NFL 2023

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

tinnitus photography

Re: NFL 2019

Post by tinnitus photography »

beantownbubba wrote:I'd hate to be a Miami Dolphins fan.
Steelers fans are in no rose garden either.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Steelers (Rooney rule) should put their money where mouth is & sign Kaepernick. Steven A. Smith evidently talked to Colin's long time gf last week & she claims Colin is in game shape & ready to go. Also, no team has offered him a contract since he left SF. All for believing in freedom of speech. Steelers should sign him for the year & see how it works out. I have feeling big Ben may not return at all & its time to move on. Enough of my babbling. I'm having a good feeling about my preseason pick of SEA/NE Super Bowl. The start of the season was looking rough (still no picnic) for the Hawks but it looks like things may be breaking their way. Key DL Jarran Reed suspended for 6 weeks to start season, it was going to be rugged. Now we get NO with no Brees, could easily be 3-0 after next week with Ziggy Ansah most likely making his season debut. Russell Wilson is certainly justifying his big payday & the pieces are still coming together. GO HAWKS!

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Patriots release AB. 8-) :lol:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

bovine knievel wrote:Patriots release AB. 8-) :lol:
Good.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Clams

Post by Clams »

Zip City wrote:
Good.
x2 What a dickhead
If you don't run you rust

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Zip City wrote:
Good.
x2 What a dickhead
good riddance

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

If the league can turn their back on Kaepernick, they better do the same thing with AB.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

bovine knievel wrote:If the league can turn their back on Kaepernick, they better do the same thing with AB.
the Kaepernick situation is down right criminal. 1 of the things that is making it more difficult for me to be into the NFL. there's more.....

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Malcolm Jenkins also protested and is still in the NFL.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... -forbid-it
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

“Colin Kaepernick’s Biggest Problem? Performance, not Politics”

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/pos ... t-politics

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

bovine knievel wrote:If the league can turn their back on Kaepernick, they better do the same thing with AB.
AB is miles better than Kaepernick as a player.

If Kaep were better, someone would have pulled the trigger on him.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Iowan wrote:AB is miles better than Kaepernick as a player.

No doubt but...

Kaepernick is miles better than AB as a person.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Rematch...

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

bovine knievel wrote:
Iowan wrote:AB is miles better than Kaepernick as a player.

No doubt but...

Kaepernick is miles better than AB as a person.
Agreed.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

bovine knievel wrote:Rematch...

Roles are reversed today. Skol.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Iowan wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:Rematch...

Roles are reversed today. Skol.
This is the first game of a 6 game, 48 day road trip for the Raiders that includes a trip to London for a game. Brutal. This seems like punishment. :lol:

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Only game available right now is Bengals v Bills. Cincy is just an unwatchable bad football team

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

One must take into account the quality of the opposition of course, but before garbage time (which was essentially the second half), the Patriots and Jets seemed to be playing different sports. I'm sure Mr. Brady noticed but to the average fan there was no way to notice that the Pats had just cut an all pro receiver. There was no way to notice that the offensive line came mostly off the junk pile (though Cannon was back) and included 1 starter who joined the team last week. They just keep rolling and rolling and, so far, crushing the opposition. It's pretty amazing, even as I recognize how much it sucks for other teams & fans.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:One must take into account the quality of the opposition of course, but before garbage time (which was essentially the second half), the Patriots and Jets seemed to be playing different sports. I'm sure Mr. Brady noticed but to the average fan there was no way to notice that the Pats had just cut an all pro receiver. There was no way to notice that the offensive line came mostly off the junk pile (though Cannon was back) and included 1 starter who joined the team last week. They just keep rolling and rolling and, so far, crushing the opposition. It's pretty amazing, even as I recognize how much it sucks for other teams & fans.
Not to take anything away from New England's amazing run over the past 15+ years, but by gawd, it sure hasn't hurt their cause that the rest of that division has been mostly miserable during that entire span

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

As the thread linked below demonstrates, the weakness of the AFC East as a factor in New England’s dynasty is overstated.

https://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?thr ... -era.5389/

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Bill in CT wrote:As the thread linked below demonstrates, the weakness of the AFC East as a factor in New England’s dynasty is overstated.

https://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?thr ... -era.5389/
I didn't say it was any sort of key factor, just saying it didn't hurt. The Patriots dynasty is bigger than how good/bad the Dolphins have been

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I now have a new favorite NFL player: Rashaad Coward of the Chicago Bear.

