WTF of the day.....

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

wrekkr

Re: WTF of the day.....

Post by wrekkr »

...so its been snowing steady for the last two hours, if this keeps up i'm going to have to shovel :o

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I'm not sure why, Zip but I watched that entire clip. WTF indeed. That is one minute and fifty two seconds of my life that I will never get back.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

joelle

Post by joelle »

some people
have too much time on their hands :?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I'm not sure why, Zip but I watched that entire clip. WTF indeed. That is one minute and fifty two seconds of my life that I will never get back.

I dunno, i thought it was pretty cool.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

wrekkr wrote:...so its been snowing steady for the last two hours, if this keeps up i'm going to have to shovel :o

two inches of snow on the ground this morning.....and it just started snowing again....someone tell al gore he fixed global warming

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

wrekkr wrote:
wrekkr wrote:...so its been snowing steady for the last two hours, if this keeps up i'm going to have to shovel :o

two inches of snow on the ground this morning.....and it just started snowing again....someone tell al gore he fixed global warming

Wow, that's unbelievable. It's snowed this late in the year in MA (well, once in my time here anyway), but not like a major storm, and not twice!! Presumably it will at least melt pretty fast once it's over.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

PeterJ wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:we've all been messed up by pieces of sh*t ex boyfriends:-)

Speak for yourself. There are plenty on this board that haven't :D

Not saying the ex did this, but the reaction to what he did to me sent my body into over drive. Until my body was ready to stop I just kept running on fumes until I fainted on Wednesday. Now I am on bed rest until Monday. And then it is only work and then home. No more yoga, no high heels :( for a bit. and I have been instructed to put on 17 lbs as I have gotten down to 153.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Can u believe some asshole stole the DBT stage backdrop? Band welcomes the guy backstage and then he steals their equipment???!!! Is it any wonder that musicians/bands/artists get the openness pounded out of them and go from hotel to bus to show & back w/out giving "fans" the time of day? It's a miracle that the members of the band are as great as they are w/ their fans and i hope this doesnt change that, but it would be easy to understand if the band is a little more cynical or suspicious. What a fucking stupid thing to, and what a douchebag.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Penny Lane wrote:
Clams wrote:
The Black Canary wrote: Guess all that insomnia has finally caught up to me.

And maybe all those meds you were taking, too.

yeah the ambien will F you up...(IMO) even when you wake up in the morning...you're in a fog and after a while none of it works and you end up like Corey Haim

hope your headache is better, though :-)

if there was a way to go back to 9B and read all my posts, it's proof positive that ambien is the fucking devil....
I took it for 6 months, and it all ended with an incident involving 12 pills, 4 AM , setting small fires in the yard, waking up my parents with a hatchet in the bathroom ( we were staying at their house) and an unofficial "intervention"
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Emily

Post by Emily »

While I was gone for the weekend, the boy that my roommate has been seeing casually for about a month GAVE her a kitten. That's a WTF within itself...but as much as I like cats, I don't really want to worry about one at the moment. But now we have a cat because I wasn't there to say no when she got it.
she was all provocative and everything
until she saw what I was capable of

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Not really a WTF but I did not want to put into anything in regards to happy mother's day. +Saw mine on Sunday, she is starting to cough up blood and she has been put on Oxycontin for pain and oxygen 24/7. Her time is nearing. She was trying so hard to be happy, but she is so pale and struggles for every word she says now.

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The Black Canary wrote:Not really a WTF but I did not want to put into anything in regards to happy mother's day. +Saw mine on Sunday, she is starting to cough up blood and she has been put on Oxycontin for pain and oxygen 24/7. Her time is nearing. She was trying so hard to be happy, but she is so pale and struggles for every word she says now.

So sorry to hear this. HUGS.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

The Black Canary wrote:Not really a WTF but I did not want to put into anything in regards to happy mother's day. +Saw mine on Sunday, she is starting to cough up blood and she has been put on Oxycontin for pain and oxygen 24/7. Her time is nearing. She was trying so hard to be happy, but she is so pale and struggles for every word she says now.

so sorry, BC. mother's day was hard for me, too....know what you're going thru. tough to see them struggle, too.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

There have been two tragic news stories (among others) in the Chicago area this week that have gotten a lot of press. The first is an incident where a man shoplifted a tube of toothpaste an a box of crayons at a CVS pharmacy. The manager chased him out of the store into an alley where he got him in a choke hold which killed the man. The Coroner ruled it a homicide but the police chose not to press charges. In the comments under a news article people almost unanimously praised the store manager and commented that the guy deserved what he got. They even used the Old Testament to justify their opinions. A man died over a tube of toothpaste and a some crayons and these motherfuckers think it was a good thing. WTF??

The second story was even more tragic. A woman and her bf, with her five year old son in the back seat, were coming home from a party when the woman was pulled over for an illegal right turn on red. The police arrested her for having a suspended license and handed the keys over to the boyfriend and took her to jail. A short time later the boyfriend crashed the car into a tree killing the boy. His blood alcohol was over three times the legal limit. The cop claims he didn't appear drunk when he handed him the keys. As it turned out the woman was driving because she was sober and their friends were all aware of how drunk the man was. WTF?? It get's worse, a local blogger has caused a stir that it really wasn't a tragedy because the child was a "gang banger in training" because the boyfriend apparently had a gang tattoo. he continued that in the end society was better off without this child. A child died and people are happy about it???!!! WTF???!!! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a member of the human race.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

8 year old boy is the sole survivor in a plane crash that kills over 100. Freaky shit.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/05/12/libya.planecrash/index.html?hpt=T1

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

"I don't know what that means, we don't say that in America" :lol: what a moron
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

I'm so glad my 8 year old daughter isn't into Justin Bieber. So, so glad.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:There have been two tragic news stories (among others) in the Chicago area this week that have gotten a lot of press. The first is an incident where a man shoplifted a tube of toothpaste an a box of crayons at a CVS pharmacy. The manager chased him out of the store into an alley where he got him in a choke hold which killed the man. The Coroner ruled it a homicide but the police chose not to press charges. In the comments under a news article people almost unanimously praised the store manager and commented that the guy deserved what he got. They even used the Old Testament to justify their opinions. A man died over a tube of toothpaste and a some crayons and these motherfuckers think it was a good thing. WTF??

The second story was even more tragic. A woman and her bf, with her five year old son in the back seat, were coming home from a party when the woman was pulled over for an illegal right turn on red. The police arrested her for having a suspended license and handed the keys over to the boyfriend and took her to jail. A short time later the boyfriend crashed the car into a tree killing the boy. His blood alcohol was over three times the legal limit. The cop claims he didn't appear drunk when he handed him the keys. As it turned out the woman was driving because she was sober and their friends were all aware of how drunk the man was. WTF?? It get's worse, a local blogger has caused a stir that it really wasn't a tragedy because the child was a "gang banger in training" because the boyfriend apparently had a gang tattoo. he continued that in the end society was better off without this child. A child died and people are happy about it???!!! WTF???!!! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a member of the human race.

thats just awful
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

joelle

Post by joelle »

beyond what the fuck
i am not sure if i hate this, kind of dig it, or still can't quite believe it...

sting, blondie, elton john, shirley bassey...i can see
lady gaga, i kind of love
springsteen. really? speechless

but the more i watch.
the more i lean to kind of loving it. in the worst way. kind of.

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

those fukkn platforms.......

and guy dancers in boxers :shock: :lol: :lol: huh?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

My life is now complete in ways i didnt even know i was missing.

What was this a benefit for?

And oh, those shoes!!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:There have been two tragic news stories (among others) in the Chicago area this week that have gotten a lot of press. The first is an incident where a man shoplifted a tube of toothpaste an a box of crayons at a CVS pharmacy. The manager chased him out of the store into an alley where he got him in a choke hold which killed the man. The Coroner ruled it a homicide but the police chose not to press charges. In the comments under a news article people almost unanimously praised the store manager and commented that the guy deserved what he got. They even used the Old Testament to justify their opinions. A man died over a tube of toothpaste and a some crayons and these motherfuckers think it was a good thing. WTF??

Unbelievable.

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

so i went on a different route for my hike today. this part of the ice age trail, about a half mile in, hooks up with a trail system from a local forest outdoor education center for the local high school students. well, along their trails they have what i'm assuming with a project for the students. here they had taken ~3'x3' boards textured them and then painted mirals on them. they then added a poem to the mirals, they were mostly "i spy" lyrics that you could then look in the mirals and find the objects that they were making ryhmes about. its kinda an outdoor art/peotry museumish thing. i hadnt' been on there since last fall and felt like enjoying the art and peoms again today. well, fukkn some derelicts had gone through and stole them all, i found only one that was left. you could see right where they'd been ripped right off the posts, now, just an empty post stands where once was some enlighting work that students had done :( :?: why?

joelle

Post by joelle »

this ain't a what the fuck, as in what the fuck?!!that's crazy.!!
this is more along the lines of, what the fuck?how? why? almost too much

chicago. born and raised. my hometown.
it is loud. there is always traffic and honking and yelling
but, you get used to it. you become immune and it becomes a gentle hum. white noise.
no worries. no problem. it's a great big city.

but starting yesterday, helicopters have been hoovering overhead, non stop.
see,
i live on the chicago river. yup, flows right through my block.
yesterday,
at one of the public ball parks,
the very same one where my kids have played ball for years, where my gal won an undefeated season last year, where my boy fishes and hunts tadpoles...
yesterday,
an 8 year old boy fell in the river.
we have had a lot of rain, everyone has.
the river is swollen and fast and nasty murky.
the helicopters are searching for him.
for over 24 hours now. going on 36.

as i sit and listen to music and ask about my kids' day and walk the dog
it is ever present.
it is more than noise
it is a prayer
it is a heartache
i cannot imagine what the family of this child are going through.
many many many children are lost , get hurt, and tragically die every day. all over.
this accident is not particularly shocking or heinous.
it is just
well,
sad. and hopeless.
there are so many murders and accidents and so much pain everyday in a city
and in a small town too , i know.
but yesterday,
last night,
this morning,
again today, this evening as i sit here
the buzz
rings in my ear
for those devastated parents

if you read this, there is no need to respond.
i know everyone on this forum loves their children dearly.
but it you can, if you wish, if you have the time...
just send out a pray,some good juju, a positive wish
for peace for that family. whatever that may mean at this point. peace.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

:shock:
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Next TV season, there will be a new sitcom based on the twitter feed "shit my dad says." Starring William Shatner.

scotto

Post by scotto »

beantownbubba wrote:Next TV season, there will be a new sitcom based on the twitter feed "shit my dad says." Starring William Shatner.

I'd like to see a musical variety show based entirely on the Google logo variations.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

It's raining like a muth...
I need to pick up 3 grade schoolers at 2:40
I have two 3 year olds I can put in a stroller but no rain hood
I have 2 umbrellas and no raincoats
My car only seats 3 kids in the back
I haven't gotten paid yet and my damn settlement money hasn't come yet
I also have on a white tee shirt
WTF?
NSFW

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

littlemamma wrote:It's raining like a muth...
I also have on a white tee shirt

go outside for a bit,
take pics
postem up :P :P