NFL 2023

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: NFL 2019

Post by Clams »

bovine knievel wrote:
Mr. B wrote:Being a Lions fan has meant a life of pain and suffering. But what happened in MNF last night was a joke, it is unfathomable that the referees could be so obviously wrong on several game-changing calls, all in the 4th quarter.
Those calls on Fowler were game changers! :evil:
The officiating in the NFL has been so bad and so inconsistent this year. And even with instant replay they rarely get it right.

In fact I blame the refs 100% for my dismal showing in 3dd fantasy football so far this season.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Clams wrote: The officiating in the NFL has been so bad and so inconsistent this year. And even with instant replay they rarely get it right.

In fact I blame the refs 100% for my dismal showing in 3dd fantasy football so far this season.
Take responsibility.

I blame Clams.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

pearlbeer wrote:
Clams wrote: The officiating in the NFL has been so bad and so inconsistent this year. And even with instant replay they rarely get it right.

Take responsibility.

I blame Clams.
we need a pull quote or two from Clams Jr about this.

Clams

Post by Clams »

tinnitus photography wrote: we need a pull quote or two from Clams Jr about this.
He has abandoned me. Hence my dismal showing.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Clams wrote:
tinnitus photography wrote: we need a pull quote or two from Clams Jr about this.
He has abandoned me. Hence my dismal showing.
He had to be the one behind the Josh Jacobs pick! :ugeek:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

It's true that the Patriots haven't been tested yet but one can't really ask for anything more given that they don't make the schedule. But one thing is clear: The Pats and the Jets are in different leagues. Last night's game was over in the 1st quarter and parts of it were brutal to watch in the way that watching raccoons getting squashed by 18 wheelers on the highway is brutal.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

beantownbubba wrote:It's true that the Patriots haven't been tested yet but one can't really ask for anything more given that they don't make the schedule. But one thing is clear: The Pats and the Jets are in different leagues. Last night's game was over in the 1st quarter and parts of it were brutal to watch in the way that watching raccoons getting squashed by 18 wheelers on the highway is brutal.
The Patriots D is incredible. I loved this quote from Brady after last nights victory.
Seven wins doesn’t get you anything in the NFL. But, you know, 33-0 — I mean, if we don’t give up any points, it’s gonna be hard to lose.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

I have been enjoying the performance of the Patriot's defense. 8-)
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Come on guys. Fuck the Patriots!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:It's true that the Patriots haven't been tested yet but one can't really ask for anything more given that they don't make the schedule. But one thing is clear: The Pats and the Jets are in different leagues. Last night's game was over in the 1st quarter and parts of it were brutal to watch in the way that watching raccoons getting squashed by 18 wheelers on the highway is brutal.
the evil one in the hoodie was actually laughing at the jets toward the end of MNF. they are going to win the super bowl again. getting sanu from cantlanta seals the deal.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Belichick exploited “loophole” in NFL rules to run extra time off the clock

The whole point of the play clock is that teams can’t take more than 40 seconds between plays, but the Patriots, thanks to that running clock after their penalties, took 1 minute, 22 seconds.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

i am kind of surprised that he didn't pull that out of his hat during a more critical game.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

tinnitus photography wrote:i am kind of surprised that he didn't pull that out of his hat during a more critical game.
he's smarter than the game!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

tinnitus photography wrote:i am kind of surprised that he didn't pull that out of his hat during a more critical game.
You see if you can get away with it in the meaningless game so that it's in your hip pocket for the Super Bowl
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

OK, Chuck. Tonight's the night. This ought to be fun.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

LBRod wrote:OK, Chuck. Tonight's the night. This ought to be fun.
I am ready! About to go down for a pregame nap. Been pretty ill for the past few weeks & operating at low energy level. I think the game will be close with Russell Wilson putting a stake through the heart of SF in the 4th quarter. Say, 27-23 final. GO HAWKS!!!!!! PS: hope they can fit the game in between the bouts of propaganda. FOX was nearly unwatchable yesterday. I have nothing against veterans but it has turned into an advertising concept. I guess you need to kill some people to justify the billions spent on weaponry. I am so glad to be away from the complex! Working on getting my soul back.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

chuckrh wrote: I am ready! I think the game will be close, say, 27-23 final. GO HAWKS!!!!!!
Good guess. The Seahawks played better tonight. There were times when Jimmy G held the ball for way too long,
and the receivers let a few go right through their hands. Looking forward to the rematch.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

LBRod wrote:
chuckrh wrote: I am ready! I think the game will be close, say, 27-23 final. GO HAWKS!!!!!!
Good guess. The Seahawks played better tonight. There were times when Jimmy G held the ball for way too long,
and the receivers let a few go right through their hands. Looking forward to the rematch.
Best game of the season so far. Definitely lived up to hype.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

LBRod wrote:

i actually had the score 27-24 as a tiebreaker on the pick em games i play. unfortunately i sucked on the other predictions haha. game of the year so far for the nfl season. nice moment at the end when richard sherman ran across the field to congratulate russell wilson. classy move by richard. now for the bye week. i & the team need it to recover! :D

Last edited by chuckrh on Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Really good game. Jimmy G crapped the bed in clutch time

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:Say, 27-23 final.
Nicely done. Sorry I missed the game, sounds like a good 'un.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Josh Gordon had an impact. 2 huge catches. Jadveon Clowney was the story though. what a trade!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
Josh Gordon had an impact. 2 huge catches. Jadveon Clowney was the story though. what a trade!
How talented does one have to be to remain so incredibly talented even after abusing one's body for so long? Incredible (just to be clear I'm talking about Gordon).

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

beantownbubba wrote:How talented does one have to be to remain so incredibly talented even after abusing one's body for so long? Incredible (just to be clear I'm talking about Gordon).
Weed is performance enhancing.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

did the Hansons find long lost kin in Cleveland last night?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Hey Clams. You ready to do battle on Sunday? GO HAWKS! :D

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Heard that some Browns fans had a Mason Rudolph pinata that they were hitting with helmets pregame. :lol:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Lamar Jackson is the real deal. Simply as a fan I hope he doesn't suffer any serious injuries and I get to watch him for a long time. I know Russell Wilson is having a great year, but right now the MVP trophy feels like Jackson's to lose.

As of this moment the Patriots are not the real deal. The defense is great against "traditional" pocket passers but can't keep up w/ this new breed of super athletic QB's. And the offense. Enough said about the offense. But I've learned never to count Belichek out. There's still time to figure out enough to at least win a playoff game or 2 and let's be real: The fact that that's the minimum standard is pretty fucking outrageous to begin with. But Belichek or not, Brady is aging by the week and I suspect anything short of a Super Bowl appearance will lead to his retirement and the collective yearning for Jimmy G in Patriots land because right now the Pats got nuthin' behind TB12.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Brady is final looking human. His completion % this season is lower than such NFL stalwarts as Mason Rudolph, Kyle Allen and Mitchell Trubisky.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!