I never heard of him until this morning when I discovered that he's from Brooklyn and attended and played HS football at Sheepshead Bay HS, which happens to be my alma mater.

When I started at SBHS, we did not have a football team, and as the president of the student govt in my senior year I led the effort to start a team. At the time I remember saying that if one kid gets a college scholarship out of this it will be worth it. Coward attended Old Dominion so there's that :), but I gotta say that this is even better. The Sheepshead Bay Sharks didn't start playing until 2 years after I graduated and by that time I and my fellow organizers were long forgotten (partly just the way things are, partly, I assume, because the administration was VERY glad to get rid of me by the time I graduated for a number of reasons). A few years ago I found out that the team had won its first NYC (PSAL) football title only when my sister sent me the short article about it from the NY Times. I celebrated a very satisfying moment by myself. This feels like that only much more, maybe because I'm older, maybe because it's easier to relate to a person than a team. It's also not incidental that the reason I heard of him now is that he was just named the Players Association Community MVP of the week, in part for work he has done and is doing in Sheepshead Bay. Whatever, I am bursting w/ pride and have an incredible sense of satisfaction.

Sorry. Back to your regular programming.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Hero At Scene Of Philadelphia Fire Drops Burn On Nelson Agholor
“My man just started throwing babies out the window. And we were catching them—unlike Agholor.”
https://deadspin.com/hero-at-scene-of-p ... 1838358139
If you don't run you rust

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Clams wrote:Hero At Scene Of Philadelphia Fire Drops Burn On Nelson Agholor
“My man just started throwing babies out the window. And we were catching them—unlike Agholor.”
https://deadspin.com/hero-at-scene-of-p ... 1838358139
:lol:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Pats were painful to watch today (at least on offense) but they still won which i guess is a sign of something. Classic TV announcers: supported the Bills going on 4th down near the goal line in the 4th and then blasting them in hindsight when they didn't make it. PS It was the right call.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:Pats were painful to watch today (at least on offense) but they still won which i guess is a sign of something. Classic TV announcers: supported the Bills going on 4th down near the goal line in the 4th and then blasting them in hindsight when they didn't make it. PS It was the right call.
i watched the start of this game (no options) & decided i was better served imposing some self discipline & going out to swim some laps. i've been going every day even when i don't feel like it. i started new round of chemo today, so i'm out on that probably until the end of the week. i made it home for the end of the game. at least the bills put up a fight. they seem to be heading the right direction. will admit the patriots are looking mighty tough this year. my seahawks looked good on the afternoon game. granted, arizona isn't quite there yet. looking forward to the rams on thursday. until then, will have the MLB wild card games to keep me amused.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Pats were painful to watch today (at least on offense) but they still won which i guess is a sign of something. Classic TV announcers: supported the Bills going on 4th down near the goal line in the 4th and then blasting them in hindsight when they didn't make it. PS It was the right call.
i watched the start of this game (no options) & decided i was better served imposing some self discipline & going out to swim some laps. i've been going every day even when i don't feel like it. i started new round of chemo today, so i'm out on that probably until the end of the week. i made it home for the end of the game. at least the bills put up a fight. they seem to be heading the right direction. will admit the patriots are looking mighty tough this year. my seahawks looked good on the afternoon game. granted, arizona isn't quite there yet. looking forward to the rams on thursday. until then, will have the MLB wild card games to keep me amused.
Keep up the good work on the swimming! And besides the health benefits you made the right choice. Other than the blocked punt return for a TD there was nothing to see here. Agree that the Bills are moving in the direction. Unfortunately their biggest open question is a REALLY big one: Is Josh Allen a front line NFL QB?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Russell Wilson sure is justifying that big contract he got this year. My Hawks are looking very good & getting better! MVP! MVP! MVP!

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Being a Lions fan has meant a life of pain and suffering. But what happened in MNF last night was a joke, it is unfathomable that the referees could be so obviously wrong on several game-changing calls, all in the 4th quarter.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Mr. B wrote:Being a Lions fan has meant a life of pain and suffering. But what happened in MNF last night was a joke, it is unfathomable that the referees could be so obviously wrong on several game-changing calls, all in the 4th quarter.
Those calls on Fowler were game changers! :evil: