WTF of the day.....

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: WTF of the day.....

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Today, on the 666th* day of his presidency, Trump visited the charred remains of Paradise (CA)

*as of today http://howlonghasdonaldtrumpbeenpresident.com/
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

Dwarf tossing???

What do we know about Neomi Rao, the former law school professor who is Donald Trump’s pick to replace Brett Kavanaugh on the powerful D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals? For one, she is the current head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs in the Office of Management and Budget, where she has championed deregulation and the dismantling of the so-called “administrative state.” Before that, she founded the Center for the Study of the Administrative State, with money from the Koch brothers, at George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School. (This sentence came from hell.) Another thing to know about Rao is that she is a noted defender of a fucked up practice called “dwarf-tossing.”

Flea

Post by Flea »

There is nothing wrong with dwarf tossing as long as it is consensual between two or more adults.
Now it's dark.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Flea wrote:There is nothing wrong with dwarf tossing as long as it is consensual between two or more adults.
Amen.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

John A Arkansawyer

LBRod wrote:
Flea wrote:There is nothing wrong with dwarf tossing as long as it is consensual between two or more adults.
Amen.
Just because it's consensual between the adults doing the tossing doesn't mean the dwarf signed off on it.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Flea

Post by Flea »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
LBRod wrote:
Amen.
Just because it's consensual between the adults doing the tossing doesn't mean the dwarf signed off on it.
I don't see many people randomly hoisting little people and heaving them for distance points, John. Maybe y'all do it differently in Arkansas?
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Dwarf tossing???

What do we know about Neomi Rao, the former law school professor who is Donald Trump’s pick to replace Brett Kavanaugh on the powerful D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals? For one, she is the current head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs in the Office of Management and Budget, where she has championed deregulation and the dismantling of the so-called “administrative state.” Before that, she founded the Center for the Study of the Administrative State, with money from the Koch brothers, at George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School. (This sentence came from hell.) Another thing to know about Rao is that she is a noted defender of a fucked up practice called “dwarf-tossing.”
The late Doug Buffone, former Bears linebacker, owned a bar on the Chicago suburbs in the late seventies-early eighties that featured dwarf-tossing every Friday and Saturday night and old Dougie usually had the first "toss" so to speak. I knew Doug a little bit later on and he would tell stories about it that had us all rolling on the floor laughing. I guess I should be ashamed about the laughing but it is what it is.

On a related but different note, a couple of years ago when in Birmingham for DBT shows we stayed at a downtown hotel that was hosting a midget convention for the southern district. Who knew that they organized into districts?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
On a related but different note, a couple of years ago when in Birmingham for DBT shows we stayed at a downtown hotel that was hosting a midget convention for the southern district. Who knew that they organized into districts?
How else are you going to elect who is going to represent the Lollipop Guild?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
How else are you going to elect who is going to represent the Lollipop Guild?

Flea

Post by Flea »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:

The late Doug Buffone, former Bears linebacker, owned a bar on the Chicago suburbs in the late seventies-early eighties that featured dwarf-tossing every Friday and Saturday night and old Dougie usually had the first "toss" so to speak. I knew Doug a little bit later on and he would tell stories about it that had us all rolling on the floor laughing. I guess I should be ashamed about the laughing but it is what it is.

Just because they are vertically challenged doesn't mean they are not democratic. Note the small "D".
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Flea wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:

Just because they are vertically challenged doesn't mean they are not democratic. Note the small "D".
Small “d”— I see what you did there

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Cops Force Doctors to Anally Probe Man for Traffic Violation.....Then Bill Him $4,500

:x :x :x :x :x

this is one of the most fucked-up things I've heard about in a while. Motherfuck everyone involved in this who isn't Torrence Jackson, I hope they are all sued for everything they are worth, careers are lost, and jail time is served

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

How did we let this fall to page 2?

https://twitter.com/MikaelThalen/status ... 2266094593
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Washington D.C.

Every. Goddamn. Day.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

Oh, my name’s Drew

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The young woman said she used to joke about the ghost that haunted her apartment.

Maddie, a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, who identified herself only by her first name, explained to WFMY-TV that her clothing had mysteriously disappeared in the past. Moreover, the junior told other local news outlets this week, she had previously noticed handprints on the bathroom walls. They weren’t hers.

On Saturday, Greensboro police say, Maddie finally confronted her “ghost” after hearing something rattling in her closet.

“Who’s in there?” she recalled asking in the interview with WFMY. As she pressed against the closet door, she realized a spirit wasn’t responsible for the sounds.

“Oh, my name’s Drew,” a man’s voice replied.

If you have ghosts..... you're still better off than those who have Drew

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

And just think, this wasn't even in Florida!

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:And just think, this wasn't even in Florida!
not enough guns, gators, or face-eating for Florida

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

:cry: :evil: :cry: :evil:

John A Arkansawyer

Smitty wrote:Oh, Alabama...
I appreciate the notice. I'd hate to be unprepared when guests arrive.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:Oh, Alabama...
Don’t it take you down home?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Also, what the fuck kind of name is Goodloe? :roll:

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Also, what the fuck kind of name is Goodloe? :roll:
It's the kind of name Mike Cooley would put in song lyrics.
Let the outside air in

whatwouldcooleydo?

He pretended a date stood him up at Outback Steakhouse on Valentine’s Day. Strangers picked up his tab.

What has confounded me are the generally positive responses to this. I'm not offended by this or anything, don't really care one way or the other, but the responses to this that hail this guy as doing something creative or cool have me wondering if I'm just completely out of touch. I acknowledge his commitment to the bit, but still...... At least the comments make me think that I'm not alone in being out of touch

Within a matter of hours, thousands of people had retweeted or liked Bonser’s Twitter thread, and at least one woman had volunteered to go on a real date with him. “Get this cat free steak.....FO LIFE!” wrote NFL Network host Cole Wright, who deemed it the funniest Twitter thread of all time. Fantasy football analyst Adam Rank, also with NFL Network, chimed in: “I feel like you’re the hero we don’t deserve.”

whatwouldcooleydo?

schlanky wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Also, what the fuck kind of name is Goodloe? :roll:
It's the kind of name Mike Cooley would put in song lyrics.
Uncle Goodloe
Goodloe Casiano
Hearing Goodloe Loud

I said "Goodloe, who?", and you told me to kiss your ass

:lol:

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

from deep in the heart of MAGA country:

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboy-pinball ... 09924.html