1 question for Sterling Bigmouth

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

1 question for Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Swamp »

Why do you think we need another Tennessee fan around here?

:lol:
Btw, welcome to the board
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Sterling Bigmouth

Re: 1 question for Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Well when you notice the message boards for your favorite band is covered up with Bammers (even if they’re the harmless northern Alabama folk) you feel the need to balance it out a bit!

Hope you’re ready for September 16th! :mrgreen:
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Well when you notice the message boards for your favorite band is covered up with Bammers (even if they’re the harmless northern Alabama folk) you feel the need to balance it out a bit!
I like the way you think, we might get along after all :lol:
Sterling Bigmouth wrote: Hope you’re ready for September 16th! :mrgreen:
No worries the Gators have been known to win titles is 2 seperate sports in the same year and I have a good feeling about this years team, so I'm calling it right now...........Yall feel free to pyle on in January :lol:

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Sterling bigmouth,
I met my wife in Knoxville on Tennessee-Alabama weekend. She's a huge UT fan, and I pull for them as well. Our dog was named "Knox"!

Swamp, you may be interested to know I went to high school with a guy who played for University of Florida in the '90's. Erron Kinney; he went on to play pro ball for the Titans. In high school he was an extremely nice guy...when I was a junior and he was a senior we had psychology and trigonometry together.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

My son and I went to most of the gator games through out the 90's. We had gone to Nashville for a Vandy game and were staying at the same hotel as the gators. My wife had made this trip and was headed down to the lobby to get some stamps. When the elevator door opened there were 6 big black guys standing there. She looked in and said "yall gators". They laughed as they answerd her and it was high 5's all around as she stepped in. Erron was one of those guys :D
On a side note, I just noticed your location as Covington. Off and on throughout the 60's I lived right down the road in Millington
(NAS Memphis)

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

I'd like to know

- Have you ever been to Salford?
- Have you ever struck again?
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

dogstar wrote:I'd like to know

- Have you ever been to Salford?
- Have you ever struck again?
That's 2 questions :lol:

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Do Tennessee fans ever get sick of Rocky Top?
Let the outside air in

Sterling Bigmouth

schlanky wrote:Do Tennessee fans ever get sick of Rocky Top?
I can only speak from my own experience, but if the only two songs left on this Earth were Zip City and Rocky Top I wouldn’t be shedding any tears :D

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
I can only speak from my own experience, but if the only two songs left on this Earth were Zip City and Rocky Top I wouldn’t be shedding any tears :D
That wouldn't be the worst choice of two songs, if you could only have two.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:

Was just wondering because every time I see a Tennessee game, I have it stuck in my head for a week or so.
Let the outside air in

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I would be perfectly content with never hearing Rocky Top ever again, or Sweet Home Alabama for that matter.

But if I could choose one song to never hear again other than "If the South Would've Won" it would be "Eye of the Tiger", which played over the intercom in between classes when I was in high school.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Caution Thread Derail Ahead.

If I could never hear one song again I think it would be Old Time Rock 'n Roll by Bob Seger. I used to work in a pool hall / bowling alley and this song was on the jukebox. Every single person that put money in the juke box played that song. I think I need therapy. :mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Sterling Bigmouth

Rocky wrote:Caution Thread Derail Ahead.

If I could never hear one song again I think it would be Old Time Rock 'n Roll by Bob Seger. I used to work in a pool hall / bowling alley and this song was on the jukebox. Every single person that put money in the juke box played that song. I think I need therapy. :mrgreen:
Honestly I’m the same way with Hank Jr’s Family Tradition. Used to live next door to a bar that I frequented enough to hear that song about 800 times a day.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

I used to have a rule that if I was in a bar and heard both "Brown Eyed Girl" and "Margaritaville," it was time to leave. One night, I heard a shitty cover band do a medley of the two.

In the Bog Seger category, I'll go with Katmandu as the song I never want to hear again.
Let the outside air in

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Honestly I’m the same way with Hank Jr’s Family Tradition. Used to live next door to a bar that I frequented enough to hear that song about 800 times a day.
If I lived next door to a bar I would be a mess. :D
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

I spent most of my spare time my last two years of high school (1994-1996) at the local pool hall, and there were a few songs that I heard so many times that I still cringe 20+ years later when I hear them. Most of the songs sucked anyways, but one particular favorite of that crowd was "You Don't Know How it Feels" by Petty. I'm just now getting to where I can listen to that song again. Other favorites of the patrons were "Let Her Cry" and "Hold My Hand" by Hootie, which I absolutely hated. As a matter of fact, in all the time I spent there, the only time I almost got whipped was when some dude had Let Her Cry playing on repeat and after about the 5th straight time of it playing, I unplugged the jukebox....needless to say that didn't go over well.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

I love it when a plan comes together :lol: I didn't plan it but to have the mention of Rocky Top remind people of songs they hate.
Yall never let me down :D
Because of something my son read on the internet we like to go in a bar and put "Let There be Rock" on the jukebox followed up with "The Boys are Back in Town" 8 times. We never stay for all of them to play :lol: but I do tell the waitress to spread the word around.