McKamey Manor (extreme haunted house): aw hell no!!!

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

McKamey Manor (extreme haunted house): aw hell no!!!

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

McKamey Manor: no fuckin' way!

here's a link to a WaPo article that is better than the one linked above, didn't use it above as some may not be able to access it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... e-chamber/

this part sounds like good fodder for a Patterson Hood song (No One Gets to Huntsville, maybe?):

McKamey said he has invested more than $1 million in the attraction, which is a mobile experience. Guests start in Summertown, but McKamey said he transports them to different locations in Tennessee and rents out other people’s farms and abandoned buildings for the stunts. If participants lasted long enough in the experience, McKamey said they would end up in Huntsville, Ala. No one, however, has ever gotten that far.

another good article on this insanity: https://www.nashvillescene.com/arts-cul ... -on-demand
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

bovine knievel

Re: McKamey Manor (extreme haunted house): aw hell no!!!

Post by bovine knievel »

I wonder how many times the cops have been called on this place?
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

bovine knievel wrote:I wonder how many times the cops have been called on this place?
From the Nashville Scene article:

Before he gets started, the first thing Russ McKamey has to do is call the cops. From the front porch of a trailer in Summertown, Tenn., he dials a number — “Lawrence County Dispatch,” the woman answers — and informs the operator he’s about to start his show.

“Please, if you get any crazy phone calls from the neighbors, don’t come out here guns a-blazin’,” says McKamey. “We had that happen once before. We don’t wanna do that again.”

The operator laughs. “Yes, we were working that day,” she says.

-------------------------------------
After just a few weeks in his new home, during his second show in Tennessee, cops charged onto the property after a witness reported seeing a screaming woman being dragged from a vehicle. The woman was there consensually, and the cops left without incident, but McKamey now has an agreement with authorities: He’ll give them a heads-up whenever he’s scheduled to give a tour.
------------------------------------
“It’s legal because basically the people that are subjecting themselves to the McKamey program, or whatever you want to call it, they’re doing so voluntarily,” (District Attorney Cooper) says. “That was one thing we went over at length with Mr. McKamey."
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Flea

Post by Flea »

I'd try it.
Now it's dark.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Man there is no fucking way I'm subjecting myself to that.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life