A Worthwhile Day

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

A Worthwhile Day

Post by beantownbubba »

It's not that often that I get to do something of immediate tangible benefit to others, but today I got a friend to close his business on Friday giving his 4 employees a 4 day wkend. I thought that was pretty good.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Re: A Worthwhile Day

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:It's not that often that I get to do something of immediate tangible benefit to others, but today I got a friend to close his business on Friday giving his 4 employees a 4 day wkend. I thought that was pretty good.
Good for you. And them.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Just a worthwhile day
Employees all left and gone home
4-day weekenders on their own
It's such fun

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:It's not that often that I get to do something of immediate tangible benefit to others, but today I got a friend to close his business on Friday giving his 4 employees a 4 day wkend. I thought that was pretty good.
good on you, bubba. i'm taking a non doctor extra day off friday. made no sense to go into a ghost town. i saved corporate satan half a million dollars last week by finding a huge error that had gone through 3 levels of approval before getting to me. the key was i spoke up & chased it down. lot of people afraid to do that & would've let it go through. i give a f*ck not at this point! btw: i got a card siting my adherence to corporate behaviors & an extremely cheap "special" pen for my efforts. eesh! :roll:

scotto

Post by scotto »

Our governor, in a naked attempt to pander to state workers, gave us all Friday off, bless 'im.
Good for you for spreading some good.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

https://www.habitat.org/us-va/appomatto ... county-hfh

So many of you know that I’ve only lived in Tennessee for about six years. I spent most of my life in VA, and I was very involved in the group on the above link for years prior to my family’s move. Last night a friend from the group asked me if I’d be willing to donate lunch for the group.

For $30 I fed the work crew for a Saturday work day. There doesn’t seem to be an active Habitat chapter close to me, but buying lunch seemed to be a great way to help. I just wanted to share in case any of you heathens were inclined to do the same!!!

Flea

Post by Flea »

Beaverdam wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:34 pm
https://www.habitat.org/us-va/appomatto ... county-hfh

So many of you know that I’ve only lived in Tennessee for about six years. I spent most of my life in VA, and I was very involved in the group on the above link for years prior to my family’s move. Last night a friend from the group asked me if I’d be willing to donate lunch for the group.

For $30 I fed the work crew for a Saturday work day. There doesn’t seem to be an active Habitat chapter close to me, but buying lunch seemed to be a great way to help. I just wanted to share in case any of you heathens were inclined to do the same!!!

You are a good guy, I don't really care what Brian says when you outside of hearing range.
Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:25 pm
You are a good guy, I don't really care what Brian says when you outside of hearing range.
x2
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard