Clothing mishaps and other fabric related boo boos

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

The Black Canary

Clothing mishaps and other fabric related boo boos

Post by The Black Canary »

Well as we know I am the reigning Queen of clothing mishaps (Janet Jackson ain't go nothing on this girl!!!)

So this morning, I am thinking "hey it is going to be hot, humid and hazy today, let's go with something light and breezy" fine I go with white skirt with blue, orange, beige and lime green floral pattern, nice light white cotton top.

Toss on the undergarments, hop in the car and hit 93 S get to the subway, hop on the subway only to find out that I am wearing a pink bra and the shirt is a lot more sheer than I had thought. Seriously I need to get better over head lighting!!!! in my bedroom

To add injury to insult, nothing matches the bra!!! Atleast if I was wearing a blue or even green one it would be a little bit more cohesive with the rest of my outfit (yea yea I know don't call what you wear an outfit) and then add in the purple toes and I am one step away from circus clown in training.

Thank goodness I only have red hair other wise I would stick out like a sore thumb :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I forgot to mention it was raining a bit, on my way from Back Bay station to my office, so let's just say the shirt got even sheerer by the time I got to the office. Some days it just does not pay to get out of bed UGH!!!
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Penny Lane

Re: Clothing mishaps and other fabric related boo boos

Post by Penny Lane »

Good to have you back (lol). Have you still not gotten that undergarment situation under control? :D :)
In my blood, there's gasoline..

The Black Canary

Penny Lane wrote:Good to have you back (lol). Have you still not gotten that undergarment situation under control? :D :)

Please I have hopped in the car, headed down the highway and realzied I wasn't wearing shoes and needed them. So I keep a couple of pairs of really ugly ones in the trunk for such emergencies!!!

The Black Canary

Yesterday I wore this black wrap dress, that requires fabric tape to keep it closed, in the front. Well the tape gave way in about 2 hours.

Ended up having to staple the front of the dress shut. Looked like a cocktail waitress by 9 am UGH!!!

The only missing was the pen behind my right ear, no wait that is where I usually stash one, never mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I was there for the infamous "wardrobe malfunction." My seat wasn't too great, but the boys were right there on the 50 yard line about 15 rows away :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

It really bothers me to see a white bra. If you're wearing a white shirt, please have on a flesh/nude/beige bra. For the love of god...please.
ok, I just had to say that.
NSFW

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

littlemamma wrote:It really bothers me to see a white bra. If you're wearing a white shirt, please have on a flesh/nude/beige bra. For the love of god...please.
ok, I just had to say that.

Thank you! And don't wear a white bra under a thin black shirt.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

mjk73

Post by mjk73 »

Why wear them to begin with?!?!? ;)

Ok on the guy side....There seems to be a major issue with attire for men of about 40ish to about 60ish. Jorts with mid calf white tube socks and cheap tennis shoes, a tucked in t-shirt or cheesy polo, a thick belt more then likly chorded, and a cell phone clip is NOT, I repeat NOT, a good look. If you swap out the socks and trainers for boat shoes, it's an even worse look. Guys please stop this look. I see if entirely too much at family events with my FIL. I thought is was just him but as I people watch more and more I'm seeing this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to often. There are at least 2 dozen offenses on the way to the highway from work. My office is 2 blocks from Busch Stadium so I see it all. maybe it's just a St Louis clothing mishap, but it's awful.

The Black Canary

mjk73 wrote:Why wear them to begin with?!?!? ;)

Ok on the guy side....There seems to be a major issue with attire for men of about 40ish to about 60ish. Jorts with mid calf white tube socks and cheap tennis shoes, a tucked in t-shirt or cheesy polo, a thick belt more then likly chorded, and a cell phone clip is NOT, I repeat NOT, a good look. If you swap out the socks and trainers for boat shoes, it's an even worse look. Guys please stop this look. I see if entirely too much at family events with my FIL. I thought is was just him but as I people watch more and more I'm seeing this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to often. There are at least 2 dozen offenses on the way to the highway from work. My office is 2 blocks from Busch Stadium so I see it all. maybe it's just a St Louis clothing mishap, but it's awful.

over 60 is ok?? no really you just describe my Papa Eagle, except he perfers ankle high socks, he wears leather belt too. I would rather see the phone clip than the fanny pack!!!! Besides Geeky is adorable, it gives us women something to work on. You know the old expression "I love you just the way you are, now change!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scotto

Post by scotto »

I'm still amazed to see back-hatters.

mjk73

Post by mjk73 »

The Black Canary wrote:

over 60 is ok?? no really you just describe my Papa Eagle, except he perfers ankle high socks, he wears leather belt too. I would rather see the phone clip than the fanny pack!!!! Besides Geeky is adorable, it gives us women something to work on. You know the old expression "I love you just the way you are, now change!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh, the dreaded fanny pack. Yes, see that one often. It's a very fine line between adorably geeky and hopeless.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

40ish to 60ish??!!
You just took a swing at a good many people on this board!!
I'm closer to the 60ish than the 40ish side of that, and I'll fight before I tuck a shirt in!
(mutters) fuckin punk kids ;) :lol:

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

This thread, while not useless, would be WAY more interesting with pictures.
Not forever, just for now.

mjk73

Post by mjk73 »

4sooner wrote:

40ish to 60ish??!!
I'm closer to the 60ish than the 40ish side of that, and I'll fight before I tuck a shirt in!

Notice I never said anyone on this board in particular. I'm going to assume most of us are spiffy dressers. And I'm far to close to the 40ish age bracket then I want to be.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

mjk73 wrote:
4sooner wrote:

40ish to 60ish??!!

Notice I never said anyone on this board in particular. I'm going to assume most of us are spiffy dressers. And I'm far to close to the 40ish age bracket then I want to be.
Way way better to get there than to not get there sonny. 8-)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Chances are your FIL doesn't give a fuck what you think, to which I say "good for him."
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

beantownbubba wrote:

Chances are your FIL doesn't give a fuck what you think, to which I say "good for him."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Having a broken heart wears you out.

The Black Canary

Whilst this is not a clothing issue, but french pedicures just creep me the F out. It looks like toe nails would look after death. You know when the skin starts to mummify and shrink back and it makes the nails look like they have grown EW and double ICK!!!

Oh and poorly fitting bra. You weren't born with four boobies so DO NOT wear a bra that gives you this look!!!!

Oh and eyebrows that are waxed and plucked within an inch of their life!!! What is the point of this?!?!?! Please explain what is so appealing about having eyebrows thinner than a Vulcan's??? I really dislike that look, women look like they are walking around completely surprised when they have those paper thin eyebrows!!!!!

The Black Canary

one of my BIGGEST peeves is IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WALK IN HIGH HEELS THEN DON'T

Practice at home or go back to flats. I see more and more females today trying to that "next model" thing and it is just awful!!! Sad and funny all at the same time.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

The Black Canary wrote:one of my BIGGEST peeves is IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WALK IN HIGH HEELS THEN DON'T

Practice at home or go back to flats. I see more and more females today trying to that "next model" thing and it is just awful!!! Sad and funny all at the same time.

Julia Roberts. still can't walk in high heels.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

The Black Canary wrote:one of my BIGGEST peeves is IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WALK IN HIGH HEELS THEN DON'T

LOL...i definitely have issues in high heels.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

I'd recommend some boots, Penny. You'd rock the fuck out of some boots.
NSFW

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

littlemamma wrote:I'd recommend some boots, Penny. You'd rock the fuck out of some boots.

which kind?

do you think i could pull off cowboy boots? i've envisioned myself in them..

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Penny Lane wrote:
littlemamma wrote:I'd recommend some boots, Penny. You'd rock the fuck out of some boots.

which kind?

do you think i could pull off cowboy boots? i've envisioned myself in them..

I'm sure some people around here have envisioned you in them and nothing else! ;)
yeah, maybe a not so pointy pair. we'll virtual shop sometime.
NSFW

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

I'm sure some people around here have envisioned you in them and nothing else! ;)

:lol:
Last edited by bovine knievel on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

The Black Canary

bovine knievel wrote:

+1

+2 but with clothes, sorry PL but you are not my type :oops: ;) I have this thing for tall partners ;) ;)

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

The Black Canary wrote:
+2 but with clothes, sorry PL but you are not my type :oops: ;) I have this thing for tall partners ;) ;)

w/these boots on, i could be a good 5'8"!

The Black Canary

Penny Lane wrote:
The Black Canary wrote:

w/these boots on, i could be a good 5'8"!

still not tall enough. I am 5'9" in flat feet sweetie!!!! And I like to wear 3-5 inch heels myself!!! But thank you for the offer :D :D :D

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Clams

Post by Clams »

bovine knievel wrote:Image

That must be Penny Lane
If you don't run you rust