Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:14 am
Some of your questions make me realize the way I worded a couple things made then not come across as I might've meant them.
But I think it's fair to question the shit out of an upper level government official. And I think tribalism is part of the reason Biden kept fauci around. We all good as long as we are both against trump mentality. I don't like that.
And I think that's why Biden kept delaying talking about "his plan" until after the election. And now you see Fauci changing his mind so as to seem aligned with the cdc. Who has also been shifty as hell. They all need to seem aligned, so they groupthink, together.

I can imagine fauci not having a financial stake in pharma, barely.
At any rate, Zoloft and other anti depressant usage is off the chart right now.
But just wait til kids these days who are growing up isolated and social distanced and unable to even express themselves to their peers with facial exiressions. Mass depression Nice. What does the research say on that regarding the wellness of the population? Mental wellness is wellness, the alternative is a compromised immune system. And what's the carbon footprint and cost to the planet when everyone is on drugs? Or does the Green New deal state that pharmaceuticals will now be created out of ferry dust so we're good?

There's a mountain of evidence on how to not be high risk. Millions and millions of people aren't. Why? We can easily freighten an entire population into staying home and taking a vaccine and clicking on amazon. So why not a massive push from our government and the media to scare people into getting healthy?
And is it about not stressing our healthcare system?
300,000 people died of in 2019 in this country of the preventable death of obesity. That number alone sounds like a pandemic, if not one waiting to happen, and it did. And healthy people didn't get wiped out. At all.
But putting accountability on the individual isn't profitable for anyone exept perhaps integrity food farmers. Who btw have been crushing it during the pandemic.

Get plenty of sun. And or supplement the shit out of vitamin D. Which is a hormone, not a vitamin. Hormones should be balanced, otherwise you aren't well. Seratonin is also a hormone. You need hugs to stabilize seratonin. Not social distancing.
Zinc levels should be high in your body. You can supplement but you also get it from eating grazing animals, which happen to be good for soil. Not eating grain and sugar which is bad for the soil and therefore the planet.
Plus high glycemic foods are insulin spiking. Perpetual insulin spiking leads to inflammation. Perpetual inflammation is what causes a weakened immune system.
Why isn't this shit all over the news? Maybe because it's not as profitable as vaccines, booze, Amazon, McDonald's, fear, and Zoloft. If I had a billion dollars I too would own a newspaper and I'd get fancy journos to carry my propaganda so I could make another billion. It just makes cents.
As I've said before in different ways, I think your message of the need to adopt a more holistic approach to public health and public policy including preventive and proactive health care and a better understanding of and response to the environmental impact of various proposals/approaches incorporating better public education across the range of your concerns is an important and underrepresented one. I urge you to think about ways you might influence and impact public policy in your areas of concern.

You' seem to base your conclusion that obesity is a pandemic on the number of deaths, which for a while was comparable to the number of deaths from covid. But that's not what a pandemic is. Leaving aside the technicalities of epidemic v. pandemic, obesity is not infectious, which is a crucial distinction. Saying that healthy people aren't being wiped out by obesity is pretty meaningless and imho detracts from your potentially important message.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:57 pm
The question for I always ask is, who's science are we taking about? The center for disease control? Anyone kept up with how they've shitfted Information in the last year?
And how are they doing at controlling disease?
What's the point of blasting the CDC? I think most people would agree that the CDC is a shadow of its former self, its credibility and efficacy destroyed by politics and a host of non-scientific, non-medical factors. What has happened to the CDC is a tragedy to the detriment of the entire country and without exaggeration, the world.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
The question for I always ask is, who's science are we taking about?
That isn't a valid question. That is the beauty of science!

It can be blinding sometimes. Thomas Dolby told me that.

Facts work the same way. They don't take sides. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life. Tootie told me that.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

pearlbeer wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:28 pm

Facts work the same way. They don't take sides. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life. Tootie told me that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

Couldn't possibly disagree more

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:18 pm
boyyourself wrote:
The question for I always ask is, who's science are we taking about? The center for disease control? Anyone kept up with how they've shitfted Information in the last year?
And how are they doing at controlling disease?
What's the point of blasting the CDC? I think most people would agree that the CDC is a shadow of its former self, its credibility and efficacy destroyed by politics and a host of non-scientific, non-medical factors. What has happened to the CDC is a tragedy to the detriment of the entire country and without exaggeration, the world.
Word Well hey it's fun to swing at low hanging fruit sometimes. Trump anyone?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:11 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:14 am
Some of your questions make me realize the way I worded a couple things made then not come across as I might've meant them.
But I think it's fair to question the shit out of an upper level government official. And I think tribalism is part of the reason Biden kept fauci around. We all good as long as we are both against trump mentality. I don't like that.
And I think that's why Biden kept delaying talking about "his plan" until after the election. And now you see Fauci changing his mind so as to seem aligned with the cdc. Who has also been shifty as hell. They all need to seem aligned, so they groupthink, together.

