Recipe questions LBRod

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Recipe questions LBRod

Post by Swamp »

Wolf kinda beat me to the punch but you were next on my list with the same or related questions. My question first.
1. How to make the perfect butter?
wolf wrote:i'm making cannabutter with a half once of Kush. how much butter should i put in a box of store bought browie mix?
3. Do you really need kush or will any ole brand work?
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Smitty

Re: Recipe questions LBRod

Post by Smitty »

Do we have to use SWIM/SWIY acronyms in this thread?
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

I looked up a recipe on line. This one will work just fine.
http://www.thecannabist.co/2013/12/27/kitchenweed/1244/
I do make mine weaker than most, because I like eating cookies.
I prefer sativa strains for regular use, and cooking, your mileage may vary.
I would suggest cooking with whatever you like to smoke.
Mostly it is trial and error, as every batch is different. It's not rocket surgery.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

i basically used that recipe. i decarbed it and made the butter. made the mistake of sopping up some stray butter with bread after done making it. it was a long night and morning

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Smitty wrote:Do we have to use SWIM/SWIY acronyms in this thread?
fuck that shit
Beebs is not a ragey man

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Beebs wrote:
fuck that shit
Plausible deniability, right?

Lol, no it was a joke. I thought that was the dumbest and most nonsensical shit back over a decade ago cruising certain forums.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Decarbing the pot is key! Also, here is the reference I use to determine the mg of THC per dose/serving.
Every 1 gram of cannabis bud has 1,000mg of dry weight. If a strain has about 10% THC, ten percent of 1,000mg would be 100mg. So for cooking or baking at home, it is safe to assume that a gram of cannabis contains at least 100mg THC.

Using Catalano’s dosing measurement formula, you do the math accordingly to find out how much THC per serving. Take the amount of ground marijuana, convert it to milligrams and divide it by the recipe yield to determine a per-serving dose of THC. A starting dosage for beginners is 5 milligrams per serving (the Colorado-mandated serving size for marijuana-infused edibles is 10mg THC). Three grams of ground marijuana equals 300mg THC. 300mg divided by the recipe yield, (a classic cookie recipe makes 60 cookies) equals 5mg per cookie. If you want to be even more cautious with your at-home cannabutter cooking, 1.5 grams (150mg) marijuana divided into a 60-cookie recipe will yield 2.5mg a serving.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Smitty wrote:
Beebs wrote:
fuck that shit
Plausible deniability, right?

Lol, no it was a joke. I thought that was the dumbest and most nonsensical shit back over a decade ago cruising certain forums.
I'm sure you were just asking for a friend, anyway. 8-)
Beebs is not a ragey man

Flea

Post by Flea »

LBRod wrote:I looked up a recipe on line. This one will work just fine.
http://www.thecannabist.co/2013/12/27/kitchenweed/1244/
I do make mine weaker than most, because I like eating cookies.
I prefer sativa strains for regular use, and cooking, your mileage may vary.
I would suggest cooking with whatever you like to smoke.
Mostly it is trial and error, as every batch is different. It's not rocket surgery.
I'm no Rod at this, but with this recipe, seems to me like a double-boiler setup with a glass bowl over steaming water to extract the goodies is preferable to using a butter/water/weed mixture.
Now it's dark.

Clams

Post by Clams »

SWIM - someone who isnt me.
SWIY - someone who isnt you.

(yes, I had to look it up) :lol:
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Clams wrote:SWIM - someone who isnt me.

Thank you
Always go to the show

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

bovine knievel wrote:Decarbing the pot is key! Also, here is the reference I use to determine the mg of THC per dose/serving.
Every 1 gram of cannabis bud has 1,000mg of dry weight. If a strain has about 10% THC, ten percent of 1,000mg would be 100mg. So for cooking or baking at home, it is safe to assume that a gram of cannabis contains at least 100mg THC.

Using Catalano’s dosing measurement formula, you do the math accordingly to find out how much THC per serving. Take the amount of ground marijuana, convert it to milligrams and divide it by the recipe yield to determine a per-serving dose of THC. A starting dosage for beginners is 5 milligrams per serving (the Colorado-mandated serving size for marijuana-infused edibles is 10mg THC). Three grams of ground marijuana equals 300mg THC. 300mg divided by the recipe yield, (a classic cookie recipe makes 60 cookies) equals 5mg per cookie. If you want to be even more cautious with your at-home cannabutter cooking, 1.5 grams (150mg) marijuana divided into a 60-cookie recipe will yield 2.5mg a serving.
So for Bovine it is rocket surgery. I enjoy the mystery. Eat a cookie, take the ride.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

LBRod wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:Decarbing the pot is key! Also, here is the reference I use to determine the mg of THC per dose/serving.

So for Bovine it is rocket surgery. I enjoy the mystery. Eat a cookie, take the ride.
:lol:

Thanks for the new tag line!!

Flea

Post by Flea »

LBRod wrote:

Now it's dark.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

LBRod wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Bump

And this is just made me laugh my ass off again :lol:

Clams

Post by Clams »

Jonicont wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:52 am
Clams wrote:SWIM - someone who isnt me.

Thank you
Great thread and, yes, I actually looked it up again :lol:
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I am so happy, yet simultaneously so sad, to read both Smitty’s and Rod’s posts on this topic.

Now will someone please pass the fricking Doritos???