Alabama, you shit hole

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: Alabama, you shit hole

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

The Battle for Alabama's Soul

"They think we're a bunch of dumb rednecks. It's the story they're getting. It's not the truth," says David Hood, of how outsiders view Alabamians. Hood is a pioneer of the Muscle Shoals sound who played with Aretha Franklin and the Rolling Stones and provided the propulsive bass line on the Staple Singers' "I'll Take You There." "We have a lot of racism, but that’s true of the whole country,” Hood says in the tiny stone building at 3614 Jackson Highway visited by 50,000 people since the 2013 “Muscle Shoals” documentary. “There are crazy people, and there are ugly people everywhere.”

----------

Patterson Hood of the band Drive-By Truckers, who’s David’s son, has written of “the duality of the Southern thing” and of “The Three Great Alabama Icons”: Wallace, Bear Bryant and Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Ronnie Van Zant, who’s actually from Florida but co-wrote the earworm “Sweet Home Alabama.”

“The thing about Alabama that people forget and don’t realize is there have always been people like me there. I’m not the only angry liberal from Alabama,” he says. “It’s one thing to be a liberal in a place where that’s considered cool. It’s another thing to be a lifelong liberal in a place like Florence, Alabama. You’ve got to mean it.”

Then again, Hood is an angry liberal from Alabama who lives in Portland, Ore.

“I fought leaving so hard for so long,” he says. But he left.
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

pearlbeer wrote:There has to be a Cooley song in here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ec5239a2b7
now with video!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Waffle House patrons can be heroes, just for one day

The mysterious man in blue et al., dare I say, scattered smothered & covered Ben's back that night ;)

Got a wife got a family
Earn my livin' with my hand
Workin' the late shift at Waffle House
In downtown Birmingham

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

got smellier today. der trump is at the lsu-bama game. let's see him try that in california!