Shonna questions for RolanK

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Shonna questions for RolanK

Post by Swamp »

1. Do you remember the first time we saw her and where we were?
2. Was it love at first sight?
3. Is she still with you?
4. What is your favorite song to sing with her?
5. Do you grease her up with chicken fat?
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Re: Shonna questions for RolanK

Post by RolanK »

1. Yes and yes. One of the first days of my first HC 2012. You and Mrs Swamp were there. There are pics on the Internet.
2. Well, at least by the first strum, which happened not many minutes after the first sighting I believe. I remember vaguely someone else had their hands on her when I first entered the room.
3. We will never part.
4. Since I am such a terrible singer I let her make the sounds when we're together.
5. We use cod liver oil over here.

A couple of anecdotes
- The receipt labels her as "The Tucker Slope D Acoustic".
- Fretboard inlays and headstock logo design I was told is by Wes Freed. Although not as extensive as on the Cooleybird acoustic, still very cool.
- Given the fact that HC2012 was my first DBT show, I never saw DBT live with Ms. Tucker. She had "left" the band just a few weeks before. Barbe was doing duty on Bass those shows.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Swamp

Re: Shonna questions for RolanK

Post by Swamp »

RolanK wrote:1. Yes and yes. One of the first days of my first HC 2012. You and Mrs Swamp were there. There are pics on the Internet.
2. Well, at least by the first strum, which happened not many minutes after the first sighting I believe. I remember vaguely someone else had their hands on her when I first entered the room.
3. We will never part.
4. Since I am such a terrible singer I let her make the sounds when we're together.
5. We use cod liver oil over here.

A couple of anecdotes
- The receipt labels her as "The Tucker Slope D Acoustic".
- Fretboard inlays and headstock logo design I was told is by Wes Freed. Although not as extensive as on the Cooleybird acoustic, still very cool.
- Given the fact that HC2012 was my first DBT show, I never saw DBT live with Ms. Tucker. She had "left" the band just a few weeks before. Barbe was doing duty on Bass those shows.
Nice answers! Somewhere in Mrs Swamps archive is video of our tour.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?