NFL 2017

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: NFL 2017

Post by chuckrh »

Just found out getting the Raiders game in the early slot tomorrow. A fine day of football. Woo hoo!

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

I wish I was surprised by the Titans disappointing me to start the season, but I’m almost numb to it at this point.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

D'oh!!!!!

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Skol!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Didn't see the whole game last nite, but from what I saw the Vikes looked good.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

beantownbubba wrote:Didn't see the whole game last nite, but from what I saw the Vikes looked good.
My expectations were exceeded.

It just goes to show how much of a difference offensive line play can make on your entire team. The offense was able to run the ball, control the clock, give Bradford time to be absolutely lethal, and keep the defense well rested.

Granted, the Saints D is garbage, but that was light years ahead of last year.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Iowan wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Didn't see the whole game last nite, but from what I saw the Vikes looked good.

It just goes to show how much of a difference offensive line play can make on your entire team. The offense was able to run the ball, control the clock, give Bradford time to be absolutely lethal, and keep the defense well rested.

The last team I said "looked good" was this year's Cleveland Indians, 20 in a row & counting. Just sayin'... :)

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

beantownbubba wrote:
Iowan wrote:

The last team I said "looked good" was this year's Cleveland Indians, 20 in a row & counting. Just sayin'... :)
Let's hope Bubba the Clairvoyant strikes again!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Go Hawks & Raiders! playing SF & NYJ respectively, should be a good week. really looking forward to ATL/GB tonight.

Sterling Bigmouth

Titans need a win today, can’t start the season 0-2 (especially with a loss to a division rival) and expect to have a great chance at making the playoffs.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Titans need a win today, can’t start the season 0-2 (especially with a loss to a division rival) and expect to have a great chance at making the playoffs.
& you have the Seahawks coming in next week....

Sterling Bigmouth

chuckrh wrote:
Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Titans need a win today, can’t start the season 0-2 (especially with a loss to a division rival) and expect to have a great chance at making the playoffs.
& you have the Seahawks coming in next week....
Luckily the 2nd half of the Titans schedule is so easy that they should be able to waltz into the playoffs as division winners as long as they don’t have someone like Mike Mularkey at head coach.

Wait...

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

The Vikings kind of need Bradford, I think.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

quadruple header. whoop whoop!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

That Brady kid can play some football. :D

And barring injury that Watson kid is the real deal too. I don't know if there are keeper leagues in fantasy football, but if so, I'd want this guy for the long term.

I'm banking the win for sure but damn it's starting to get a bit annoying that I don't recognize most of the names on defense for the Pats. It's a very strange way to watch a game.

Sterling Bigmouth

Just got home from the Titans game, these guys aren’t too bad!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Just got home from the Titans game, these guys aren’t too bad!
i'm crying in my coffee in a haze of cig smoke this morning.

Sterling Bigmouth

chuckrh wrote:
Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Just got home from the Titans game, these guys aren’t too bad!
i'm crying in my coffee in a haze of cig smoke this morning.
Interesting crowd at Nissan Stadium yesterday. Seahawks traveled well, but not quite as much as I expected. On the other hand, they were LOUD the entire game. Would have thought the crowd was split 50/50 just from that.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Is Tom Brady Donald Trump's Walter Cronkite? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... ost&wpmm=1

That 6 names in a row thing is sorta cool. :)

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Seahawks finally wake up. Whew!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:Seahawks finally wake up. Whew!
Watched a bit of the game to see Jacoby Brissett, who I think may have a future. Seahawks did not look good when I was watching but obviously figured something out.

Meanwhile, Stephon Gilmore is quickly turning out to be one of the worst Patriots signings in recent memory. If they had anyone else who could backpedal I wouldn't be surprised if they just outright cut him (seriously, that's the "Patriot way") but they really don't have anyone. While the loss stung big time let's not forget that Brady was once again outstanding. He missed a couple of throws but he also brought the team back from 14 down w/in something like 9 minutes. I was glad to see this am that one of the Globe writers started the drumbeat for more Deon Lewis. Before the big injury he had amazing skills & speed and he's shown flashes of his pre-injury form; I'd like to see him get a real shot at serious playing time. Right now, the Pats' biggest saving grace is the division they play in. No reason to panic yet but sooner or later "we'll just have to outscore the bastards" becomes an untenable strategy. Belichek has certainly earned the right to do it his way, but even he can't win w/out players.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

i listened to some of the game on the radio during the drive to Logan, and i thought Zolak was going to have an aneurysm about Gilmore's play.

Sterling Bigmouth

I’m not a big fan of Colin Kaepernick, but after watching a half of Jay Cutler vs. Matt Cassel, it’s embarrassing the guy hasn’t been signed yet.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Earl Thomas is the man! sunday's line: 8 tackles, 1 int & a Bruce Lee move on Gurley man, knocking the ball free on the goal line. That's the 2nd time he's done that against the Rams.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Good to have the W, but it's obvious that Bradford probably won't be healthy again this year, and certainly doesn't have the durability to build around.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Okay it was just the middle of an early regular season game, but circumstances aside, was the reversal of the Jets touchdown (and calling it a turnover as well!) the worst call in the history of calls? Unbelievably bad. No words. My sympathies to Jets fans everywhere. I believe the Jets still would have lost but they certainly earned the opportunity to prove me wrong. What's the point of replay if it doesn't make for better, more accurate decisions? Sheesh.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Vikings cruise into first place in the NFC North, and Rogers is done for the year. Certainly not excited about someone getting hurt, but the Vikes are in a good spot.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

beantownbubba wrote:Okay it was just the middle of an early regular season game, but circumstances aside, was the reversal of the Jets touchdown (and calling it a turnover as well!) the worst call in the history of calls? Unbelievably bad. No words. My sympathies to Jets fans everywhere. I believe the Jets still would have lost but they certainly earned the opportunity to prove me wrong. What's the point of replay if it doesn't make for better, more accurate decisions? Sheesh.
So I guess Kraft will be calling up The Donald and asking him to lay off
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Wow. #47 for the dolphins is one hell of an asshole. Watching w/ one eye and no sound in a bar but man that hit on Flacco was fucked up. Hope the dude was thrown out but didn’t see.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

beantownbubba wrote:Wow. #47 for the dolphins is one hell of an asshole. Watching w/ one eye and no sound in a bar but man that hit on Flacco was fucked up. Hope the dude was thrown out but didn’t see.
That was scary shit. Flacco was knocked the fuck out. He (Kiki Alonso) wasn’t ejected as the penalty wasn’t considered flagrant. I think the fines will be severe and deservedly so..
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley