WTF of the day.....

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

Re: WTF of the day.....

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

If she's talking about the newer Skynyrd she's right on the money. What a fucking embarrassment.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Such a fun read. Amazing to hear a perspective on all these classic albums from the one adult in the universe who hasn't heard any of them.

Led Zeppelin IV - This album was like a smorgasbord of Taco Bell and a Family Guy marathon...awesomeness just spewing all over the place.

:o :lol:
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Switching gears for a moment, remember that Roberto Alomar is no stranger to inappropriate behavior. Still, WTF?? :o

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... lb-wp13874
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon -

I'm sorry. Floyd'sters, but this album was one of the weirder 40 minutes of my life. I mean there were just minutes and minutes of sound effects. For a minute I was like, 'why is there a stupid pop-up with just a phone ringing and why can't I find it?' and then it was a Pink Floyd song.

Yeah fine, when they finally got to the songs they had their moments. "Eclipse" was very pretty and peaceful. But for the most park it was muzak and easy listening and sound effects. It's like the longest dentist appointment of my life

What the I don't even....

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Yeah, I was right. I really like this girl. Reading her takes on albums that are so ubiquitous that we take them for granted is refreshing and eye opening. None of the normal biases are there because she hasn't heard them. She calls Thriller a great album because, well, it is. She doesn't care that it's become fashionable to bash it or deny owning it. she makes up her own mind. And hell she digs Tom Waits. Would you ever think to turn a twenty something on to TW? I sure wouldn't. She has this to say about Peter Gabriel's third album:

Overall, this album was a lot of fun. The songs are crazy catchy and just too much fun. I really liked "Games without Frontiers" that uses amazing synth drums, whistling and harmonies...don't you want to listen to even more?

and this about AC/DC Back in Black:

Overall this album was just damn fun, there's no getting around it. "Back in Black" is good loud fun and "Rock & Rock Ain't Noise" is just good advice...and a way fun song. Get a loud stereo, crank this puppy up and you will have a good time...I pretty much guarantee it.

I mean ain't that the truth? I mean us old fogies say that but we say it with a wink wink nod nod and hope younger people don't laugh. For this kid, it's said in earnest.

Or this on my favorite Buckingham/Nicks period Fleetwood Mac Album:

This album didn't have any huge hits but it doesn't make it any less awesome than the last album I listened to which had #1 songs coming out the wazoo. I quite enjoyed "Save Me A Place" which is a lovely country harmony song. "Tusk" is a damn awesome song...with these congo-esque beats and an almost reggae flavor...who knew Stevie had it in her?

Overall, this album was nothing but solid. It's clever and catchy. Fleetwood Mac has this timeless sound that is fresh whenever you pick it up. I could have this album on in the background of my life and I'd be pleased as punch. 5 stars.

she never got the memo that you weren't supposed to like this album or, alternately, you were supposed to love it because it was unpopular to do so (might have been my motivation at one point I have to admit, but I truly do love it and actually due to her eview have it playing on vinyl as we speak). No bias. just what she hears.

And these comments on The Clash London Calling just warmed the cockles of my heart. i can't lie.

This album has quickly become one of my favorites. I know they're punk but, for some reason, I really gravitated towards this sound. What is nice about this album is that it's lyrics steer away from just partying and sex and becomes, and I quote from an Amazon review, about "revolutions, fascists, junkies, race riots, nuclear destruction, gangsters, rude boys, suburban alienation, consumerism, and Montgomery Clift". Now how can you not enjoy that?

What is cool about The Clash is that they're a punk band that merged seamlessly into reggae and rock and created some rocking songs. "Revolution Rock" is like a kick ass Bob Marley tune. "Clamptown" has a great drum beat that makes you want to jump around and mosh pit your little heart out.

Overall, this album was great. London Calling feels terribly fresh and original and I have to give them credit for making me sit up and take notice. 5 stars

I mean she's right, but who knew this album could touch someone from her generation like that?

Now ok some of her comments are silly, she doesn't like Neil Young, Bod Dylan or Joni Mitchell, likes Abba way more than is healthy, but she loves Talking Heads, Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen and can even find something to like about the Replacements, who despite my absolute idolization of I can't see appealing to 26 year old women. Nice job Liz. You've made a fan.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

Check this out:

Okay, on that note, Flying Burritos Brothers. From the name alone I assumed they were some freaky psychedelic band that was going to exhaust me with their weirdness. But, these guys are like the smoothiest country band I've heard in a while. Like a retro Rascal Flats.

Rascal Flats!

But she goes on to say:

They have a cool rock sound. They reminded me a lot of Billy Joel in some of their songs, probably because they had lilting melodies and a lot of piano. Of the songs, my fav was probably Hot Burrito #2 (terrible title), it was really peppy, you could totally hear it on the radio today or have people rocking out to it in a Ipod commercial.

This whole thing is pretty wild. Bless her heart.
Not forever, just for now.

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/06/21/norcal-mom-accused-of-killing-baby-in-microwave/

Jeez. I need to find better things to look at in my down time.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

"The crew piloting a doomed Air France jet over the Atlantic did not realize the plane was in a stall, were insufficiently trained in flying manually, and never informed the passengers that anything was wrong before they plunged into the sea, according to new findings released Friday." Emphasis added.

What...the...FUCK????!!!! Airline pilots aren't trained in how to fly the freakin' planes??? :shock: :shock:

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

beantownbubba wrote:"The crew piloting a doomed Air France jet over the Atlantic did not realize the plane was in a stall, were insufficiently trained in flying manually, and never informed the passengers that anything was wrong before they plunged into the sea, according to new findings released Friday." Emphasis added.

What...the...FUCK????!!!! Airline pilots aren't trained in how to fly the freakin' planes??? :shock: :shock:

AND A BIG AZZ THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU from those of us that are flying in a little over a week to Athens!!! ;)
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:If she's talking about the newer Skynyrd she's right on the money. What a fucking embarrassment.

Although I felt that way for a time, we went on 3 of their cruises (mostly because of the other bands that were there) and watching
the happiness and excitement of the people around us while they were playing changed me. Anybody that can bring that much happiness
to the world is ok by me.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Valley Falls, Kansas - Brandon K. Smelser, a 25-year-old Valley Falls man was jailed Saturday after he nearly stabbed a man to death for bringing the wrong kind of beer to a party.
According to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, Smelser and the victim, 22-year-old Christopher Daniel, were both attending a party at a local mobile home park when Smelser allegedly took issue with the fact that the victim arrived to the party with Natural Light beer.
Investigators say Smelser retaliated by stabbing Daniel in the parking lot of the mobile home park at around 12:40 a.m. The victim was rushed to St. Francis Health Center, where he underwent surgery for injuries considered to be life threatening.
Smelser was apprehended around 2:30 a.m and was booked into the Jefferson County Detention Center on charges of first-degree attempted murder.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

beergut

Post by beergut »

Smitty wrote:
Valley Falls, Kansas - Brandon K. Smelser, a 25-year-old Valley Falls man was jailed Saturday after he nearly stabbed a man to death for bringing the wrong kind of beer to a party.
According to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, Smelser and the victim, 22-year-old Christopher Daniel, were both attending a party at a local mobile home park when Smelser allegedly took issue with the fact that the victim arrived to the party with Natural Light beer.
Investigators say Smelser retaliated by stabbing Daniel in the parking lot of the mobile home park at around 12:40 a.m. The victim was rushed to St. Francis Health Center, where he underwent surgery for injuries considered to be life threatening.
Smelser was apprehended around 2:30 a.m and was booked into the Jefferson County Detention Center on charges of first-degree attempted murder.

He was probably supposed to get the natty ice.

hahahahaha

Below is a local to me WTF also a Jefferson County:

2 charged in slaying of missing Ixonia man

By Gitte Laasby of the Journal Sentinel

Aug. 1, 2011

Jefferson - Beau Butschke, the 28-year-old Ixonia man who went missing from his residence in mid-July, was shot at close range July 14 with his own .22-caliber rifle by his neighbor, who had stolen the weapon weeks earlier, authorities said Monday.

After disposing of the body in a storage unit, the neighbor and another man went back to the neighbor's apartment and ate bratwurst and drank beer stolen from Butschke, according to a criminal complaint released Monday.

The two men, James T. Richardson, 51, of Watertown and James H. Richards, 19, of Oconomowoc, were charged with one count each of first-degree intentional homicide, theft from a person or corpse, and hiding a corpse. Bail was set at $1 million for each suspect. Preliminary hearings were scheduled for Aug. 15.

If convicted, the two face life terms plus 20 years in jail and fines of up to $50,000.

According to a criminal complaint:

Richardson and Butschke were neighbors in a duplex and had argued several times recently over lawn mowing and over Richardson not keeping up his half of the property.

Richardson and Richards, a homeless man whom Richardson had offered a place to stay after meeting him at a gas station in Oconomowoc a couple of weeks earlier, were shooting the rifle near the Rock River on July 14 when Butschke walked by. When Butschke asked what they were doing, Richardson jumped out from behind a tree and shot several rounds at close range in Butschke's direction, hitting him in the leg and head, the complaint states.

Richardson picked up gloves at his residence, and the two wrapped Butschke's body in a blue tarp and placed it in the bed of Butschke's pickup. After hosing down the crime scene and raking wood chips around it, they drove the truck to an unrented storage unit at Ski Slide Storage in Ixonia, where they left the truck with the body. They stole Butschke's phone, keys and wallet from his pockets, locked the door, threw away the keys and headed back to the duplex.

"Richards said after they disposed of Beau's body, they went back to Richardson's residence, and they ate brats and drank beer they had taken from Beau's residence," the complaint states.

Ten days later, detectives questioned Richardson and Richards when Richardson's vehicle was found at a house in Janesville, where he has family. At the time, Richardson denied knowing where Butschke might be and said he had left the duplex because he was being evicted.

Two days later - on July 26, 12 days after Butschke was killed - officers from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department were called to the storage business for a "pungent odor." That's when Butschke's body was recovered.

Shortly after midnight on Sunday, Richardson showed up at the Janesville Police Department to get a voucher for lodging because he was homeless.

When detectives interviewed him, he admitted he had been thinking about killing Butschke for a while but hadn't had a chance to.

He later confessed to a detective from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department, saying Butschke had treated him poorly for almost two months, the complaint says.

According to the complaint, "Richardson told Det. Gray that he was pushed and pushed and just couldn't take it anymore, so it would have happened regardless."

Jefferson County District Attorney Susan Happ said the disputes rather than the robbery appeared to be the motive for the killing.

"I guess that's a motive or a reason. It certainly isn't rational. It certainly isn't an excuse," she said.

About the beer and brats, she added: "I think the conduct after the alleged incident just goes to character, poor character. Who does that type of a thing? That kind of speaks to itself."

Sheriff Paul Milbrath called the killing a "coldblooded murder."
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

"About the beer and brats, she added: "I think the conduct after the alleged incident just goes to character, poor character. Who does that type of a thing? That kind of speaks to itself."

:o :o It's not the murder, excuse me, the alleged murder, that's indicative of poor character, it's the lack of etiquette involved in partaking of the alleged victim's beer & brats afterwards. :lol: :lol: :lol: Kind of like the wig he made her wear or somethin' like that. Patterson, are you listening? :lol:

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I think I actually like this girl. She's expanding her horizons and giving music she normally wouldn't ever listen to a fair shot. If everyone took something they didn't know and devoted this much time to it the world would be a better place. Rock on.

I just started reading this today and I like her, too. She's not stupid. Don't let the valley-girl-ish writing style fool you.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

one belt loop wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:I think I actually like this girl. She's expanding her horizons and giving music she normally wouldn't ever listen to a fair shot. If everyone took something they didn't know and devoted this much time to it the world would be a better place. Rock on.

I just started reading this today and I like her, too. She's not stupid. Don't let the valley-girl-ish writing style fool you.

But now I have to add (yes, I'm deep into this and committed) that every song she touts as a favorite is the poppiest, lightest-weight song on whatever album she happens to be listening to. But I did like this comment about Neil Young, whose voice she does not like at all:

And, I will admit, the guitar solos are pretty impressive. I don't know if it's Neil doing them, but they're quite good.

Cute, right?
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Smitty wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/wigger-day-red-wing-minnesota_n_916323.html

Seriously fucked up.

I read a couple comments below the article and had to close the tab. Ridiculous.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Duke Silver wrote:
Smitty wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/wigger-day-red-wing-minnesota_n_916323.html

Seriously fucked up.

I read a couple comments below the article and had to close the tab. Ridiculous.

Hmmmm...you're both being remarkably ambiguous. What's seriously fucked up? The event or the suit? Which comments are ridiculous?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

beantownbubba wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:

Seriously fucked up.

Hmmmm...you're both being remarkably ambiguous. What's seriously fucked up? The event or the suit? Which comments are ridiculous?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

The event and the comments defending it and criticizing the suit.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Smarty Jones

Post by Smarty Jones »

one belt loop wrote:
one belt loop wrote:

But now I have to add (yes, I'm deep into this and committed) that every song she touts as a favorite is the poppiest, lightest-weight song on whatever album she happens to be listening to. But I did like this comment about Neil Young, whose voice she does not like at all:

And, I will admit, the guitar solos are pretty impressive. I don't know if it's Neil doing them, but they're quite good.

Cute, right?

Unfortunately, I can see where she would get this idea. She's accustomed to the multitudes of modern-day pop stars that strut around and pose with guitars because it looks cool, when in reality they can't play a single note. It's strange to think an artist would actually be playing his own guitar solos. Sad, but true.

Like many her age, she lacks the sufficient brain cells needed to appreciate a talent like Neil's. The best songs are not always the ones heard on commercials, sound the most "auto-tuned" or were covered by Glee years later. It's something that our generation was never made to understand.

Despite that, I appreciate the fact that she's trying to reach far beyond her own limits. But if she totally misses on SRO, that opinion could go south pretty fast.
SMITH: Either I'm dead right or I'm crazy!
SEN: You wouldn't care to put that to a vote, Senator?

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

If this doesn't meet the definition of WTF, I don't know what would!!!

What the F is wrong with people!!!

WHDH-TV
updated 8/3/2011 4:46:43 PM ET 2011-08-03T20:46:43
Font: +-BOSTON -- A mother accused of punching her toddler son in the mouth on a city bus and shouting expletives at him was surrounded by a "hostile" crowd of passengers until police arrived, authorities said Wednesday.

read on...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44006036/ns ... boston_ma/
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

this was this past weekend at the hospital - it's recently went tobacco free, so you have to cross the road to smoke if you don't wanna get hassled by their security...

so me & this guy are out there smoking, talking about how it sucks they took out the designating smoking area, when he comes out with this bit of wisdom:

"you know, I get tired of hearin how the goddamn mexicans & (disparaging slur for black people) get descriminated against; us smokers are the real victims. If they made all the black folk cross the road for bein' black, they'd have a million dollar lawsuit right then & there. Us smokers need us a NAACP & a Rosa Parks of our own".

I just finished smoking my cigarette and shook my head...

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Mexicans and black guys choose to be Mexican/black, so I see his point

lynne

Post by lynne »

Not a happy or funny WTF of the day....I am one very angry and very sad mom. My 18 year old daughter came home in tears today - her boyfriend hit her. They got in an argument and he grabbed her wrist, left marks on it and then punched her in the chest. I would have never dreamed he would do this. They have been going together for 1 year and he is such a nice guy. I know he is stressed because she is off to college in 2 weeks but that is inexcusable behavior. I am so lost as to what to say to her, other than if he did it once he will do it again and to dump him completely out of her life. My heart is broken right now. I dont understand how anyone could do something so horrible to my sweet baby girl. Dads and moms, make sure you talk to your sons and daughters. Nobody should go through this.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

lynne wrote:Not a happy or funny WTF of the day....I am one very angry and very sad mom. My 18 year old daughter came home in tears today - her boyfriend hit her. They got in an argument and he grabbed her wrist, left marks on it and then punched her in the chest. I would have never dreamed he would do this. They have been going together for 1 year and he is such a nice guy. I know he is stressed because she is off to college in 2 weeks but that is inexcusable behavior. I am so lost as to what to say to her, other than if he did it once he will do it again and to dump him completely out of her life. My heart is broken right now. I dont understand how anyone could do something so horrible to my sweet baby girl. Dads and moms, make sure you talk to your sons and daughters. Nobody should go through this.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

How horrible!! :( :(

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

I wish there was somthing to say...
Your right, tell her to leave him and never look back. Make sure she knows she deserves better and never has to accept that.
Press charges on the asshole if possible.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

That's terrible, Lynne... GW said it best.
There's no excuse for that shit, and if he does it once it's highly probable he'd do it again.