Hurricane Harvey

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

pearlbeer

Hurricane Harvey

Post by pearlbeer »

I live in Austin, but spent some time living in Houston in the past. I travelled this week to Houston to help out, heading back again tomorrow.

There just isn't any way to accurately describe the devastation. Early estimates are that at least 40,000 homes have been significantly flooded. I'm guessing the final tally will be at least double that. There is just water EVERYWHERE. Most folks can not yet return to their homes because the water levels have not yet receded. What you are seeing on the news is just a glimpse. It is just...awful.

It seems most of the search and rescue is complete, but the rebuilding effort will take a very, very long time. These people, from Corpus Christi to Houston to Beaumont and beyond are in serious trouble and will be in serious need for a very long time.

I'm encouraging everyone to GIVE. Give money until it hurts, then try to give a little more. The recovery effort will be massive and will take so, so long. I'm happy to provide a list of charities, but honestly...I don't think it matters. These people need all the help they can get in any way possible. It is just so horrible.

You just can't believe the water. You just could never imagine it.

This is Interstate 10, between Beaumont and Houston. But, there was and still is water like this everywhere.

Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Kudzu Guillotine

Re: Hurricane Harvey

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Living on the coast of North Carolina from the early 90's until the mid 00's, we experienced more hurricanes than I could ever accurately recount but it was enough for my family to eventually part with property that had been in the family since the early 70's. That said, I have never seen anything like the devastation wrought by Hurricane Harvey. My heart aches for everyone that has been affected by this storm.

roland

Post by roland »

FYI- Walmart is double matching every dollar donated to the Red Cross until 9/6 in stores or their website. You can also text "Harvey" to 90999 and $10 will be billed to your cell bill, direct to Red Cross.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Beth heard a woman being interviewed about the extreme shortage of clothing for the victims including underwear and recommended this

http://moneysavingmom.com/2017/08/donat ... arvey.html
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved