Escape

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Flea

Escape

Post by Flea »

My truck died, and I wanted something a bit smaller with better gas mileage. So I got a 2019 Escape. First new vehicle I've ever owned. It does everything but give road head.

Now it's dark.

Cole Younger

Re: Escape

Post by Cole Younger »

Flea wrote:My truck died, and I wanted something a bit smaller with better gas mileage. So I got a 2019 Escape. First new vehicle I've ever owned. It does everything but give road head.

Congratulations, man. By the time Ive paid off my wife's car, it will just about be time to get my daughter one. So no new truck for me for a long time. I exaggerate but that's how it feels.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I never buy American cars, but it sounds sweet
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Clams

Post by Clams »

Mazel tov Flea, enjoy the ride motherfucker!
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Flea

Post by Flea »

Cole Younger wrote:
Congratulations, man. By the time Ive paid off my wife's car, it will just about be time to get my daughter one. So no new truck for me for a long time. I exaggerate but that's how it feels.
I've previously taken a used vehicle and driven it until it is way beyond its expiration. My 2 rides for the past 20 years have been a 1993 Ranger and a 2006 F150. The Ranger lasted until 2016, then I took over the wife's ride when she got a work van. Both served admirably with damn near 250,000 miles each.
Now it's dark.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Flea wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:
I've previously taken a used vehicle and driven it until it is way beyond its expiration. My 2 rides for the past 20 years have been a 1993 Ranger and a 2006 F150. The Ranger lasted until 2016, then I took over the wife's ride when she got a work van. Both served admirably with damn near 250,000 miles each.
I got my 1971 Plymouth Fury III up to 271K, but I cheated. I got it from my late Uncle Searl with 218K on it. He'd gotten it from the original owner and put about 100K on it himself before he sold it to me for $300. You can tell by that he loved me. And I cheated again, because that car got paid off for being totaled three times before I had to junk it. First I got rear-ended in Tulsa. Then a dumbass sixteen year old slammed into the driver's side pulling out of her daddy's driveway in her second car, the first one having been totaled. The cops called her cell phone and she said she was too freaked out to come back. When they went to her boyfriend's house, they found her trying to get that mustard yellow paint off her bumper. Then a little old lady turned into the new exit of Harp's on Sunset. I told her to forget about it. The car was already beat and they'd've savaged her at the insurance company. Finally a guy sideswiped me pretty good on the interstate and tore the engine mounts.

That was the one that pissed me off. Not only did it mean I had to give up the car, but when the Benton County deputies showed up, they were a lot more interested eyeballing my old car than in the guy's who'd hit me and who they, eventually, cited. One of them was Sheriff Lee's son, too. I'm not sure which one it was, Andy IV or Seth. I think Andy IV. They've both prospered, of course, and I believe have been found innocent in all the investigations, just like their dad.

I made some money on that car without intending to. It was that girl's third wreck and she wasn't even seventeen, so I let her dad overpay me rather than call the insurance company. I am an American artist, and I feel no guilt.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Lol. I swear John A, you ought to write a book. I'd read it.

You ought to see what a little girl in a mail jeep will do to a Chevy z71. My truck was smashed while parked in my driveway back in September. I was nowhere around as I was off on my tractor planting deer food plots. I got back and as Gomer Pyle used to say, surprise, surprise, surprise!

She was pitiful and obviously very sorry. She had pulled in the driveway meaning to just back out and turn around, she got closer to my truck than she meant to, panicked, and floored it instead of hitting the brakes. I was glad when I found out she wasn't fired over it but getting the US Postal Service to do what they are supposed to as far as my truck getting fixed has been a chore. This whole thing did nothing to alay my dislike of government in general as you can imagine.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

currently at 270K miles.

and i ride in style.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

260k on a 1993 Toyota 4x4. Not my primary vehicle but still going strong.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

235,000 trouble free miles on my 2009 Focus.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

Very disappointed.....I thought this thread was going to be about the Piña Colada Song! Congrats Flea.
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Sitting around 175K on a 2011 Escape. They're ubiquitous around here. AWD. Good mileage. Reliable. Cheap. The total package.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

I'm gonna guess everyone here except Iowan lives in a warmish climate. The weather and road salt in the northeast eats cars right out from under you, no matter how well you take care of them.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Beebs wrote:I'm gonna guess everyone here except Iowan lives in a warmish climate. The weather and road salt in the northeast eats cars right out from under you, no matter how well you take care of them.
Rust is one reason I never buy vehicles with any intention of selling them.

I don't think we get it near as bad as you guys though. Sure, it gets fucking cold, but you guys get feet of snow at a time (whereas we get inches). I can probably count on one hand the amount of times we've gotten a foot of snow in one fell swoop. In an average winter they probably salt ~10 times. I'm guessing it's like every other day in a wetter northern climate.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Beebs wrote:I'm gonna guess everyone here except Iowan lives in a warmish climate. The weather and road salt in the northeast eats cars right out from under you, no matter how well you take care of them.
Not me, but I tend to trade up before putting that many miles on.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Flea

Post by Flea »

When I get a vehicle, my intention is to take it to its grave. I drove the 93 Ranger until 2015.
Last edited by Flea on Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now it's dark.

roland

Post by roland »

Flea wrote:My truck died, and I wanted something a bit smaller with better gas mileage. So I got a 2019 Escape. First new vehicle I've ever owned. It does everything but give road head.

When I owned my coffee shop, "the business" bought a new 2013 Escape with all the options. Great vehicle, but once I no longer needed the capacity to haul shit, I traded it for a '14 Elantra for my wife, and I took her '06 Mustang. Blew out the cooling system on the Mustang in October, and got a '15 Sonata Sport. Loved that car. In February, I got rear-ended, and the car was totaled. Took the payout and now have a '16 Sonata SE. I've had more cars in the last 6 months than I had the previous 12 years.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Buy one for the family, take whatever no one wanted
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

]
don;t worry, that's in the next release of Carplay.

congrats on the new wheels!