I can imagine fauci not having a financial stake in pharma, barely.
At any rate, Zoloft and other anti depressant usage is off the chart right now.
But just wait til kids these days who are growing up isolated and social distanced and unable to even express themselves to their peers with facial exiressions. Mass depression Nice. What does the research say on that regarding the wellness of the population? Mental wellness is wellness, the alternative is a compromised immune system. And what's the carbon footprint and cost to the planet when everyone is on drugs? Or does the Green New deal state that pharmaceuticals will now be created out of ferry dust so we're good?

There's a mountain of evidence on how to not be high risk. Millions and millions of people aren't. Why? We can easily freighten an entire population into staying home and taking a vaccine and clicking on amazon. So why not a massive push from our government and the media to scare people into getting healthy?
And is it about not stressing our healthcare system?
300,000 people died of in 2019 in this country of the preventable death of obesity. That number alone sounds like a pandemic, if not one waiting to happen, and it did. And healthy people didn't get wiped out. At all.
But putting accountability on the individual isn't profitable for anyone exept perhaps integrity food farmers. Who btw have been crushing it during the pandemic.

Get plenty of sun. And or supplement the shit out of vitamin D. Which is a hormone, not a vitamin. Hormones should be balanced, otherwise you aren't well. Seratonin is also a hormone. You need hugs to stabilize seratonin. Not social distancing.
Zinc levels should be high in your body. You can supplement but you also get it from eating grazing animals, which happen to be good for soil. Not eating grain and sugar which is bad for the soil and therefore the planet.
Plus high glycemic foods are insulin spiking. Perpetual insulin spiking leads to inflammation. Perpetual inflammation is what causes a weakened immune system.
Why isn't this shit all over the news? Maybe because it's not as profitable as vaccines, booze, Amazon, McDonald's, fear, and Zoloft. If I had a billion dollars I too would own a newspaper and I'd get fancy journos to carry my propaganda so I could make another billion. It just makes cents.
As I've said before in different ways, I think your message of the need to adopt a more holistic approach to public health and public policy including preventive and proactive health care and a better understanding of and response to the environmental impact of various proposals/approaches incorporating better public education across the range of your concerns is an important and underrepresented one. I urge you to think about ways you might influence and impact public policy in your areas of concern.

You' seem to base your conclusion that obesity is a pandemic on the number of deaths, which for a while was comparable to the number of deaths from covid. But that's not what a pandemic is. Leaving aside the technicalities of epidemic v. pandemic, obesity is not infectious, which is a crucial distinction. Saying that healthy people aren't being wiped out by obesity is pretty meaningless and imho detracts from your potentially important message.
Are healthy people being wiped out? No Then what's wrong with saying it?

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:30 pm
pearlbeer wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

Couldn't possibly disagree more
And there’s the root of the problem.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:30 pm
pearlbeer wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

How bout the original food pyramid? Was that good science? Grains and other carbs at the base of the pyramid. It not so coincidentally came out at the same time as the "low fat" science. This was all bought and paid for by the sugar industry. And what were the ramifications of this science regarding general wellness of the population some 75 years later? Well before all that obesity levels were at 10 percent. Now? 30? That's pretty contagious if you ask me.
And who got hit the hardest by covid? Not lean people.
This "science" came from the FDA, who people listen to (for some reason) regarding their health. The same fda that approves Mountain Dew but considers raw milk poisonous.

Now if I were to criticize that science I'd say it was bad science. Which it was. If it were ever even science.
Then, I'd ask, who's science is it? Oh The sugar industry's science. Therefore, not good science, and I'm debunking and denying it.

Similarly, please show me a long term study regarding the effects of cholesterol
As it relates to heart disease done by anyone other than Lipitor.
And how much have they made again?
So if you shows me cholesterol science I'd ask whose science it is. Lipitor science? That's bad science.

