Pick Hit for College Football Fans and Everyone Else

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Pick Hit for College Football Fans and Everyone Else

Post by beantownbubba »

In the fall of 2008, Mark Herzlich was a junior All American linebacker for the Boston College Eagles. He was expected to compete for the major individual defensive awards as a senior (fall '09) and to be a high NFL draft pick in the spring of 2010. But in the spring of '09, he was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma, a rare and often fatal bone cancer. Fast forward to September 2010: Herzlich is cancer free and attempting a comeback to play major college football!! He might play in BC's opener tomorrow. Keep an eye out - if this happens, it will be one of the most amazing sports stories of our lifetime, truly incredible, and he deserves at least a few minutes of your mindshare. As many of you know, I'm pretty familiar with Ewing's so trust me when I tell you that if Mark actually does play it will be one of the all-time great feats of human will, determination and spirit. Needless to say, our fingers and toes are all crossed here.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Re: Pick Hit for College Football Fans and Everyone Else

Post by Clams »

He grew up near where I live. Everyone's pulling for him.
If you don't run you rust

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Re: Pick Hit for College Football Fans and Everyone Else

Post by never going back »

Absolutely incredible! I wish him the very best tomorrow.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...