RIP Kirk Douglas

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

RIP Kirk Douglas

Post by chuckrh »

scotto

Re: RIP Kirk Douglas

Post by scotto »

So many great roles from some of my favorite films. His calm, cool psychopath Whit Sterling from Out of the Past is probably my favorite role in definitely my favorite film of his.

George

Post by George »

I'm sad to hear this, but what a life he had. I just read his wife is still alive at age 100.

Too bad my local cable company has to keep playing games with Turner Classic Movies. The latest demand from them for us to pay even more for a sports channel package to keep TCM was the final straw in the let's-mess-with-TCM game they've been playing for far too many years now.

Didn't mean to rant about the price of cable as much as to wish we still had TCM and the time to watch it because I bet they're showing one hell of a Kirk Douglas marathon this weekend.

Don't know if it's my favorite of his, but the first movie that came to mind when I heard of his passing was Ace In The Hole.

Rest in peace, Mr. Douglas.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Really loved this guy but I'm not sad one bit. He lived a great life. He lived through WWII, a helicopter crash that would have killed most people and he was still kicking years after his stroke. When he died he was still worth about 60 mil. He won at life and I'm not the least bit pissed that Lex or Terry made a profit off his death. And yes, put it all on 5.
My favorite movie of all time, In Harms Way.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

"In Harms Way" will air this afternoon on the MOVIES! channel. Got to get my mowers running by then.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!