The Washington Post wants you to stay home. Because, science. Oh wait who owns that paper? Oh yeah, Jeff bezos.

Then again it's way easier to follow money thsn it is science

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:52 pm

How bout the original food pyramid? Was that good science? Grains and other carbs at the base of the pyramid. It not so coincidentally came out at the same time as the "low fat" science. This was all bought and paid for by the sugar industry. And what were the ramifications of this science regarding general wellness of the population some 75 years later? Well before all that obesity levels were at 10 percent. Now? 30? That's pretty contagious if you ask me.
This "science" came from the FDA, who people listen to (for some reason) regarding their health. The same fda that approves Mountain Dew but considers raw milk poisonous.

Now if I were to criticize that science I'd say it was bad science. Which it was. If it were ever even science.
Then, I'd ask, who's science is it? Oh The sugar industry's science. Therefore, not good science, and I'm debunking and denying it.

Similarly, please show me a long term study regarding the effects of cholesterol
So if you shows me cholesterol science I'd ask whose science it is. Lipitor science? That's bad science.

The Washington Post wants you to stay home. Because, science. Oh wait who owns that paper? Oh yeah, Jeff bezos.

I'm glad you are a proponent of peer review...it's one of the cornerstones of science and how our understanding continues to evolve.

I'm not in total disagreement with most of your points, actually. I just think you need to expand your vocabulary. Much of what you are referring to isn't "science", it is "bullshit".

What about the "science" about vaccines causing Autism? Turns out...no science there, only bullshit. Easily proven by science, but vehemently argued by bullshit artists.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:32 pm

Well hey it's fun to swing at low hanging fruit sometimes. Trump anyone?
True.
boyyourself wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:33 pm
Shaking my head.
boyyourself wrote:
You may be right. I choose not to believe that the editorial policy of the Washington Post is set in order to directly increase Amazon sales. If I did believe that, I'd probably move somewhere out west where the population is less than 5 people per square mile and where I could learn to be self sufficient and live in harmony w/ the environment.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Patterson Hood wrote:
We trust science just as long as it tells us what we want to hear
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Folks, pertinent to the conversation, I just got back from having dinner with my daughter......we were discussing how Cooley refuses to write in cliche, a nice setting already. Then she asked me what's the most cliche song Patterson had even written, I said World of Hurt, my dad used that expression, that's why I said that, and it's what I thought of immediately.

Then she proceeds to tell me that Patterson Hood is Likely responsible for Covid.
Already fascinated I said oh yeah? And why is that? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for this answer........
She relied....."Because Armegeddons Back in Town came out right before Covid hit"
Now that's some science I can get behind

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:13 pm
boyyourself wrote:

I'm glad you are a proponent of peer review...it's one of the cornerstones of science and how our understanding continues to evolve.

I'm not in total disagreement with most of your points, actually. I just think you need to expand your vocabulary. Much of what you are referring to isn't "science", it is "bullshit".

What about the "science" about vaccines causing Autism? Turns out...no science there, only bullshit. Easily proven by science, but vehemently argued by bullshit artists.
👍

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:23 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:32 pm

Well hey it's fun to swing at low hanging fruit sometimes. Trump anyone?
True.
boyyourself wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:33 pm
Shaking my head.
boyyourself wrote:
You may be right. I choose not to believe that the editorial policy of the Washington Post is set in order to directly increase Amazon sales. If I did believe that, I'd probably move somewhere out west where the population is less than 5 people per square mile and where I could learn to be self sufficient and live in harmony w/ the environment.

Are you using the sandwich technique on me bro?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

If I were to put my health and wellness in the hands of a doctor, it would be Weston A Price. Not fauci

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

This from Norm Macdonald so I can't take credit.......studies have shown that nicotine helps prevent Alzheimer's so we should all start smoking, just in case.
Just in case science.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://oceansasia.org/covid-19-facemasks/

I thought it was republicans that didn't care about mental health and the environment. I guess that's been flipped on it's head.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:07 am
This from Norm Macdonald so I can't take credit.......studies have shown that nicotine helps prevent Alzheimer's so we should all start smoking, just in case.
Just in case science.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilyprice ... e2ad9d8854

I've been testing this hypothesis. So far...no Covid! 8-)

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Watch the airplane Watch the airplane Watch the airplane

Ohhhh!!!! Contact tracing through big pharma slipped up our asses in a submarine.

