Facebook and 3dd

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Re: Facebook and 3dd

Post by Swamp »

Clams wrote: I never really got down in the gutter and tangled with him, so maybe I just never really knew how bad he really was.
Bingo! And like CY said cheap entertainment whenever he would reel someone in.
2 days in and this thread is on the third page.See how he livens up the board :lol:
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Clams

Post by Clams »

Swamp wrote: 2 days in and this thread is on the third page.See how he livens up the board :lol:
:lol:
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

scotto

Post by scotto »

Beebs wrote:Speaking of the 9b/3dd good old days, always good to see you around Scotto.
Thanks, man. I'm trying to enlarge my digital footprint.
Seriously, I always intend to be more active, I just never seem to get around to it. But, ask not what 3DD can do for you, etc.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I always imagined LJ as this guy, so I just chuckled at his racist dipshitted tomfuckery.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Iowan wrote:I always imagined LJ as this guy, so I just chuckled at his racist dipshitted tomfuckery.

:D :D :D
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Facebook has its uses and I use it, but on the question of where I get my DBT fix and where I get the simple enjoyment of talking w/ people I like and who have interesting things to say, it's like comparing Single A to the majors. Patterson's occasional contributions are a big plus on the FB side of the equation, kind of like Michael Jordan playing minor league baseball, but as far as i can see that's it. Among those who participate on FB but not here, there are only a few I wish also posted here. And even among those, I'd much rather see the return of some 3dd old-timers.

I can't say why participation here has fallen off so much but I don't see the facebook DBT pages as any kind of substantive substitute (obviously it covers some of the same ground so is literally a substitute to that extent). There's nothing we can do about people who don't come around anymore, but if you enjoyed this place as it was and want to continue enjoying it, the simple answer is to be more active. Because activity feeds on itself. That goes for me as much as anyone else.

The LJ portion of this thread is highly amusing and very nostalgic. In some ways I wish he were still around. I'm pretty sure I defended him as much or more than anybody at the time, but by the time he went, I don't think there was any doubt he had to go. I resisted that conclusion for as long as i could but in the end, being iconoclastic, amusing, different and admirably tenacious can only excuse so much behavior that nobody else could come close to getting away with.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

After learning that facebook and twitter had people in Trumps campaign headquaters showing his people how to get the most out of it, I feel so good I don't use their services and just maybe the non Clinton/Trump voters aren't the blame after all. And while Mrs S knows better, I have an acquaintance that feels the need to keep me informed :roll:
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?