MLB 2019

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: MLB 2019

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:So, is there any chance that Orange Foolius will show up for the coming games in D.C.? I know he's dodged first pitches in the past three years like they were the Vietnam War, but would he pass up on what would normally be a very presidential thing to do by appearing at the first World Series games in Washington since (I think) 1933?

I say zero chance he shows but what say y'uns?
The only reason he'd show is because everyone figures there's a zero percent chance that he will, but at the end of the day he knows he'll be booed and if there's one thing we know about Donny is that he can't handle the truth. So that would be a no.
He's apparently coming to game 5.
You know he’s praying for a sweep. Should there be a game 5, I will believe it when I see him in the park. I read that rain is expected on Sunday, and we now how rain impacts his public appearances

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1NF0NU

plus there's the thing with José Andrés throwing out the first pitch that night
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

Read a comment on WaPo in which someone said that due to the "libtards" booing Trump last night the umpires, who the writer claims are all naturally MAGAts, rebelled in support of DOTUS and made calls against the Nationals :roll: :roll: :roll:

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

Funniest baseball tweet I have ever seen. Kate Upton schooling the public that Turner was out of the running lane and that is the rules. What Turner did is done every day. The ridiculous part of that call was his foot appeared to be on first base before the ball arrived, and his LEFT foot hit the bag, meaning he was where he was supposed to be. How embarrassing can it be for Verlander to have to have his model wife publicly get involved?

Clams

Post by Clams »

The best part of the World Series so far

If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

oilpiers wrote:Funniest baseball tweet I have ever seen. Kate Upton schooling the public that Turner was out of the running lane and that is the rules. What Turner did is done every day. The ridiculous part of that call was his foot appeared to be on first base before the ball arrived, and his LEFT foot hit the bag, meaning he was where he was supposed to be. How embarrassing can it be for Verlander to have to have his model wife publicly get involved?
I couldn't believe they neither mentioned nor showed a tape of the JC Martin incident/controversy in the '69 WS. Same rule, more egregious violation in different times w/ no appeals, fewer replays and no official reviews. Note the date of this article about the incident:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball ... 1.32070525

Funniest Kate Upton tweet I ever saw was when JV was the frontrunner for the Cy Young a couple of years ago and didn't get it. Ms Upton tweeted (approximately), "I thought nobody but me was allowed to screw my husband."
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I hope they look at this rule, because it's nonsensical, never called, and yet (could have) affected a very important game. They even got it wrong after review.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

Zip City wrote:I hope they look at this rule, because it's nonsensical, never called, and yet (could have) affected a very important game. They even got it wrong after review.
That wasn't a review. It was a discussion to see if the Nat's had the right to protest the game. At least that is the company line. Torre reminded me of Bill Barr in his weak ass excuse for the ump.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

oilpiers wrote:Funniest baseball tweet I have ever seen. Kate Upton schooling the public that Turner was out of the running lane and that is the rules. What Turner did is done every day. The ridiculous part of that call was his foot appeared to be on first base before the ball arrived, and his LEFT foot hit the bag, meaning he was where he was supposed to be. How embarrassing can it be for Verlander to have to have his model wife publicly get involved?
she was just following protocol.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Old man yells at cloud

:roll: :roll: :roll:

can't find this classic on youtube but here's a link to a personal favorite SNL moment

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi2oyv

Throw the ball!!!

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

Never mind the first time that the home team has lost the first 6 games of any major sports championship. Is this the first time a team, The Nationals, have worn the same uniform, barring grey pants vs white pants, in any 7 game series? Not even close to their best uni either.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

Howie Kendrick is a reason to be happy tonight.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

oilpiers wrote:Howie Kendrick is a reason to be happy tonight.
I like a lot of Nats players. Rendon, Kendrick, Zimmerman, Eaton....all guys I'd like to have on the team I root for.

Alex Bregman was 0-3 in game 7. That made me pretty happy too.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Ummm, dare I ask what that's a picture of? Yes, I can see it's Trump and he seems to be getting off on some man boobs, but whose/where/what?

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:Ummm, dare I ask what that's a picture of? Yes, I can see it's Trump and he seems to be getting off on some man boobs, but whose/where/what?
Nationals at White House today. That's Kurt Suzuki getting the full-on MAKE AMERICA GROPE AGAIN experience

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I assumed it was a photoshop
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:I assumed it was a photoshop
Nope, the Photoshop I keep seeing replaces Suzuki’s face with Putin’s

ETA: the Photoshopped pic (I was standing in line at Costco pharmacy when I first posted, that's a whole other story)

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

if they don't have pussies, grab 'em by the titties.
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Image

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

tinnitus photography wrote:if they don't have pussies, grab 'em by the titties.
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Image
It's amazing, they just let you do it.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

It hasn't even reached rumor stage yet; it's not even really speculation, more like pre-speculation rumination or late night dorm talk at a highly theoretical level, but let me just say right now that if the Red Sox trade Mookie Betts to the Yankees, that would be a serious, major problem for me.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:It hasn't even reached rumor stage yet; it's not even really speculation, more like pre-speculation rumination or late night dorm talk at a highly theoretical level, but let me just say right now that if the Red Sox trade Mookie Betts to the Yankees, that would be a serious, major problem for me.

Looks like Yankees are reverting to their evil ways buying championships. I hear they are going after a chunk of the Nationals pitching staff.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

scandal in houston is growing & not just in houston. this could get ugly.