Food--unless there's already a thread!

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Food--unless there's already a thread!

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Folk Witness
What draws us to seek pleasure and solace in places often referred to as joints and shacks? Is this about time travel? Are they portals to a Southern past? Is it rooted in class difference, and a want to span that chasm?

John T. Edge wrote:When I talk about Helen’s with people who have never met the woman or tasted her barbecue, I speak of the fierceness and intimacy of her labor and what it means to claim an audience with her. I talk about the woodpile out back, stacked higgledy-piggledy with splits of hickory. And I do my damnedest to bring the dirt-floored pit house at the rear of the restaurant to life.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Flea

Re: Food--unless there's already a thread!

Post by Flea »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Folk Witness
What draws us to seek pleasure and solace in places often referred to as joints and shacks? Is this about time travel? Are they portals to a Southern past? Is it rooted in class difference, and a want to span that chasm?

John T. Edge wrote:When I talk about Helen’s with people who have never met the woman or tasted her barbecue, I speak of the fierceness and intimacy of her labor and what it means to claim an audience with her. I talk about the woodpile out back, stacked higgledy-piggledy with splits of hickory. And I do my damnedest to bring the dirt-floored pit house at the rear of the restaurant to life.
What's wrong with the food just tasting good?
Now it's dark.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Flea wrote:

As long as it does, I will take whatever ride to get there!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Flea wrote:

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing