NFL 2017

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: NFL 2017

Post by beantownbubba »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Clams wrote:Enough about the glorious home crowd. A hundred knuckleheads cannot define a region of millions. Let's get down to X's and O's and match ups. I like the birds.
Eli Manning is not walking through that locker room door.
Just as long as david tyree stays the fuck away.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

cortez the killer wrote:
Clams wrote:Let's get down to X's and O's and match ups. I like the birds.
It’s only a matter of time till the NFL Network comes calling.
:D
If you don't run you rust

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

beantownbubba wrote:
tinnitus photography wrote:
Clams wrote:Enough about the glorious home crowd. A hundred knuckleheads cannot define a region of millions. Let's get down to X's and O's and match ups. I like the birds.
Eli Manning is not walking through that locker room door.
Just as long as david tyree stays the fuck away.
tyree was only in one of those games...

goddamn do i hate bubblehead eli...

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Exactly. For every bone-headed video or news bit trashing Philly fans, I have a bunch of classy moments in response. One popular one that I recall was Mario Lemieux's first game back after his Hodgkins-Lymphoma bout. (Keep in mind that he was a PENGUIN!) That first game was in Philly and once he got on the ice, he got one of the hugest standing-o's you will ever see. Total tear-jerker.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Elton John announced his farewell tour yesterday. I used to be a big fan until he started writing songs about Philadelphia.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Swamp wrote:Elton John announced his farewell tour yesterday. I used to be a big fan until he started writing songs about Philadelphia.

He should team up with Slayer for a co-headlining farewell tour. That would make for an interesting crowd. You could feed the Elton fans to Slayer & their fans. Help stamp out world hunger!

Clams

Post by Clams »

I'm guessing that it's not that big a deal in New England anymore when the Pats are in the Super Bowl. As far as Philly however, these opportunities don't come around very often and I can tell you that the city is absolutely vibrating with energy right now. People aren't just stoked, they're STOKED. It will be crazy if we win, and I do believe we will.

And in other news, some woman ate 501 chicken wings in front of 20,000 lunatics in South Philly this morning to win Wing Bowl 26.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Clams wrote:It will be crazy if we win, and I do believe we will.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

phungi

Post by phungi »

Clams wrote:I'm guessing that it's not that big a deal in New England anymore when the Pats are in the Super Bowl. As far as Philly however, these opportunities don't come around very often and I can tell you that the city is absolutely vibrating with energy right now. People aren't just stoked, they're STOKED. It will be crazy if we win, and I do believe we will.

And in other news, some woman ate 501 chicken wings in front of 20,000 lunatics in South Philly this morning to win Wing Bowl 26.
For those unfamiliar with Wing Bowl, it is one of the largest competitive eating competitions in the US, originating in 1993 when a Sports Radio host decided to host an annual Super Bowl event because the Eagles weren't going to be playing. Here are NSFW photos from this year's WIng Bowl, which occurs in a packed-to-capacity Wells Fargo Center. Yes, folks, Philadelphians show up at 5:00 AM to get sauced and watch a wing-eating contest (or a circus), complete with scantily-clad "Wingettes". This year's winner is a 125lb freaky looking professional eater who ate 501 wings in 30 minutes, including 46 in the last 5 minutes.

I attended once, in 2004, last time the Eagles went to the Super Bowl, and it makes Homecoming seem like high-tea with the Queen.

ImageImage
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Holy shit.

I'm not talking about wings either.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Iowan wrote:Holy shit.

I'm not talking about wings either.
the other white portion perhaps? :lol:

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba & tinninitus, hope you enjoy the game today. i can't root for the patriots as am still hurting from the game against my seahawks. i really admire chris long, too, so rooting for philly. we want to see a drunken happy riot in philly, not a drunken angry riot haha. i did enjoy the 2 bills on espn 30 for 30. they almost made me like belichek even with the unfortunate bon jovi factor. it certainly humanized him a bit. hope we all at least get a good game out of the deal. am happy the sheila e talked timberlake out of using a prince hologram. in wrestling terms, that would've been a cheap pop. i don't mind justin timberlake for the sort of things he does & he's a good performer. i just wish they would get back to rock on the halftime show. i watched prince & u2's performances yesterday (the 2 best IMHO. honorable mentions to tom petty, bruce springsteen, paul mccartney, the stones). some worthy candidates: metallica, pearl jam, foo fighters. all except maybe foos have played at various games before. metallica have probably been best at it. their live sandman during mariano's final game was pretty amazing. maybe part of the problem with the nfl is they've lost sight of who their fans are. i still luv the game though. so, happy super bowl to all!

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

sorry clams. forgot about you! have fun today. i'm picturing a horde of dog faced zombies tonight whatever way it goes.... :D

Clams

Post by Clams »

Half time. Oh my.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:Half time. Oh my.
the happy drunken riot looking good at half time. best not think about last year's super bowl...

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:Half time. Oh my.
x2

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

is it me or was that show like really boring? metallica, i say!

Clams

Post by Clams »

This game is gonna go down to the wire and people on Philadelphia are going to have heart attacks.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Clams wrote:This game is gonna go down to the wire and people on Philadelphia are going to have heart attacks.
Cheesesteaks strike again!
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Kraft>Belichek>Brady>Satan

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The Patriots jealousy greatly amuses me, and I'm not even a Patriots fan
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Clams

Post by Clams »

OMG OMG OMG

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Pretty great, congrats to Clams, phungi and the rest of the Philly folks

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

This is gonna make for the best episode of Sunny ever.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Been a long time coming 8-)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

It ended the way it started, with a suspect defense giving up over 40 points. Yikes! All credit to the Eagles. They went out and won the game on the field with great play, stellar coaching and making the plays that had to be made, right down to the last hail mary in the end zone.

The Eagles now have a legit QB controversy. Welcome to winning :)

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:It ended the way it started, with a suspect defense giving up over 40 points. Yikes! All credit to the Eagles. They went out and won the game on the field with great play, stellar coaching and making the plays that had to be made, right down to the last hail mary in the end zone.

The Eagles now have a legit QB controversy. Welcome to winning :)
I agree with everything but the QB controversy part. Wentz is clearly the starter next year. The only controversy will be whether they trade Foles or keep him as the back up

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Still shocked. The Eagles are now finally champs. Flyers: you are now on the clock- been waaaayyy too long.

Clams

Post by Clams »

:D :D :D