WTF of the day.....

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Flea

Re: WTF of the day.....

Post by Flea »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Massive gator spotted in Polk County

:o

I think I would have though I had landed in the Land of the Lost

One more reason NOT to live in FL (along with the heat, the humidity, the fire ants, the Floridians, etc.)
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Restaurateur Learns What Happens When You Advertise Chicken and Waffles With Watermelon for MLK Day

“It shouldn’t have gotten out of hand, no not at all,” she said. “I am by far not racist.”

“I wasn’t thinking about the historical [context],” Pyle added. “I was thinking, we have margaritas and tacos on Cinco de Mayo, so, let’s have some fun with Martin Luther King Day.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

disgruntledgoat

Post by disgruntledgoat »

Flea wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:Massive gator spotted in Polk County

:o

I think I would have though I had landed in the Land of the Lost

One more reason NOT to live in FL (along with the heat, the humidity, the fire ants, the Floridians, etc.)
And boiled peanuts

disgruntledgoat

Post by disgruntledgoat »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Restaurateur Learns What Happens When You Advertise Chicken and Waffles With Watermelon for MLK Day

“It shouldn’t have gotten out of hand, no not at all,” she said. “I am by far not racist.”

“I wasn’t thinking about the historical [context],” Pyle added. “I was thinking, we have margaritas and tacos on Cinco de Mayo, so, let’s have some fun with Martin Luther King Day.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Drop the spade, step away from the hole.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Donald J. Trump is the President of the United States of America.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:Donald J. Trump is the President of the United States of America.
4 horsemen spotted crossing the border from mexico heading north....

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Donald J. Trump is the President of the United States of America.
4 horsemen spotted crossing the border from mexico heading north....
I'm OK with this if it's Flair, Ole, Tully, and Arn

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Flea

Post by Flea »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:A huge mouth and no anus – this could be our earliest known ancestor

or maybe just our current president

I can see the resemblence.

Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Flea wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:A huge mouth and no anus – this could be our earliest known ancestor

or maybe just our current president

I can see the resemblence.

both have excrement coming out of the mouth

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

whatwouldcooleydo?

holy shit, the article says she is 34, but from the pic I would have guessed 50 at the least

whatwouldcooleydo?

Doctors Pull Live Cockroach From Woman's Skull After Complaints of 'Crawling Sensation'

The living, full-grown roach—which apparently crawled up the woman’s nose—was stuck inside her head for twelve hours. “Whenever it moved, it gave me a burning sensation in my eyes,” she told the Express.

Of the roach in question, Dr. Shankar said, “It was alive. And it didn’t seem to want to come out.” It took 45 minutes and “a combination of suction and forceps” to finally remove the living nightmare from her skull.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

How can you post a meme of Obama, about to be hung from the gallows, with the caption, how many people would support this, yet that doesn't violate facebook's community standards? Why is it ok to call him a nig, or a nigga, or a ni**er, and that's also fine, because you they didn't actually type the entire word nigger?

In case you're wondering, yes, I'm in facebook jail again.
Keep calm and have a cigar

whatwouldcooleydo?

sactochris wrote:How can you post a meme of Obama, about to be hung from the gallows, with the caption, how many people would support this, yet that doesn't violate facebook's community standards? Why is it ok to call him a nig, or a nigga, or a ni**er, and that's also fine, because you they didn't actually type the entire word nigger?

In case you're wondering, yes, I'm in facebook jail again.
clearly Facebook doesn't have a "three strikes" policy

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

double WTF?

Idaho judge says rape is 'a direct consequence of the social media system'

An Idaho judge who said a man who raped a 14-year-old girl could be released on probation if he agreed not to have sex outside of wedlock also linked the case to a breakdown of morality in the social media age, adding: “If I had my way, I would eliminate the internet.”

Stoker said in court that he could have sentenced Cody D Herrera to life in prison for raping the 14-year-old girl in 2015. Instead, he sent the 20-year-old to a treatment program run by the Idaho prison system. If Herrera completes the program within a year, he will be placed on probation.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

and from the "are you shitting me" department...

