Personal Hearing Protection For Children

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Cubfan06

Personal Hearing Protection For Children

Post by Cubfan06 »

Hello Everyone.

Both my family and a group of our friends had booked cabins in Wisconsin for an extended Labor Day weekend vacation. One of our friends had discovered that Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls, and Communist Daughter are playing a late afternoon show outdoors at UW's Women's Soccer stadium on Sunday 9/4, which is only 45 minutes from the lake we have booked cabins on. We figured it would be convenient as we can hang towards the back of the field with our kiddos while the adults can take in some live music in the late afternoon/early evening.

In our group text chain, none of us are very certain about the appropriate steps to take in ensuring our children's personal hearing protection. As I know there are a lot of musicians and concert attenders here with kids, I really value your opinion. Our group's children's ages range from about 2 to 10 years old.

I will be boarding a plane for Johannesburg this evening, so I may not respond back to this thread, however please note that I will review this. Thank you much for valued suggestions in advance!

Smitty

Re: Personal Hearing Protection For Children

Post by Smitty »

We've used adjustable ear muffs that we got at Harbor Freight and the worked great on our kids who range from 2 to 8 years old. They're actually meant for adults but they fit snug and are seriously noise canceling.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The issue is much less acute at outdoor shows. If you keep the kids towards the back you're more than halfway home right there. Looks like jonicont's link will address the rest of the issue but fwiw there is at least one pretty comprehensive thread in this forum on the subject.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Smitty wrote:We've used adjustable ear muffs that we got at Harbor Freight and the worked great on our kids who range from 2 to 8 years old. They're actually meant for adults but they fit snug and are seriously noise canceling.
x2

Beebs is not a ragey man

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

we've used the my T muff style for both of our girls and had good success with them. The biggest issue is just getting them to keep the damb things on! Kudos to you for thinking about this, as someone who has tinnitus I wish I had taken better care of my hearing earlier in life. :cry:

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Beebs wrote:
Smitty wrote:We've used adjustable ear muffs that we got at Harbor Freight and the worked great on our kids who range from 2 to 8 years old. They're actually meant for adults but they fit snug and are seriously noise canceling.
x2

Yeah these type x 1000 compared to earplugs. Plugs + kids are a bitch in my experience.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

I didn't have the chance while I was away, but I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughtful responses. It is very helpful.