overinflated health issue to deliver goods I directly requested to my house! Fuck them! No matter, they will never survive as a business if covid goes away. I really want to go see a good 'ol DBT Rock Show, but obesity, lack of hugs, alcohol, serotonin deficiencies, mask garbage, zoloft and processed foods are keeping the goddamn clubs closed. FUCK!!! I told the 40 Watt to go with organic non-alcoholic PBR back in 2018, they don't fucking listen...and look what it got them! All we need are some unvaccinated trolls to solve all of our problems, which are both created and solved by Covid, which probably doesn't exist because the guy who helped stem the AIDS epidemic got bored. It is all clear to me now, thank you for you well reasoned, well sourced, scientific arguments. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go throw a few stones off the side of our flat earth at George Soros, who is clearly eating all of the cheese off the moon. But, before I go, I'm going to pour one out for my 400,000 dead homies who perished from whatever isn't Covid, I mean, I feel bad for them, but look at their lifestyle....they had it coming.

I sure hope we find a cure for not-covid, so we can fix this damn covid problem.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

I'm pissed about Cuomo. I think I've said so here but it might have been elsewhere I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm not trying to fit a narrative I'm trying to find some truth and among other things Cuomo lied. I don't care what party he's in or what other arguably heroic actions he may have taken. This one stinks to high heaven and the chips should fall where they're supposed to, if any of us even know where that is anymore,

Not all hospitals are for profit. Not nearly. And in any case "the more money for covid deaths" canard has been completely and thoroughly debunked. If you want to make an argument that pharma benefits from deaths being classified as from covid you've got a lot of work to do, since they also benefit from deaths classified as heart disease, diabetes, cancer and every other fucking disease they make profitable drugs for. I have no idea how you figure this one. But really, for my purposes it doesn't matter, because...

You say that it matters whether deaths are from covid or with covid because people die. I find this "argument" somewhat less than compelling. And I will ask yet again, if I'm in a hospice dying of cancer and someone comes in and shoots and kills me, my death will undoubtedly be classified as death by homicide/death by bullet. If that is true, why is it any less true that any death "with covid" is a death "from covid?" I have been asking this question for months in a variety of forums and nobody has yet to even try to explain this to me, so you're not alone. But until someone does, I, for one, reject out of hand the argument that "deaths with covid" in any way overstate "deaths from covid." That being the case, you've got that much of a higher hill to climb when you try to make your potentially defensible claim that the risks of covid are overweighted when compared to the risks of the "cure" from covid. By undercounting deaths for no reason I can fathom, you understate the risks from covid which significantly undercuts your argument before you even get out of the gate.

tinnitus photography

boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:19 pm
boyyourself wrote:

go find some infections disease experts that align with your stance and present your work. blogging farmers don't count.

tinnitus photography

pearlbeer wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:59 pm
boyyourself wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Ah! Okay...maybe it just took three weeks of you posting the same bullshit over and over for me to finally get it!

I totally get it now.

But, I think you are seeing the glass half empty. People aren't dying of opioids anymore! They are dying of Covid! Problem SOLVED! Who cares if we have an obesity epidemic? Covid will kill 'em off. Environmental issues...thank God for Covid, because we are reducing the population. Amazon is taking advantage of this overinflated health issue to deliver goods I directly requested to my house! Fuck them! No matter, they will never survive as a business if covid goes away. I really want to go see a good 'ol DBT Rock Show, but obesity, lack of hugs, alcohol, serotonin deficiencies, mask garbage, zoloft and processed foods are keeping the goddamn clubs closed. FUCK!!! I told the 40 Watt to go with organic non-alcoholic PBR back in 2018, they don't fucking listen...and look what it got them! All we need are some unvaccinated trolls to solve all of our problems, which are both created and solved by Covid, which probably doesn't exist because the guy who helped stem the AIDS epidemic got bored. It is all clear to me now, thank you for you well reasoned, well sourced, scientific arguments. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go throw a few stones off the side of our flat earth at George Soros, who is clearly eating all of the cheese off the moon. But, before I go, I'm going to pour one out for my 400,000 dead homies who perished from whatever isn't Covid, I mean, I feel bad for them, but look at their lifestyle....they had it coming.

