RIP Anthony Bourdain

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

RIP Anthony Bourdain

Post by beantownbubba »

I'm probably not the best person to eulogize Anthony Bourdain; I was "merely" a fan, there are many others who felt a much closer connection to him or a higher degree of fandom. But I am feeling especially sad about this for several reasons: In addition to his talent, Bourdain was a truly interesting indvidual, an exceedingly rare trait, and he was pretty much unique, an even more rare trait in this homogenized world. Mostly, though, I am channeling my son Bryan, who turned me on to Bourdain and was a big, big fan and admirer of Bourdain's. I am thinking back on the many hours Bryan and I spent watching Bourdain (and inevitably, also thinking about some of the shows on our "regular rotation") and it's an emotional gut punch. I think it's partly those memories but it's also feeling at a surprisingly deep level how upset Bryan would be to learn of Bourdain's death, especially by suicide. A sad, sad day. :cry: :cry:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Re: RIP Anthony Bourdain

Post by chuckrh »

RIP

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:RIP
x2
(Though I have to admit, I didn't even know who he was when I heard the news this morning).
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

I was dead asleep when Jen told me about the news this morning. When I got up I thought I had dreamed it, was totally shocked to realize it wasn't a dream :( :( :(

This is awful news on so many levels.
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Flea

Post by Flea »

This one really bums me. I was always hopeful he would take his crew to North Korea.
Now it's dark.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

RIP

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »