MLB 2023

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: MLB 2022

Post by chuckrh »

Now I know the pain the Toronto fans felt on Saturday. We'll have to get Houston on Thursday.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Things are officially out of control here now:

https://wsdot.wa.gov/about/news/2022/st ... me-changes

GO Ms!!!!!!!!!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Another reason to hate the Cheatin' Asstros. GO Ms!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

A sad & brutal end to my baseball season yesterday. 18 INNINGS! Score at the end was Houston 1 Seattle 0. I had to leave at the end of the 16th inning as I was having burning back spasms & if I didn't leave I was going to have to crawl to the car. You know you're in trouble when they do the 7th inning stretch twice. Tied for longest postseason game ever. Hopefully the Ms will learn from it & come back stronger next year. There are definitely some holes in the line-up. & Houston is loaded for bear. Now back to normal life, such as it is.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Go Phils
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:20 pm
Go Phils
Good luck, Clams! Should be a good series with San Diego.

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:22 am
Clams wrote:
Go Phils
The series might be a little tense for the Nola family.

Go phils, go birds.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:01 am
chuckrh wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:22 am
Clams wrote:
Go Phils
The series might be a little tense for the Nola family.

Go phils, go birds.
Eagles looked good against the Cowpies last night. Against all logic, my Seahawks keep playing moderately good. I'm actually rooting for them to lose so that we get 2 top 10 picks in the first & second rounds of next year's draft. Looking like Denver's pick may end being better than ours, haha. Seahawks management are looking like geniuses by deciding that Russell "Princess" Wilson wasn't worth $50 million a year through his decline. There's a story out there, from Richard Sherman I think, that the play that can't be unseen in the Super Bowl vs NE was called by Princess at the line of scrimmage & the coaches fell on the sword for him. Messiah complex. Couple that with the Super Bowl win the year before was way more about the D & Beastmode than QB play & you have a fairy tale about Princesses career. I bet this year's "injury" suddenly gets more serious if the Donkeys keep losing.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

@clams in honour of the Phillies I stopped & got a cheesesteak today. I have a hole in the wall place I go to called Calozzis. Located here & San Diego. It's owned by a guy who learned at his grandparent's restaurant in Phiily so their sandwiches are authentic. Really good stuff. Nice people, too. It's a bit out of my way but always worth the trip.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Jason Kelce chugging beers with the Phanatic after the 6th inning. Go Phils.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:01 am
Jason Kelce chugging beers with the Phanatic after the 6th inning. Go Phils.

The Padres look like UPS drivers. Wonder if they're parking illegally at your stadium, haha.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Congrats @clams . Hopefully the Phils put up a fight against the Cheatin' Asstros.

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:54 am
Congrats @clams . Hopefully the Phils put up a fight against the Cheatin' Asstros.
Yeah Houston sure looks tough. Will be interesting to see how the teams will be affected by the 4 days off. It'll help the Phils bc now they'll get 4 starts out of Wheeler and Nola. Really looking fwd to the games.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:45 am
chuckrh wrote:
Yeah Houston sure looks tough. Will be interesting to see how the teams will be affected by the 4 days off. It'll help the Phils bc now they'll get 4 starts out of Wheeler and Nola. Really looking fwd to the games.
The one playoff game we had here was awesome albeit too long, haha. It was insane at the stadium & I expect it will be like that in Philly even more than it has been. I ended up having to leave the game I went to after 16 innings or else I would've had to crawl to the car. The seats at all these venues are murder on my back. I think the Mariners will be back & better next year. I really hope the Phils take down Houston! Enjoy the series!

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:42 am
Clams wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:45 am
chuckrh wrote:
The one playoff game we had here was awesome albeit too long, haha. It was insane at the stadium & I expect it will be like that in Philly even more than it has been. I ended up having to leave the game I went to after 16 innings or else I would've had to crawl to the car. The seats at all these venues are murder on my back. I think the Mariners will be back & better next year. I really hope the Phils take down Houston! Enjoy the series!
I was at Game 3 against Atlanta last weekend and it was insane. Really loud, really intense, really fun, etc. All of the Philly crowds have been like that.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

cortez the killer wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:28 pm
Time to start thinking about greasing up the lamp posts in Philly! :D

Clams

Post by Clams »

The Phils gave it a good ride but all their weaknesses were eventually exposed and the better team won. On the bright side, the Eagles are 8-0.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I didn't watch any of the WBC until the final but I sort of kept an eye on it as the excitement and quality of play seemed to be growing by leaps and bounds. The final certainly justified the hype.

I can't say anything new or different about the amazingness that is Shohei Ohtani so I'll just say this: Shohei Ohtani. That is all.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:19 am
I didn't watch any of the WBC until the final but I sort of kept an eye on it as the excitement and quality of play seemed to be growing by leaps and bounds. The final certainly justified the hype.

I can't say anything new or different about the amazingness that is Shohei Ohtani so I'll just say this: Shohei Ohtani. That is all.
I ended up watching a lot of WBC as I've been laid up with chemo. There were a lot of great games. Rob Manfred (don't care for him) did nail it when he said that he hopes that more major league starting pitchers participate next time. & yes, Ohtani was amazing. Whatever he ends up getting in his next contract, he's worth it. He's Babe Ruth for the modern age. Bubba, the guy from Japan that the Red Sox signed looks like a good one, too. Last nights final game was epic.

Clams

Re: MLB 2023

Post by Clams »

Love him or hate him, it's pretty amazing that Bryce Harper returned to action last night less than six months after having Tommy John surgery.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:09 pm
Love him or hate him, it's pretty amazing that Bryce Harper returned to action last night less than six months after having Tommy John surgery.
Yeah, I literally didn't believe it when I first saw the possibility mentioned a few days ago. Incredible. Is he at full strength?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:59 pm
Clams wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:09 pm
Yeah, I literally didn't believe it when I first saw the possibility mentioned a few days ago. Incredible. Is he at full strength?
They're going to play him at DH for awhile.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Even though the Phillies were playing the Sox this past weekend I didn't get to watch much. How's Harper doing?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Sad to hear of Vida Blue's passing. He and those early 70's A's teams were a big part of my formative baseball fan years. There is not much more exciting than a young phenom bursting on the scene in any sport, or in any art form I guess. And it still happens, for sure. But I can't help thinking that something is lost now that we're all inundated with scouting reports and game coverage reaching down to junior high school, the blanket coverage of HS stars' college decisions, obsessive coverage of the various drafts, etc.

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 6:31 pm
Even though the Phillies were playing the Sox this past weekend I didn't get to watch much. How's Harper doing?
Got to see him very up close at Coors Field last weekend and he looked awesome. His normal self at the plate. Watched him take BP, too. A site to behold.

Also, Coors Field is awesome.
Do you ever get tired of singin' songs
Like all your pain is just another fuckin' sing along?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Headline in the NYT: Why is Mookie Betts Playing Shortstop? Because He Can

Remind me again why the Red Sox dumped a generational player in his prime? GGGGRRRRRRR

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Just saw a video of the Braves executing an 8-3-5 triple play. Outstanding!

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:30 am

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:30 am
Inside the Boston Beaneaters dugout circa 1884:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIP9KXdmO0