WTF of the day.....

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

The Black Canary

Re: WTF of the day.....

Post by The Black Canary »

beantownbubba wrote:"I have 4 kids, ages 13-20 that live with me full time, I have sole custody, but my kids are pretty independent and I can come and go as I please"

I'd like some of what he's smoking, please. Somewhere between 1 and 5 of them are gonna end up in jail pretty soon, starting w/ dear ole dad. Assuming that he's not just totally full of shit, or dreaming, which i guess brings us back around to what he's smoking.

My room mate knows him, so yes 4 kids, a couple of wives and nothing surprising about the rest.
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Figured I'd put this in WTF rather than mucking up her RIP thread. From The Huffington Post:

Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church will be dispatching members of its congregation to protest the funeral of Elizabeth Edwards this Saturday, CNN reports.

The church has generated controversy with its confrontational and offensive demonstrations. "God Hates Fags" has become an unofficial calling card of the group, a phrase they say the world "needs to hear more than it needs oxygen, water and bread." Another Westboro sign, "Thank God For Dead Soldiers," is frequently displayed at military funerals and has created its own share of outrage.

In a promotional flier for the upcoming protest, the church references John and Elizabeth Edwards's son Wade, who died in a car crash in 1996:

"When they were visited from the Most High God with the death of their 16-year-old son, they did not humble themselves before His mighty hand. They reared up in rage, decided they would show God who is boss, and meddled in matters of the womb, resulting in 2 more children -- now motherless."
The church goes on to claim that she is now a "resident of hell, where her rebellion and rage will take full flower."

Elizabeth Edwards, the estranged wife of former Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards, died earlier this week at the age of 61 after a long battle with cancer. She is survived by her husband and three children.

Here's the Westboro Baptist Church's memo on their protest:

As a First Amendment loving American I'm proud that no state agency can ever touch these folks. Also, as a First Amendment loving American, I'd love to see some civil action organized solely by private citizens and see these folks made an example of.
Beebs is not a ragey man

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Thanks, Beebs. My stomach needed a good turning this morning.

The question is, what can one possibly do to these people? They clearly exist in an alternative reality pretty far divorced from sanity and civility. Tools such as logic, shame and anger are not going to have any impact.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

The Black Canary

Just another example of folks hiding under their own pulpitt, before leaping out and just causing destruction, hate and pain for others!!!! Why are there so many of these "things" around???? How as a society did we churn out so many selfish, evil people?!?!?!? How the F did this happen?!?!?!? Why do people do these things???? There isn't enough pain to go around, and fckers like this just want to instill more.

Two motherless children, so let's protest her funeral and make them feel even more lost and lonely!!!! OMG this shit just :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

beantownbubba wrote:Thanks, Beebs. My stomach needed a good turning this morning.

The question is, what can one possibly do to these people? They clearly exist in an alternative reality pretty far divorced from sanity and civility. Tools such as logic, shame and anger are not going to have any impact.

I agree whole heartedly Bubba. Hate lovers like this are no more morally salvageable than Nazis or extremist Islam and they'd be impervious to (or even bolstered by) logic, shame and anger. I don't think it's as much about changing these folk's beliefs or behaviors as it is demonstrating to ourselves and the rest of the world what we will or will not tolerate.

Whether in world politics, or at the tavern on friday night a beat down is less about the offending party and more about communicating to the rest of the group exactly what kind of shit you're not gonna take.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Even though I should be able to overlook those fucking idiots and not let it bother me, it just makes me madder each time. Motherfuckers need to be taught a lesson.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

They protested near the high school I teach at soon after one of our former students was killed in Iraq. They were passing around a similar flier saying horrid things about our community, parents, and kids in general. If God is what they say he is, I'll take hell.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Westboro Baptist is coming into our county, about 3 miles from my house, this coming Tuesday.
A few days ago there was a horrific wreck here. 21 & 19 year old brothers and their 16 yr old cousin being raised in their house pretty much as their sister. All 3 killed. I didn't know any of them but have friends that knew all 3 of them very well. Very good kids by all accounts. They are having a family funeral at the bowlegs, ok high school gym.
Westboro has announced that they will picket this funeral on their way out to Elizabeth Edward's service. Here is the quote from these morons on the front page of today's paper:
"the residents of faux-Christian infested Oklahoma raise their children for the devil and expect the blessings of god. Then, when god curses them for that rebellion they think they can stop WBC's Gospel message of repent and obey. Because of their refusal to train up their children in the ways of The Lord, God himself continues to kill more children in evil Oklahoma".
Lotta mad "good ole boys" with a lotta guns in Bowlegs, okla I can assure you. Could get very ugly. The whole scene is gonna be heartbreaking. What's the answer? What's the correct response?Is there a correct response?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

4sooner wrote:Westboro Baptist is coming into our county, about 3 miles from my house, this coming Tuesday.
A few days ago there was a horrific wreck here. 21 & 19 year old brothers and their 16 yr old cousin being raised in their house pretty much as their sister. All 3 killed. I didn't know any of them but have friends that knew all 3 of them very well. Very good kids by all accounts. They are having a family funeral at the bowlegs, ok high school gym.
Westboro has announced that they will picket this funeral on their way out to Elizabeth Edward's service. Here is the quote from these morons on the front page of today's paper:
"the residents of faux-Christian infested Oklahoma raise their children for the devil and expect the blessings of god. Then, when god curses them for that rebellion they think they can stop WBC's Gospel message of repent and obey. Because of their refusal to train up their children in the ways of The Lord, God himself continues to kill more children in evil Oklahoma".
Lotta mad "good ole boys" with a lotta guns in Bowlegs, okla I can assure you. Could get very ugly. The whole scene is gonna be heartbreaking. What's the answer? What's the correct response?Is there a correct response?