Why does anyone fucking care about this? Does a language define you? I'm fucking flummoxed.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Does a language define you?
Interesting question, TC. Perhaps more complicated and subtle than it first appears. I don't think a primary language "defines" a person literally, but I also think it's a lot more important to identity than the question seems to imply. And then there are all the macro questions about what a [common] language means to a people, community or country. Like will S. Africa ever get its act together as long as it has 7 official languages?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

I can't copy and paste but that post btb made on that thread because of clams. more shots please make that 3
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:
Interesting question, TC. Perhaps more complicated and subtle than it first appears. I don't think a primary language "defines" a person literally, but I also think it's a lot more important to identity than the question seems to imply. And then there are all the macro questions about what a [common] language means to a people, community or country. Like will S. Africa ever get its act together as long as it has 7 official languages?
I guess I'll just never understand this then. I grew up with cousins that only spoke Norwegian in their home. They would speak English when we came over but revert when they wanted to speak privately. I never cared. I managed entire staffs that spoke nothing but Spanish. I never cared. I think America the Beautiful is a nice song but to attach reverence to it is the exactly the kind of jingoistic bullshit that got us a walking cheetoh in the White House. We are citizens of the world first and foremost. This is caveman shit.

(Not venting at you Bubba, just venting)

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

beantownbubba wrote:
My friend from Ethiopia says they got about 88 languages.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Brutal obit slams Texas man whose life was ‘much longer than he deserved’
Leslie was surprisingly intelligent, however he lacked ambition and motivation to do anything more than being reckless, wasteful, squandering the family savings and fantasizing about get rich quick schemes. Leslie’s hobbies included being abusive to his family, expediting trips to heaven for the beloved family pets and fishing, which he was less skilled with than the previously mentioned.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

blueridgehiker

Post by blueridgehiker »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Brutal obit slams Texas man whose life was ‘much longer than he deserved’
Leslie was surprisingly intelligent, however he lacked ambition and motivation to do anything more than being reckless, wasteful, squandering the family savings and fantasizing about get rich quick schemes. Leslie’s hobbies included being abusive to his family, expediting trips to heaven for the beloved family pets and fishing, which he was less skilled with than the previously mentioned.
This is just terribly wonderful. The whole thing is gold.
https://www.scribd.com/document/3390020 ... rping-Obit
A girl as plain as a primer coat

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Alright! I've got a major league WTF for you. I'm lying in bed early yesterday morning, and my wife turns to me and says, "Did your dad die?" To which I respond, not that I know of. Well, to make a long story short, my father had in fact died, LAST JULY! My half sister hadn't bothered to call me and let me know. Now, as a point of fact, I had been estranged from my father for my entire adult life. I had only seen him twice(and very briefly both times) in the last 25 years. Am I being unreasonable to take issue with the fact that my half sister didn't think she owed me the common courtesy of calling me to tell me that my father was dead?

lynne

Post by lynne »

sactochris wrote:Alright! I've got a major league WTF for you. I'm lying in bed early yesterday morning, and my wife turns to me and says, "Did your dad die?" To which I respond, not that I know of. Well, to make a long story short, my father had in fact died, LAST JULY! My half sister hadn't bothered to call me and let me know. Now, as a point of fact, I had been estranged from my father for my entire adult life. I had only seen him twice(and very briefly both times) in the last 25 years. Am I being unreasonable to take issue with the fact that my half sister didn't think she owed me the common courtesy of calling me to tell me that my father was dead?
WOW! I am so sorry and your half sister is a total asshole. Estranged or not, you should have been told. WTF is wrong with people?!?!? I haven't spoken to my oldest sister in over 5 years and I don't think I ever will but my family would definitely tell me if something happened to her. Not even sure if I would attend any services but that should be a decision you make for yourself. No one has the right to keep that information from you. I wish I knew what else to say except, again, I'm sorry.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

lynne wrote:
sactochris wrote:Alright! I've got a major league WTF for you. I'm lying in bed early yesterday morning, and my wife turns to me and says, "Did your dad die?" To which I respond, not that I know of. Well, to make a long story short, my father had in fact died, LAST JULY! My half sister hadn't bothered to call me and let me know. Now, as a point of fact, I had been estranged from my father for my entire adult life. I had only seen him twice(and very briefly both times) in the last 25 years. Am I being unreasonable to take issue with the fact that my half sister didn't think she owed me the common courtesy of calling me to tell me that my father was dead?
WOW! I am so sorry and your half sister is a total asshole. Estranged or not, you should have been told. WTF is wrong with people?!?!? I haven't spoken to my oldest sister in over 5 years and I don't think I ever will but my family would definitely tell me if something happened to her. Not even sure if I would attend any services but that should be a decision you make for yourself. No one has the right to keep that information from you. I wish I knew what else to say except, again, I'm sorry.

Thank you Lynne.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Now that all her dumb ass FB freinds, that I have no desire to spend any time with, have aabanded her, HC could be real funm
But wait we have 20 year old cats. And my son even offered to cradle them for us all weekend :roll: