This shit is beyond out of hand

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: This shit is beyond out of hand

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Yup. Been going on for fucking ever, but now it's being exposed, highlighted, etc.

I think the simplest definition of white privilege is that you don't get subjected to this shit.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I don't have a link, but there was a story last week about someone who called the cops to come investigate a possible burglary at their neighbor's house. The cop who came out was black, and when he started investigating, the same person called 911 reporting a suspicious black person poking around the neighbor's house
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Iowan wrote:I think the simplest definition of white privilege is that you don't get subjected to this shit.
I had never heard the expression "DWB" (driving while black for all y'all privileged folks) until I was in my 30's. I still find it shocking that I was that blind/sheltered. Of course what's worse is that I wasn't shocked at all to learn of the phenomenon.

I had just the slightest peek at this sort of thing when I was a long hair in the early 70's. Older folks occasionally crossing the street when they saw me approach (which I just found amusing); occasionally hassled by the police, a couple of times pretty outrageously; being followed around stores by owners or employees on the lookout for shoplifters, etc. but it was nothing, and I know it was nothing. It's hard to understand living with much worse every day.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

fuckin' BBQ Becky :roll: :roll: :roll:

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

“when I was a long hair in the early 70's.”

Photo please?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

ramonz wrote:“when I was a long hair in the early 70's.”

Photo please?
They're out there; you gotta work for it, man.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
ramonz wrote:“when I was a long hair in the early 70's.”

Photo please?
They're out there; you gotta work for it, man.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

DISCLAIMER:Don't shoot! I'm only the messenger and I'm not trying to play devils advocate. I'm just passing along what was passed on to me down the wise cracker line.
(also I wrote this yesterday but couldn't get it to post)
Who wants to be BBQ Becky? or Flip it and Reverse it.
I have worked in Ortega since the early 80's. At one time it was one of the top 10 weathiest neighborhoods in the country and since it is in the south it's not uncommon to see black people in the neighborhood as they have always worked for the wealthy.(see the movie "The Help")
I guess I missed it the first time around but I just read this thread yesterday morning then I went to work. I was on my 3rd yard when the lady across the street, who does her own yard on the same day that I do the one I was working on, comes over to fill me in on the neighborhood gossip. "You missed some excitement around here monday" Then she proceeds to tell me about the black man that was walking down the road. As I stated earlier, not uncommon. The guy had on a bright orange shirt and was walking up and down the road taking pictures of the houses. So naturally couriosity got the best of her and she went out and asked what he was doing. He told her he was doing a political survey and his boss had told to do what he was doing to see if anyone would call the police. Wow, I was dumbfounded. Would someone really do this shit. Then she went on
to say that her husband went out and took a picture and posted it on one of them neighborhood sites. That night 4
cars on that road were broken into.

A lady that went to the neighhorhood web site a day late says she saw that guy get in a van with Mich tags.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?