NFL 2018

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

boyyourself

Re: NFL 2018

Post by boyyourself »

Was that out loud? Oops. Sorry for spreading such negativity on the board. I’m blaming the brain damage from playing football. Oh and I guess I rode bulls well into my thirties so clearly I’m not that bright.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

cortez the killer wrote:
boyyourself wrote:Fuck football. What a bunch of overgrown bitches. Cunts even. Fuck you Kareem hunt and tyreek hill. And has anything improved at Oklahoma State since he beat up his pregnant girlfriend? Fuck no. You still have That MAGA piece of shit Mike Gundy recruiting haredened criminals. I’m sure my niece will be going to school there in a few years which makes me sick. I got duped into enjoying the nfl this year and particularly the chiefs but I’m all done now. Besides it’s a quick and easy life improvement to take Sunday and go hike. Bike. Climb. Ski. Jack off with a cheese grader. Anything but support a bunch of abusive pussies.
he's not wrong.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Wait. What? Did that just happen? What the FUCK? :shock: :shock: I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it w/ my own eyes.

BTW, Derrick Henry's 200+ yard game on Thursday nite was one of the more impressive things I've seen in recent seasons. Not just the yards but the way he got them.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

This Bears defense may be on to something
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Zip City wrote:This Bears defense may be on to something
I watched some of that game last night making that the third Bears game this season after a four year break. That defense is fun to watch. They're so fast and are all over the field. It's kind of fun watching them with some objectivity instead of screaming and throwing things and be on the edge of an aneurysm every single play.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Clams

Post by Clams »

I forget... do we have any Bears fans here?
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Perhaps one or two

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Hoping the Seahawks will smite the hated Cowboys! GO HAWKS!

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:Hoping the Seahawks will smite the hated Cowboys! GO HAWKS!
x2

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
x2
Would love to have Hawks/Eagles NFC championship game here in Seattle, Clams. Would be the bird bowl! Seriously, I'm loving the Eagles coming on with Foles again. He is going to be a very wealthy man soon. Eagles & Seahawks both seem to have the intangilbles going on. I'm bringing pizza to the party tonight. My friend has a 65" TV, so going to her place. Should be epic, woo hoo!

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:
Clams wrote:
x2
Would love to have Hawks/Eagles NFC championship game here in Seattle, Clams. Would be the bird bowl! Seriously, I'm loving the Eagles coming on with Foles again. He is going to be a very wealthy man soon. Eagles & Seahawks both seem to have the intangilbles going on. I'm bringing pizza to the party tonight. My friend has a 65" TV, so going to her place. Should be epic, woo hoo!
Well that sure didn't go as planned. Sorry Chuck. Fuckin Cowboys.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Eagles should just give up now since they can’t play the Seahawks anymore

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Would love to have Hawks/Eagles NFC championship game here in Seattle, Clams. Would be the bird bowl! Seriously, I'm loving the Eagles coming on with Foles again. He is going to be a very wealthy man soon. Eagles & Seahawks both seem to have the intangilbles going on. I'm bringing pizza to the party tonight. My friend has a 65" TV, so going to her place. Should be epic, woo hoo![/quote]
Well that sure didn't go as planned. Sorry Chuck. Fuckin Cowboys.[/quote]
Seahawks season was good. They definitely exceeded expectations. I thought they would win 6 games at very most. Very young team, so future looks bright. Cowpies played well. Dallas will get their ass handed to them next week. Go Eagles! Hopefully will at least be good game. Morning game has been pretty boring. Also, most importantly, Seahawks beat the point spread, haha. I suspect we are going to have new kicker next year though. Janokowski is pretty fragile at his advanced age. For Hawk haters: most of the obnoxious guys are gone now. 1 of them to Eagles....haha. ;)

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Wow Clams! Just wow! Go & get yourself some golden 'taters with your cheesesteak! Maybe a barley pop, too! :D

Clams

Post by Clams »

Hate to win on a doinked FG like that but I'll take it. Playing in New Orleans next Sunday will be TOUGH. Go birds!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:Hate to win on a doinked FG like that but I'll take it. Playing in New Orleans next Sunday will be TOUGH. Go birds!
You have to wonder if there is some temptation to trade Wentz & keep Foles. I'm not saying the Eagles should but its definitely food for thought. Foles has been money pinch hitting. What would be cool would be a Philly/Indy super bowl. Indy totally "luck"ed out when McDaniels backed out. Frank Reich seems like the perfect coach for that team & has done an excellent job. Even though my team is out, the playoffs definitely are interesting this year. We got 2 good games & 2 dogs this weekend, which is typical. I did really well this year on pick em (both straight & against the spread). Top 3 % on both nfl.com & espn.com. Was top 2% until the last 2 weeks of the season. My cold streak continues. I picked every game wrong this weekend. For once, I am glad I'm not in Vegas, haha!

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote: You have to wonder if there is some temptation to trade Wentz & keep Foles. I'm not saying the Eagles should but its definitely food for thought. Foles has been money pinch hitting.
That's been all the talk on sports radio here for the last few weeks.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Chicago would have trounced the Vikes yesterday, and would have faced said Viking squad had they rested their starters in Week '17.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Iowan wrote:Chicago would have trounced the Vikes yesterday, and would have faced said Viking squad had they rested their starters in Week '17.
Maybe, but there was still a chance they could get a first round bye with a week 17 win

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

I don't see the Eagles keeping Foles and trading Wentz. They traded a lot to move up and pick Wentz in the draft. Wentz is also almost 4 years younger than Foles. They can't afford to keep both quarterbacks so Foles will be playing elsewhere next season.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Sorry, Clams. Your Eagles put up a good fight. Only good game of the weekend!

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:Sorry, Clams. Your Eagles put up a good fight. Only good game of the weekend!
The better team won. Too bad there was no way to end the game after the first quarter.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

These should be some pretty epic games next weekend.

Rooting for KC and LA. I find both teams entertaining to watch, and KC is the only Midwestern team left. I should just adopt them as my AFC squad anyhow. A lot of Iowans are big Chiefs fans, and I recently learned back when the franchise was founded that they very openly courted residents of Iowa (along with Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Arkansas) to be Chiefs fans. Their goal was to be the team for people in Plains states north of Texas and south of Minnesota.

scotto

Post by scotto »

^ They were the Dallas Texans before moving to Kansas City and have always courted the lower Midwest/Great Plains football fans. Plus, how could you not root for a team led by Lenny the Cool:

Here's Len hotboxing a cig with his Fresca during halftime of the first AFL-NFL Championship (later known as Super Bowl I).

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

scotto wrote:^ They were the Dallas Texans before moving to Kansas City and have always courted the lower Midwest/Great Plains football fans. Plus, how could you not root for a team led by Lenny the Cool:

Here's Len hotboxing a cig with his Fresca during halftime of the first AFL-NFL Championship (later known as Super Bowl I).
I'm from the north side of Iowa, and we always had the Vikings on TV and in the media markets due to proximity to the Twin Cities. I'm about 2 hours from there, and 4-5 from KC. It just always made sense to me to root for the Vikes.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Pulling for the Chiefs & Saints. Saints over Rams because I feel they have a better shot of beating New England (same as it ever is).
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Iowan wrote:
scotto wrote:^ They were the Dallas Texans before moving to Kansas City and have always courted the lower Midwest/Great Plains football fans. Plus, how could you not root for a team led by Lenny the Cool:

I'm from the north side of Iowa, and we always had the Vikings on TV and in the media markets due to proximity to the Twin Cities. I'm about 2 hours from there, and 4-5 from KC. It just always made sense to me to root for the Vikes.
Back when there were two leagues you could have two favorite teams. I was (and remain) a 49er fan.
A buddy was a big Raider fan, so for fun I started rooting for their rivals, the Chiefs. They remain my second favorite team.
65 toss power trap forever!
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

scotto

Post by scotto »

LBRod wrote:65 toss power trap forever!
...might pop wide open...

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I’m not sure there was an individual jaw dropping play from Brady tonight, but you can’t argue the results.