I sure hope we find a cure for not-covid, so we can fix this damn covid problem.
:lol:

well done.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
boyyourself wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

I totally get it now.

400,000? Now that's some bullshit But you keep spreading it pearl You seem fine with it

Otherwise I good you can find some truth in your sarcasm because you're kind of nailing it. That's what comedy is good for.....truth

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:15 pm
pearlbeer wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

I totally get it now.

:lol:

well done.

Made tinnitus happy That's all I really wanted

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:14 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:19 pm

go find some infections disease experts that align with your stance and present your work. blogging farmers don't count.
Find me a disease expert that hasn't been waffling and rolling with the tide for the last year......I'll be waiting

Oh I should mention I'm a convenient hot topic of the day science denier

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
boyyourself wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

I totally get it now.

I saw you bitch and moan about Trump for four plus years Not once have I seen it be productive

That perspectives that don't match yours are bullshit is quite unfortunate but quite normal these days. I'm glad you trust yourself and everything you believe. Good for you. Maybe, as you mentioned in another post that I don't say things well enough for you? So sorry man I'm not polished....thank god.
Maybe go listen to an Obama speach if you want someone that talks good and is super calculated. Maybe you get fooled easily and don't like to admit it.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Getting pissed at my bullshit but not being pissed at lying ass politicians?......huh?
Alrighty

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XGXRvDT2k8I

As original as tinnitus
I'll take the farmers blog

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I'm sure Cuomo was the only one lying about nursing home deaths. Yeah right. But y'all keep floating that 400,000 around? Oh ok. So lying is ok? Was Cuomo the only lying about this shit? No

And now schools are delaying opening because of teachers?
Hey Pearl, what's wrong with criticizing lifestyle? That offends you?
25 percent of teachers are high risk so they don't want to do their jobs.
Lifestyle choices enabled these co morbitities and now kids stay locked down as a result? You won't criticize lying politicians or admit the truth about why people are high risk?

Truth hurts Lies destroy

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

My daughter keeps eating ice cream and pasta and is sick all the time. But I don't want to mention it to her because I don't want to offend he, so I Just make sure she's wearing a mask and getting vaccinated. Problem solved.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

why did they stop calling it Sugar Diabetes and start calling it Type 2?
Surely not to take the ownice away from the individual so as to sell them drugs??? Another crazy conspiracy from your boy Highly offensive Too I'm sure. See folks, Lifestyle talk is apparently un pc and offensive.
So let's not even wonder about how lifestyle and personal agency affects the health of the individual and the community at large. Let's just keep rolling out bs numbers and closing schools and live music to protect the high risk. And chop the heads off of those that resist our opinions. Resistance sure turned to conpiance real quick. Comply! Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:17 pm
Maybe, as you mentioned in another post that I don't say things well enough for you? So sorry man I'm not polished....thank god.
I don't recall ever criticizing your writing or speech, or making a personal attack of any kind. If I did write anything that made you feel that way, I am truly sorry, as that was never my intention...at all.

That said, I'm going to tap out on this conversation for a while. I'm not finding it very productive, and don't want the conversation to get any darker. Be well, Stay safe!

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:44 am
boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:17 pm
Maybe, as you mentioned in another post that I don't say things well enough for you? So sorry man I'm not polished....thank god.
I don't recall ever criticizing your writing or speech, or making a personal attack of any kind. If I did write anything that made you feel that way, I am truly sorry, as that was never my intention...at all.

That said, I'm going to tap out on this conversation for a while. I'm not finding it very productive, and don't want the conversation to get any darker. Be well, Stay safe!

That's a fair and appreciated. Shit I almost said fair and balanced I don't watch Fox News fuckers

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself: But what about your liberal icon Cuomo?
beantownbuba: Cuomo's a liar and should be treated as such. The good things he's done do not excuse the bad.
boyyourself: Oh yeah? You think Cuomo's the only one?

Where i come from we call that moving the goalposts. If it were an isolated example it wouldn't deserve mention. But it's not.

I remember first hearing the term "Type 2 Diabetes" as an adult and wondering where it suddenly came from and why. OTOH, to the best of my recollection, I have never heard the term "Sugar Diabetes."

I am plenty pissed at lying politicians and I'm pissed at your bullshit. They're not mutually exclusive. If I were you I'd be pretty damn uncomfortable with the similarities.

Find you a disease expert that hasn't been waffling and rolling with the tide for the last year? I prefer scientists who respond to changing data and apply the scientific method to problems. <shrug> You say potato, I say potahto. Please explain how on March 15, 2020, or April 1, 2020, or July 1, 2020 experts tasked with the responsibility for devising best practices in response to the brand new covid pandemic should have known exactly what to do and why they should have been 100 percent right the first time. Oh, and in the meantime let's ignore the rather central fact that the virus has performed EXACTLY as predicted from the beginning when it comes to numbers of cases and deaths, the "wave pattern" of infections and more. As between you and Dr. Fauci, I'll take Dr. Fauci every single time.

Truth hurts. Lies destroy. You sure nailed that one but I'm not sure it means what you think it means.
boyyourself wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:09 am
My daughter keeps eating ice cream and pasta and is sick all the time. But I don't want to mention it to her because I don't want to offend he, so I Just make sure she's wearing a mask and getting vaccinated. Problem solved.
For everyone like that I'll show you some idiot woman in FL who deliberately exposes her immunocompromised daughter to COVID because it's all bullshit and she's young so she won't get sick anyway. Ooops. She died. Or maybe I'll show you some lying sack of shit covid denying politician pleading from his death/sick bed to please take this disease seriously because ooops he was wrong all along.
boyyourself wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:21 am
And chop the heads off of those that resist our opinions.
Stop with the fucking whining already. I am sick and tired of hearing about cancel culture, about censorship, about your views not being able to be heard, about sheeple, about compliant zombies. I know it's a shock, but people can listen to you and still disagree with you. That doesn't mean you're canceled. That doesn't mean you can't keep spouting whatever you like as often as you like. Nobody here has ever stopped you from saying whatever you want, no matter how far from the truth you sometimes stray, no matter how illogical your alleged proofs sometimes get, no matter how often you ignore facts and arguments that are inconvenient for you.

tinnitus photography

i am done w/ the boy but just wanted to point out the delicious irony of him accusing others of just listening to viewpoints that align with theirs.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

You act like I'm trying to kill grandma beantown. And you accusing me of lying on purpose like cuomo? And did I say anything about a liberal darling? No You did, and those are battle lines that I'm not drawing. And I didn't tell anyone to go fuck themselves or say I was sick of their bullshit. It's a discussion forum full of alleged grown ups.

I'll say it again, We as a society have led the kind of lifestyle that has led to this pandemic. There are those that are high risk and those that aren't, and it's usually not coincidence.. Period. I prefer to examine why and how we got here. Maybe that's how we don't let this happen again. And I like to focus on who is low risk and try to copy that and raise my child accordingly. Not live in fear. And if you're scared or high risk, stay home. Why burden all of society?
If i were high risk I'd like to think I wouldn't be so entitled as to ask everyone else, namely children, to shut down their lives Especially for something with such a high survival rate.

I know business that decided to not mandate masks. It's a mandate Not a law.
I applaud the resistance. And call it what you want-----I think it's fascinating that the resistance crowd turned into the compliance crowd.
I don't give a shit how I come across, Ive respected animals, the land, and children my whole life. Weak things break. People die. It's part of the life cycle. What did we think would happen by moving to cities and stacking on top of each other, staying inside and avoiding the sun, not being active and eating processed carbohydrates like its candy? For the better part of a hundred years.......this is what happens Masks and vaccines are only masking the real problems Coupled with lying about who is actually dying and why.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:45 pm
i am done w/ the boy but just wanted to point out the delicious irony of him accusing others of just listening to viewpoints that align with theirs.

You're the one that told me to go fuck myself. How mature.
That's why I said that. Now you're done? Oh ok. Bye

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:06 pm
did I say anything about a liberal darling? No You did, and those are battle lines that I'm not drawing.
Here's exactly what you said:
boyyourself wrote:
I'll start by asking if anyone else is pissed that cuomo and others have lied about nursing home deaths. Or is it fine since it fits your narrative?
If you want to claim that my paraphrase of that into "liberal darling Cuomo" is inaccurate, you go right ahead. And if you want to explain how what you wrote is NOT drawing those battle lines I'd love to hear it. Disingenuousness doesn't really suit you.