Bryan's Bikers PMC Fundraiser 2019

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Bryan's Bikers PMC Fundraiser 2019

Post by beantownbubba »

It’s mid-summer and that means that Bryan’s Bikers is in the final stages of training for the Pan Mass Challenge. Our riders will ride from Wellesley to Provincetown over 2 days to raise money for The Jimmy Fund and its life-saving work. It has been almost 4 years since our son Bryan died of cancer after 13 years in and out of remission and we are grateful for every bit of support our family, friends, neighbors and you all around good people have provided to Bryan and to our family during that time. The hugs, the emails and messages, the food, the memories of Bryan you share with us, all of it helps us individually and we can’t thank you enough for all of that.

But just as we have for the 16 years since Bryan finished his first year of treatment, we ask you to help other kids like Bryan, other families like ours by supporting the PMC and its mission to make the wonderful care for cancer-stricken children at The Jimmy Fund available to all and to support their cutting-edge research that benefits adults and children around the world. As our son Jeremy says, “We ride the PMC in honor and memory of Bry. We ride to support the countless families affected by cancer. We ride this year so that one day we won’t have to.” The incredible care that Bryan received at The Jimmy Fund should be available to help every child. The research advances at Dana Farber that helped him live an incredible life while fighting cancer must continue so that this disease can be conquered once and for all. Since 1980, the PMC has raised over $685 million, every penny of which goes to The Jimmy Fund. Since 2003, Bryan’s Bikers has raised over $950,000 for the Jimmy Fund and we’re hoping to hit a total of $1 million this year. If you have any room in your charitable budget, please consider a contribution to Bryan’s Bikers to help children here and around the world.

To donate securely, use this link: http://profile.pmc.org/TB0076

Or send a check made out to PMC/Bryan’s Bikers to us at
63 Islington Road
Auburndale, MA 02466

With love and gratitude,
Jeff Bernfeld and Mary-Kathleen O’Connell
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

scotto

Re: Bryan's Bikers PMC Fundraiser 2019

Post by scotto »

Glad to help. Glad I got to meet Bryan. And glad folks like you do this work.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I put this up on some other sites that I'm involved with. Hope it helps you reach your goal! Keep up the good work!

Clams

Post by Clams »

scotto wrote:Glad to help. Glad I got to meet Bryan. And glad folks like you do this work.
^^^^ ditto.
Lost my brother in law to cancer just three weeks ago. He was a great guy and just 55 years old. Fuck cancer.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

phungi

Post by phungi »

I just want to chime in that BTB is one of the most generous individuals I have ever met... he has supported various fundraisers (including my kid's travel to Nepal to build a foundation for a school, and same kid's fundraiser for an animal shelter) after simply seeing them posted on FaceBook.

Also, he is one exceptionally decent dude, and while I cannot imagine the magnitude of loss he has experienced, I am happy to support Bryan's Bikers.
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

phungi wrote:I just want to chime in that BTB is one of the most generous individuals I have ever met...

Also, he is one exceptionally decent dude.
X2
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I've been waiting to "report in" until I had definitive info which I still don't have but I know time is going by, so I figured I'd do an interim update: The ride went well, the weather was mostly excellent and only a little hotter than ideal for a long distance ride. All of our riders finished the 2 day ride, including the one rider who was only 2 months removed from surgery for an achilles tendon tear (!). Our stated goal ($30K) was relatively modest compared to our fundraising history but we had a small team of riders this year and wanted to be conservative. We are well past that number :) and the only question is whether we'll hit our lifetime goal of $1 Million. I think and hope we'll get there but can't confirm it at this moment.

Thank you so much for all your support, both financially and emotionally/spiritually. It means so much to us, and of course to all the staff and patients, current and future, at the Jimmy Fund and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

And thank you for the very kind words. You make me blush.

PS If you've been thinking about it or meaning to, there's still time to contribute to this year's ride. At this point virtually any contribution could be the one that puts us over the goal :)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Thanks once again from the bottom of my heart for your support of Bryan's Bikers/The Jimmy Fund/The Dana Farber Cancer Institute. We raised over $51,000 with only 5 riders which I think is pretty great and I can now confirm that our lifetime total over the 17 years we've been doing this is over One Million Dollars :D :D :D There's great satisfaction in reaching a big round number like that and we literally couldn't have done it without you. Unfortunately the job is not done, so see you again next summer :)

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Congrats on going over a million smackeroos, bubba. It's a wonderful legacy of love for such a worthy cause.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

We’ll ain’t that somethin’
Always go to the show