The Irony Thread

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

The Irony Thread

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I'll start by roasting ourselves a little but feel free to add other ironies as they occur.
This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.
This from the forum that has spent the last decade making the inside joke of "Blame Clams" into an art form :D
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Clams

Re: The Irony Thread

Post by Clams »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I'll start by roasting ourselves a little but feel free to add other ironies as they occur.
This from the forum that has spent the last decade making the inside joke of "Blame Clams" into an art form :D
Say what?
If you don't run you rust

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I'll start by roasting ourselves a little but feel free to add other ironies as they occur.
I've studiously enjoyed thinking, but not too hard, about exactly that for some time now, I think about the time we had an outbreak of assless chaps.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Half of the professors on campus canceled classes on Friday so their students could attend the Celebration of Learning
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Bill Brasky hated Mexicans! And he was half-Mexican! And he hated irony!
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Bill Brasky hated Mexicans! And he was half-Mexican! And he hated irony!
Reminds me of the notorious Chappelle skit.

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

bovine knievel wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Bill Brasky hated Mexicans! And he was half-Mexican! And he hated irony!
Reminds me of the notorious Chappelle skit.

Clayton “We’re winning the war against Al-Qaeda but we’re losing the war against Al Sharpton” Bigsby
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

My wife and I just bought a nice new car; it’s a minivan which fulfills all of our vehicular needs. I’ve realized that I just paid a whole lot of money for something that I don’t like!!!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdam wrote:My wife and I just bought a nice new car; it’s a minivan which fulfills all of our vehicular needs. I’ve realized that I just paid a whole lot of money for something that I don’t like!!!
That's not irony, that's parenthood. :lol: Enjoy the many hours you will be spending in the van w/ your family and the many places you will go and things you will do together via the van. And that's not ironic.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

beantownbubba wrote:
Beaverdam wrote:My wife and I just bought a nice new car; it’s a minivan which fulfills all of our vehicular needs. I’ve realized that I just paid a whole lot of money for something that I don’t like!!!
That's not irony, that's parenthood. :lol: Enjoy the many hours you will be spending in the van w/ your family and the many places you will go and things you will do together via the van. And that's not ironic.
Well said, Btb. Thank you! Maybe one day I can pull a Smitty and pick up a van full of Heathens on a show weekend! We began looking at third row SUV’s, but they are just so dang expensive. Christina and I realized we just don’t like cars that much. In this part of country one can almost buy a small lake house for the price of a Tahoe/Suburban!

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Get some antlers for your minivan.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.