Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Zip City »

pearlbeer wrote:
Zip City wrote:Ohio is shutting down K-12 schools for the next 3 weeks
OMG.

I mean...I love my family...don't get me wrong. But if I have to be quarantined for 30 days, isolated with only my wife and kids, Covid19 or not, it aint gonna be pretty.
BRB, going to lick some door knobs
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Love each other, Motherfuckers!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

March Madness just got cancelled

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

In Austin:

SXSW Cancelled
Luck Reunion Cancelled
DBT 2 night run Cancelled
Rolling Stones will likely cancel
Sturgill Simpson will likely cancel

All fun has been canceled.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Clams

Post by Clams »

I live in Montgomery County, PA where there are currently about 20 corona cases, a couple of which are in my township. Yesterday the PA governor ordered a shut down of all schools, gyms and public facilities in the county for at least the next 2 weeks. It's an eery kind of quiet. There's little traffic and few people are out and about. Supermarkets have long lines and empty shelves. The unraveling is happening.
If you don't run you rust

Clams

Post by Clams »

pearlbeer wrote:In Austin:

SXSW Cancelled
Luck Reunion Cancelled
DBT 2 night run Cancelled
Rolling Stones will likely cancel
Sturgill Simpson will likely cancel

All fun has been canceled.
Time to go fishing, brother!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

The Masters & Record Store Day have now been postponed. About all that is left is NASCAR (with no crowd) & Wrestlemania (Florida this year). Hmmmmm. Beer & BBQ cure? I'm pretty sure Wrestlemania won't happen by the time it gets here & would be surprised if NASCAR continues with their plan. Time to catch up on books & all those concert tapes stockpiled. Always up for irritating my obnoxious upstairs neighbors. Am hoping I can chase them to rural Oregon for the duration. It's like living below mentally deficient manatee sized gerbils.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

The cynicism among people surrounding this thing is almost more than I can take. All week I've heard people talk about how the media is to blame for all of this.The media is the enemy ! Then they quote a bunch of Cornonavirus stats to defend their argument.......stats that they heard on the news.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

NASCAR postponed. Your move, Mr McMahon! Don't think you can give this a stone cold stunner.

Clams

Post by Clams »

All Pennsylvania liquor stores have been ordered to close on Tuesday. :shock:

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:All Pennsylvania liquor stores have been ordered to close on Tuesday. :shock:
no sports, no booze, no sex outside of marriage. we actually have already died & are in purgatory. i hear mexico is thinking about banning visitors from US. the irony on that one is delicious!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

chuckrh wrote:
Clams wrote:All Pennsylvania liquor stores have been ordered to close on Tuesday. :shock:
no sports, no booze, no sex outside of marriage. we actually have already died & are in purgatory. i hear mexico is thinking about banning visitors from US. the irony on that one is delicious!
Woah woah woah woah woah.......NO sex outside of marriage?

Clams

Post by Clams »

Correction: I believe it's just liquor stores in the 4 counties in southeastern PA not the whole state. But still.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Correction: I believe it's just liquor stores in the 4 counties in southeastern PA not the whole state. But still.
Clams, I smell a business opportunity for you. Clams' Booze & Toilet Paper Shack has a nice ring to it. Don't mean to be frivolous, the drugs are kicking in like a big dong dog!

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

chuckrh wrote: Clams' Booze & Toilet Paper Shack
Where do I order my shirt?
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

LBRod wrote:
chuckrh wrote: Clams' Booze & Toilet Paper Shack
Where do I order my shirt?

see...... sober now after a nice pass out. sometimes unconscious is best.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:
chuckrh wrote:
I think chuck may have meant that the prohibitions/restrictions on public gatherings and the encouragement of social distancing will tend to support existing monogamous relationships and discourage or limit the opportunities for casual hookups and multiple partners, which is probably true. If he meant something else I'm as curious as you to learn more.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Zip City wrote:
chuckrh wrote:[

I think chuck may have meant that the prohibitions/restrictions on public gatherings and the encouragement of social distancing will tend to support existing monogamous relationships and discourage or limit the opportunities for casual hookups and multiple partners, which is probably true. If he meant something else I'm as curious as you to learn more.
my warped sense of humour combined with narcotics combined with stir crazy

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

beantownbubba wrote:
Zip City wrote:
chuckrh wrote:no sports, no booze, no sex outside of marriage. we actually have already died & are in purgatory. i hear mexico is thinking about banning visitors from US. the irony on that one is delicious!
I think chuck may have meant that the prohibitions/restrictions on public gatherings and the encouragement of social distancing will tend to support existing monogamous relationships and discourage or limit the opportunities for casual hookups and multiple partners, which is probably true.
Give DeFoe's A Journal of the Plague Year a quick read to disabuse yourself of that notion.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

chuckrh wrote:no sports, no booze, no sex outside of marriage. we actually have already died & are in purgatory. i hear mexico is thinking about banning visitors from US. the irony on that one is delicious!
Quote of the year.

Y’all stay safe. In Virginia liquor stores were state run; very different in Tennessee where they are not.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

So many of you know that I work for a school system, my wife works from home, and we have two elementary aged kids. Schools here are closed for at least two weeks, so the kids and I will be home while my wife attempts to work. This may not be pretty!

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

HOAX!!!
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Here's a very good piece written by James McMurtry regarding the ethics of touring during the crisis. There are some other observations too. Beaverdam, hope it goes well with the "vacation". You're lucky you are not here in Seattle. The governor closed all the schools in the state for 6 weeks!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... mp-967512/

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdam wrote:So many of you know that I work for a school system, my wife works from home, and we have two elementary aged kids. Schools here are closed for at least two weeks, so the kids and I will be home while my wife attempts to work. This may not be pretty!
"may"? Good luck to all y'all.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Ohio bars and restaurants ordered to close at 9pm tonight.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

One of the worst things I saw all weekend were all the videos coming out of downtown Nashville of the packed bars, almost as if it were just another weekend here, with thousands of bachelorettes, tourists, and dudebros elbow to elbow wherever you looked. The mayor asked all bars to close for the time being, and of course the millionaire asshole who owns a good portion of them has refused. Not even a global pandemic can take the dollar signs out of some of these dickheads’ eyes...
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:One of the worst things I saw all weekend were all the videos coming out of downtown Nashville of the packed bars, almost as if it were just another weekend here, with thousands of bachelorettes, tourists, and dudebros elbow to elbow wherever you looked. The mayor asked all bars to close for the time being, and of course the millionaire asshole who owns a good portion of them has refused. Not even a global pandemic can take the dollar signs out of some of these dickheads’ eyes...
Trump and FOX News assured them all that this will blow over in a week

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

some reports from ground zero in the USA. probably too little too late but needs to be done. i'm hoping to be set up for a test when i see doctor on tuesday. feeling pretty crappy. 50/50 that its the virus vs chemo side effects. i tried to get 1 2 weeks ago but because i didn't have all of the symptoms (just some) couldn't do it due to the lack of kits. hoping that has changed because i want to know. won't really change my behavior as i am already isolating myself but obviously concerned with the underlying stuff. the below or similar is probably coming soon to other cities in US if it hasn't already. be well & safe out there.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... atherings/

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/b ... roduction/

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... condition/

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... but-eerie/

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

chuckrh wrote:some reports from ground zero in the USA.
Josh Marshall at Talking Points Memo is publishing a lot of reader email, quite a bit of it from doctors. They've gone to a freemium model, but all their COVID-19 stuff is outside the paywall.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:some reports from ground zero in the USA. probably too little too late but needs to be done. i'm hoping to be set up for a test when i see doctor on tuesday. feeling pretty crappy. 50/50 that its the virus vs chemo side effects. i tried to get 1 2 weeks ago but because i didn't have all of the symptoms (just some) couldn't do it due to the lack of kits. hoping that has changed because i want to know. won't really change my behavior as i am already isolating myself but obviously concerned with the underlying stuff. the below or similar is probably coming soon to other cities in US if it hasn't already. be well & safe out there.
thoughts and prayers, chuck