mlb 2020

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: mlb 2020

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:02 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:37 am
@beantownbubba : For the love of God, why in the world did Boston let Mookie Betts go? Watched the Dodgers game last night & it appears that he could very well be the final piece that wins them a world series.
You're asking the wrong person. I washed my hands of the team the moment that happened. Being a Red Sox fan is a full time job and one that I loved for decades. But for John Henry to make a payroll saving move w/ one of the 3 or 4 best players of his generation was too much cynicism and hypocrisy for me. Henry is welcome to run his team as a business and I am entitled to have no more loyalty and pay no more attention to it than I pay to any other business.
Sorry, didn't mean to stomp on an open wound. It's just shocking. I feel your pain. Below is a quote from SportspressNW.com regarding my not so beloved Mariners:

Speaking of odds, the Mariners are 250-1 to win the World Series, according to BetOnLine.ag. That’s not as bad as the Orioles and Pirates, both 300-1. But it is in line with standard expectations for a franchise that understands losing the way Homer Simpson understands beer (“Homer no function beer well without”).
Last edited by chuckrh on Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

A complete game shutout on opening day is about the best way to start the season
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

For oilpiers wherever he may be: In one of the stories in Don Winslow's new book, Broken, Winslow waxes poetically and ecstatically (although briefly) about Francisco Tatis.
Shut up and vote.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:57 pm
For oilpiers wherever he may be: In one of the stories in Don Winslow's new book, Broken, Winslow waxes poetically and ecstatically (although briefly) about Francisco Tatis.
It has been quite the 24 hours for that kid. I enjoy watching him nightly, though the bullpen, predicted to be a top 3 in MLB, is an everyday anxiety.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:27 am

oilpiers wrote:
He has displayed Ozzie Smith (originally a Padre) defense, with a better arm. Tony Gwynn batting, with more power. And clearly the best baserunner in MLB now.
Poor man’s Khalil Greene :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who's laughing now?