My cousin has had an auto service shop in Scottsdale forever. They kill it. They have every old fuck in Phoenix on the schedule for a service wether they need it or not. They call and remind them.
This is what the business model for Pfizer and maderna with their marketing. Brilliant. Get everyone on the schedule!!

And I keep hearing about vaccines and masks in the media.
Still nothing regarding how to not be high risk. It's been scrubbed. Probably for your safety.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Just in case science.
Getting your scientific advice from a standup comedian....what could possibly go wrong?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Zip City wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:24 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Just in case science.
Getting your scientific advice from a standup comedian....what could possibly go wrong?
Not to mention there are ways to ingest nicotine other than smoking.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

boyyourself wrote:
Just in case science.
i get the feeling that Norm and possibly yourself don't understand the difference between causation and correlation?

there are a lot of fun ones here:
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

btw, you don't have to like/trust/follow Fauci. but do you dismiss out of hand the vast majority of other infectious disease experts? i mean, have a look and do some research.

https://twitter.com/janinemccready

https://twitter.com/jpowi

https://twitter.com/ASPphysician

you've trotted out that Sweden had the right strategy, masks do nothing to stop the spread of the disease, and hydroxychloroquine is effective at treating covid.

all three have been demonstrably proven to be false, so no matter how much you read i get the feeling you're not budging from your ignorant viewpoints.

Flea

Post by Flea »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:17 am

Immune over here!
Now it's dark.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Flea wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:58 pm
pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:17 am

Immune over here!
What we got going on up in here!? Pass that over here 💨
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:57 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Just in case science.
i get the feeling that Norm and possibly yourself don't understand the difference between causation and correlation?

there are a lot of fun ones here:
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

btw, you don't have to like/trust/follow Fauci. but do you dismiss out of hand the vast majority of other infectious disease experts? i mean, have a look and do some research.

https://twitter.com/janinemccready

https://twitter.com/jpowi

https://twitter.com/ASPphysician

you've trotted out that Sweden had the right strategy, masks do nothing to stop the spread of the disease, and hydroxychloroquine is effective at treating covid.

all three have been demonstrably proven to be false, so no matter how much you read i get the feeling you're not budging from your ignorant viewpoints.
It was a joke. And I do understand the difference. I think you're a sheep that can't alternate view points so you play the ignorant card. That makes you seem stupid. And I've seen or heard nothing original from you. Way to post a few graphs though. How about one on the difference beteeen dying from covid and dying with covid smart guy?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

You can't understand view points which may differ from how your phone tells you to think. Sad really.

How's this for science? Teachers unions are pushing back against school re openings. Why? Probably because at least 25 percent of them are high risk with co morbities. So kids are suffering mentally and physically from lockdowns and social distancing, and it's teachers holding them back from their one outlet....school. I thought obesity wasn't a pandemic like covid because you aren't affecting others. Are you not?
Let's keep kids from getting on with their lives because teachers refuse to take care of themselves?
I hear Frosted Flakes can't With demand. That means people are getting even fatter and even weaker. Nice It's a pandemic alright

Can you track with this post tinnitus? Does this post make you want to post a graph or a Trump meme? Do you need Bubba to come in here with some facts to soothe your tiny little brain?
Maybe you need some Frosted Flakes and a vaccine and a mask or two, I'm not sure where fauci stands right this second but I'm sure you're willing to jump at his call. Or a muzzle maybe Yeah a muzzle would be good for you

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zoloft, alcohol, opioids, anti depressants, AmaZon, and masks....all killing it.
This just make you so happy tinnitus

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Hey tinnitus, just get back to following isbell and Alyssa Milano... they will help you self affirm and personify your viewpoints

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:02 am
Zoloft, alcohol, opioids, anti depressants, AmaZon, and masks....all killing it.
This just make you so happy tinnitus
Are you just trolling now? You're making the same points over and picking fights. Not cool.

I get you...there are a bunch of business that are succeeding in the pandemic that you don't like. That says more about our society and country in general than it does about the actual pandemic itself.

There are businesses that you might support that are killing it too...puzzles, Legos, Chess, guitars, bicycles...all having record years. Maybe some of the health and environmental issues that you've raised are being positively impacted by the pandemic?? Yeast, seeds and workout equipment are in all short supply.