You know part of me wants to obliterate these people. Fucking gun 'em down and that would be the end of it. The other part says that these people will get theirs in the end. Karma is a bitch. If there is a God and a heaven, you can rest assured these people are not going there.

As far as an immediate solution for your town, 4sooner, I'm afraid there isn't one. I hope the good grief stricken folks there can be strong enough to realize that these people are just not worth it.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The good news is that these assholes announce they're coming a lot more often than they actually show up. Each of my kids were in a production of Laramie (one in HS, one in college) and both times the assholes were supposed to come and picket. Didn't show up either time. Of course it's a lot farther to the east coast than to OK, but still, here's hoping they get lost on the way.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote: here's hoping they get lost on the way.

Oh they're lost alright... :evil:

The Black Canary

Dt[code][/code]
dee dee wrote:They protested near the high school I teach at soon after one of our former students was killed in Iraq. They were passing around a similar flier saying horrid things about our community, parents, and kids in general. If God is what they say he is, I'll take hell.

I never could grasp why these fckn morons picket military funerals. Why add to the pain and grief. These acts just make my heart ache for these families and my soul hangs heavy with sorrow at the actions of these ignorant calus hateful ... :twisted:

The Black Canary

My Next Vacation WTF:!!!!!

By MARIA DANILOVA, Associated Press Maria Danilova, Associated Press – 2 mins ago
KIEV, Ukraine – Want a better understanding of the world's worst nuclear disaster? Come tour the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. Beginning next year, Ukraine plans to open up the sealed zone around the Chernobyl reactor to visitors who wish to learn more about the tragedy that occurred nearly a quarter of a century ago, the Emergency Situations Ministry said Monday.

Chernobyl's reactor No. 4 exploded on April 26, 1986, spewing radiation over a large swath of northern Europe. Hundreds of thousands of people were resettled from areas contaminated with radiation fallout in Ukraine, Belarus and Russia. Related health problems still persist.

The so-called exclusion zone, a highly contaminated area within a 30-mile (48-kilometer) radius of the exploded reactor, was evacuated and sealed off in the aftermath of the explosion. All visits were prohibited.

Today, about 2,500 employees maintain the remains of the now-closed nuclear plant, working in shifts to minimize their exposure to radiation. Several hundred evacuees have returned to their villages in the area despite a government ban. A few firms now offer tours to the restricted area, but the government says those tours are illegal and their safety is not guaranteed.

Emergency Situations Ministry spokeswoman Yulia Yershova said experts are developing travel routes that will be both medically safe and informative for Ukrainians as well as foreign visitors. She did not give an exact date when the tours were expected to begin.

"There are things to see there if one follows the official route and doesn't stray away from the group," Yershova told The Associated Press. "Though it is a very sad story."

The United Nations Development Program chief Helen Clark toured the Chernobyl plant together with Baloha on Sunday and said she supported the plan because it could help raise money and tell an important lesson about nuclear safety.

"Personally I think there is an opportunity to tell a story here and of course the process of telling a story, even a sad story, is something that is positive in economic terms and positive in conveying very important messages," said Clark, according to her office.

The ministry also said Monday it hopes to finish building a new safer shell for the exploded reactor by 2015. The new shelter will cover the original iron-and-concrete structure hastily built over the reactor that has been leaking radiation, cracking and threatening to collapse.

The new shell is 345 feet (105 meters) tall, 853 feet (260 meters) wide and 490 feet (150 meters) long. It weighs 20,000 tons and will be slid over the old shelter using rail tracks. The new structure will be big enough to house the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris or the Statue of Liberty in New York.

The overall cost of project, financed by international donors, has risen from $505 million (euro380 million) to $1.15 billion (euro870 million) because of stricter safety requirements, according to Ukrainian officials.

The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, which manages the project, said a final estimate of the project's cost will be released after the French-led consortium Novarka finalizes a construction plan in the next few months.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Authorities say a North Carolina woman reported missing in September walked 200 miles before she turned up at a Virginia shelter.

The Fayetteville Observer reported that 56-year-old Wilma Edwards of Fayetteville turned up last week in Richmond, Va. Her information was found in a database of missing people, and she told authorities she had traveled to the shelter on foot.

..Cumberland County sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Tanna said Edwards is known by many as "Miss Betty" and frequently takes long walks around Fayetteville with a white bucket that she sits on when she gets tired.

Edwards had last been seen Sept. 19.

Tanna said Edwards did not have needed medications and did not use her bank account during her disappearance. Her family says she disappeared once before, turning up in New York.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

beantownbubba wrote:The good news is that these assholes announce they're coming a lot more often than they actually show up. Each of my kids were in a production of Laramie (one in HS, one in college) and both times the assholes were supposed to come and picket. Didn't show up either time. Of course it's a lot farther to the east coast than to OK, but still, here's hoping they get lost on the way.
Assholes did not show. This is good.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Lots of bad things happen to people all the time. People do bad things all the time. This is far from the worst. But it is particularly despicable and disheartening. I mean, who the fuck would steal toys from a toys for tots collection site???!!! :o :shock: :evil: :evil: That's gotta rank seriously high on the asshole scale.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... News_links

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Fuck Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist church.
Keep calm and have a cigar

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:Lots of bad things happen to people all the time. People do bad things all the time. This is far from the worst. But it is particularly despicable and disheartening. I mean, who the fuck would steal toys from a toys for tots collection site???!!! :o :shock: :evil: :evil: That's gotta rank seriously high on the asshole scale.

Well maybe this didn't hit anybody else's hot button, but it's still pissing me off, so i'm floating it again. Bastards. (The guys who stole the toys, not y'all).

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Lots of bad things happen to people all the time. People do bad things all the time. This is far from the worst. But it is particularly despicable and disheartening. I mean, who the fuck would steal toys from a toys for tots collection site???!!! :o :shock: :evil: :evil: That's gotta rank seriously high on the asshole scale.

Well maybe this didn't hit anybody else's hot button, but it's still pissing me off, so i'm floating it again. Bastards. (The guys who stole the toys, not y'all).

I don't believe in a lot but I do believe in Karma. They'll get theres.

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

beantownbubba wrote:

Dude here stole a Salvation Army kettle from a bell-ringer the other night. Cops got him and recovered the cash.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:

One of the local Starbucks' is trying to collect toys to replace the stolen ones. We brought over a couple, which made me feel a little better about this whole thing, and seeing the number of toys already there made me feel a lot better. I doubt they'll get it all done, but hopefully they'll cover a good portion.

The Black Canary

beantownbubba wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

One of the local Starbucks' is trying to collect toys to replace the stolen ones. We brought over a couple, which made me feel a little better about this whole thing, and seeing the number of toys already there made me feel a lot better. I doubt they'll get it all done, but hopefully they'll cover a good portion.

The Marines can get anything done!!!!

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Santa dies at children's party

Share1034 Press Association
guardian.co.uk, Friday 22 December 2006 14.24 GMT Article history

Children watched in horror as a Santa Claus collapsed and died as he handed out presents at a Christmas party on Sunday.
Andrew Robertson was taken ill as the excited youngsters received their gifts. The 82-year-old was taken to a side room and attempts made to revive him, but he was pronounced dead when medics arrived.

Mr Robertson, from Dundee, had played Santa at the city's Broughty Castle bowling club Christmas party, held for the grandchildren of members, for several years.

"Andy was a father figure in the club who never had a bad word to say about anyone," Ian Smart, the bowling club's secretary, said. "If you asked him to do anything for you, he would always say 'no problem'.

"One wee kid said 'how are we going to get our presents next week if Father Christmas is ill?' - they didn't understand what had happened."

Mr Smart said Mr Robertson, who had played an active role in the club, was "well liked and will be sorely missed".

Mr Robertson's brother, Alister, said he had complained about feeling hot shortly before collapsing.

"The kids saw him getting taken away," he told the Courier newspaper. "They knew something was wrong with Santa Claus as he went away with the two guys, but they didn't see anything further.

"It has been quite a shock for everybody, but my view is that he was there thoroughly enjoying himself when he was struck down."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/dec/22/christmas

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

I know this is mean. But I gotta get me a "sittin bucket".
NSFW

garnersound

Post by garnersound »

a white christmas in alabama.....
WTF?
we're all just humans being.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Bullock America's favorite girl next door
Survey rates actress as most desirable celeb neighbor, 'Jersey Shore' cast least

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... 1368.story

My questions are, why is this news? And DO PEOPLE GET PAID DO DO THESE POLLS? WTF??

The Black Canary

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Bullock America's favorite girl next door
Survey rates actress as most desirable celeb neighbor, 'Jersey Shore' cast least

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... 1368.story

My questions are, why is this news? And DO PEOPLE GET PAID DO DO THESE POLLS? WTF??

Too many people are voyeurs and yes they do get paid to do these polls!!!

The Black Canary

Not sure how the hell this happened tonight but i got sucked into watching "Dallas" marathon 25 plus years later and I still can't resist the evil that is JR !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

njMark

Post by njMark »

Is it a WTF moment when my coworker decided to share his painful and embarassing medical problem at lunch in the break room? I don't want to sound like a wuss or uncaring about someones health problems but it involved his man bits and swelling, splitting skin and puss. I thought it was a little too much to share over lunch.