NFL 2017

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: NFL 2017

Post by Clams »

Iowan wrote:Fuck
Lots of football left to play
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

phungi

Post by phungi »

Hard to believe I am saying this with 10mins left in the 3rd quarter, but you can put a fork in the Vikings, they are DONE
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Clams is getting some Midwest beers.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Iowan wrote:Clams is getting some Midwest beers.
And a double shipment from fuckin Boston. :D

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Clams wrote:
damn it!!!

Skol!

phungi

Post by phungi »

Clams wrote:
I'll (come over and) drink to that!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Clams wrote:
damn it!!!

Skol!
That was last week. What about next week?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

Clams wrote:
damn it!!!

Skol!
8-)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I'm assuming and HOPING that Minny forgot to show up yesterday because if the Eagles are actually that good the Pats will have their hands full, to say the least.

OTOH, the Patriots continue to be a pleasure to watch. They were outplayed early but overall simply played really well for the 60 minutes it takes to win games. Lesser teams might have been deflated by Cooks dropping that wide open long bomb at what appeared to be a key junction or by Lewis's fumble at what was clearly a key junction, but the Pats kept it together even w/out Gronk (and let's not forget Edelman). Constant theme: Teams beat themselves as much as they are beaten by their opponents. The penalty differential yesterday was key, both in total and the impact of the crucial moments at which Jax got flagged.

James Harrison is looking like a really good last minute addition. :) He doesn't have to play a lot to have a big impact, which is a good thing considering his age. Memories of the late, lamented Junior Seau in his late career Patriots incarnation.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

The Vikings definitely shit the bed, but Philly was playing really well too. I haven't watched Philly enough to know if they're that good on a sustainable basis.

I'd be surprised if they beat the Patriots.

tinnitus photography

Hightower’s loss is more impactful than Edelman’s, IMO.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

tinnitus photography wrote:Hightower’s loss is more impactful than Edelman’s, IMO.
I agree but Edelman + Gronk is more like Edelman x Gronk. And I was thinking about the offense when i wrote, which I admit was not an accurate reflection of the game because while the defense may not have done a complete 180, it was at least a 150.

phungi

Post by phungi »

Iowan wrote:The Vikings definitely shit the bed, but Philly was playing really well too. I haven't watched Philly enough to know if they're that good on a sustainable basis.

I'd be surprised if they beat the Patriots.
Philly Defense has been solid all year, and especially tight in the last two months

Clams

Post by Clams »

Bring on Brady and the fucking Patriots!!

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Clams wrote:Bring on Brady and the fucking Patriots!!
Go get 'em. PLEASE.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

When Brady fucks, he fucks Giselle Bundchen (i assume). Perhaps you should rephrase?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
When Brady fucks, he fucks Giselle Bundchen (i assume). Perhaps you should rephrase?
on a bed covered in $100 bills....bwhahahahahahahaha :D

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

From today's Boston Globe website, apparently (possibly?) reprinted from a Philly paper/website:

"Patriots and Eagles fans have one thing in common: Bad reputations."

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

beantownbubba wrote:From today's Boston Globe website, apparently (possibly?) reprinted from a Philly paper/website:

"Patriots and Eagles fans have one thing in common: Bad reputations."
Who's Joan Jet and the Black Hearts?
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I hope that people in Minneapolis fuck with Eagles fans in a Minnesota Nice fashion.

For example, I have a buddy considering singing up to drive for Uber for the Super Bowl week, and his plan is to drop Eagles fans off in the wrong place. Doing things like giving bad directions, recommend people go to terrible restaurants, etc would be kind of a funny pay back for the (quite literal) assault that was delivered on Minnesota fans last week.

Nothing against our resident Eagle fans, but I was pretty appalled by the videos making the round from the Sunday. I've seen the occasional tossed beer can at a heated rivalry game, but they were just raining beer cans at two Minnesota fans whose only sin was walking down the sidewalk in opposing team gear, and just berating, abusing, and in general acting like fucking animals towards anything in purple. I've traveled to games at about 15 different colleges, as a road fan, and I've never seen anything on that scale, or even approaching it.

tinnitus photography

beantownbubba wrote:
Clams wrote: And a double shipment from fuckin Boston. :D
damn it!!!

Skol!
That was last week. What about next week?
i am not gonna go double or nothing again... if i lose, the postage costs will absolutely kill me.

Clams

Post by Clams »

tinnitus photography wrote: i am not gonna go double or nothing again... if i lose, the postage costs will absolutely kill me.
Given the quantity of beer you owe me, perhaps a shipping container would make more sense...

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Iowan wrote:I hope that people in Minneapolis fuck with Eagles fans in a Minnesota Nice fashion.

For example, I have a buddy considering singing up to drive for Uber for the Super Bowl week, and his plan is to drop Eagles fans off in the wrong place. Doing things like giving bad directions, recommend people go to terrible restaurants, etc would be kind of a funny pay back for the (quite literal) assault that was delivered on Minnesota fans last week.

Nothing against our resident Eagle fans, but I was pretty appalled by the videos making the round from the Sunday. I've seen the occasional tossed beer can at a heated rivalry game, but they were just raining beer cans at two Minnesota fans whose only sin was walking down the sidewalk in opposing team gear, and just berating, abusing, and in general acting like fucking animals towards anything in purple. I've traveled to games at about 15 different colleges, as a road fan, and I've never seen anything on that scale, or even approaching it.
In the Eagles fans’ defense, I don’t think I’ve seen anything like the dumbassery displayed by NFL fans this year, across the spectrum (though I will admit I’m oddly fascinated with the Bills Mafia).
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

tinnitus photography

Clams wrote:
tinnitus photography wrote: i am not gonna go double or nothing again... if i lose, the postage costs will absolutely kill me.
Given the quantity of beer you owe me, perhaps a shipping container would make more sense...
pulling into your driveway soon:

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
Iowan wrote:I hope that people in Minneapolis fuck with Eagles fans in a Minnesota Nice fashion.

In the Eagles fans’ defense, I don’t think I’ve seen anything like the dumbassery displayed by NFL fans this year, across the spectrum (though I will admit I’m oddly fascinated with the Bills Mafia).
I'm in the same boat. I think the difference with the Bills Mafia is that their insanity is less about attacking opposing fans and spreading vitriol, and more about an unhinged celebration of themselves and their own insanity. It's like Mad Max, but it's just not as mean spirited.

phungi

Post by phungi »

Keeping it classy, here in Philly...

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

phungi wrote:Keeping it classy, here in Philly...

I chuckled. I'm still rooting for the Pats.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Enough about the glorious home crowd. A hundred knuckleheads cannot define a region of millions. Let's get down to X's and O's and match ups. I like the birds.

tinnitus photography

Clams wrote:Enough about the glorious home crowd. A hundred knuckleheads cannot define a region of millions. Let's get down to X's and O's and match ups. I like the birds.
Eli Manning is not walking through that locker room door.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Clams wrote:Let's get down to X's and O's and match ups. I like the birds.
It’s only a matter of time till the NFL Network comes calling.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM