WTF of the day.....

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

LuthierJustin

Re: WTF of the day.....

Post by LuthierJustin »

This is exactly why i support the second amendment, imagine if someone close had a gun too, they could dropped the guy before he killed all those people.
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LuthierJustin wrote:This is exactly why i support the second amendment, imagine if someone close had a gun too, they could dropped the guy before he killed all those people.

or people could have thought there were 2 gunmen, and then everyone could have pulled out guns and it would be like the wild west! AWESOME!
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

yeah no one should have guns but the police and criminals, good luck if someone breaks into your house. now that would be "AWESOME" :lol:

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

beantownbubba wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:In light of the discussion currently taking place in the David Allan Coe thread:

Regarding the De-Niggering of Huck Finn

Understandably it's a touchy subject and very easy to be misunderstood but I'm one of the ones that's of the belief that if the word is removed from Huck Finn, it only increases it's negative power.

I cannot believe that we're still having this discussion in 2011. This can't happen. Period. If you can't handle the truth stay out of the kitchen, or something like that. Next thing you know, "they" will be editing out any reference to slaves at all, trying to pretend the whole sordid thing never happened in order to protect somebody or other's sensibilities. Feh.

I understand where this clip could be offensive to some so delete it if you must but I suggest listening to it first.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LuthierJustin wrote:yeah no one should have guns but the police and criminals, good luck if someone breaks into your house. now that would be "AWESOME" :lol:

way to move the goal posts
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

LuthierJustin wrote:yeah no one should have guns but the police and criminals, good luck if someone breaks into your house. now that would be "AWESOME" :lol:

You DO realize of course LJ, it's illegal for criminals to own guns!
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Swamp wrote:

they are CRIMINALS, that means they don't follow the LAW

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

LuthierJustin wrote:
Swamp wrote:

they are CRIMINALS, that means they don't follow the LAW

I don't have any stats, but I am assuming that most crimes committed with guns are done so w/illegally acquired or owned guns.

To properly carry in Iowa, you need to have a permit to own a handgun, and you need to take some sort of class before the carry permit is issued. There are also other background checks and whatnot as well.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

That kind of tragedy is exactly the reason why I support the second amendment. I'm getting a handgun soon as well as a concealed carry permit. I'm prepared to level anyone that is prepared to level me or my family. However, I hope I never have to make such a choice.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

never going back wrote:That kind of tragedy is exactly the reason why I support the second amendment. I'm getting a handgun soon as well as a concealed carry permit. I'm prepared to level anyone that is prepared to level me or my family. However, I hope I never have to make such a choice.

Damn straight. You go girl!!!!
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Sian-of-the-dead

Post by Sian-of-the-dead »

Logging in and seeing a thread entitled 'Assless Chaps' :?
Truck Log Auditor extraordinaire.

Clams

Post by Clams »

I'd like to hear more about Smitty's under-the-porch armadillos. Do they come out? Are they nocturnal? Do they make noise? Get into your trash? Are they dangerous? What are their names? Can you post pics?
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:I'd like to hear more about Smitty's under-the-porch armadillos. Do they come out? Are they nocturnal? Do they make noise? Get into your trash? Are they dangerous? What are their names? Can you post pics?

Looks like the mollusk has a lizard fetish.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

LuthierJustin wrote:This is exactly why i support the second amendment, imagine if someone close had a gun too, they could dropped the guy before he killed all those people.

Or they could of missed, and maybe killed another nine year old. This is was exactly the kind of situation that called for some cranked up amateur Travis Bickle bringing it to a safe conclussion.
Keep calm and have a cigar

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

never going back wrote:That kind of tragedy is exactly the reason why I support the second amendment. I'm getting a handgun soon as well as a concealed carry permit. I'm prepared to level anyone that is prepared to level me or my family. However, I hope I never have to make such a choice.

The vast majority of the people that I have met in my lifetime that espouse this viewpoint seem to me as If It's there fondest wish that someone put them in a position where they have to bust a cap in someones ass.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Clams wrote:I'd like to hear more about Smitty's under-the-porch armadillos. Do they come out? Are they nocturnal? Do they make noise? Get into your trash? Are they dangerous? What are their names? Can you post pics?

Are they dangerous to chickens? I always imagined them as being kinda cute but i'll take those fuckers out if I have to.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Clams

Post by Clams »

Beebs wrote:

Are they dangerous to chickens? I always imagined them as being kinda cute but i'll take those fuckers out if I have to.

Forgot about that one. Sorry, beebs.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

beantownbubba wrote:

Looks like the mollusk has a lizard fetish.

Wait a second.....does Bubba think Armadillos are lizards?

City kids. Sheesh. :roll:
Beebs is not a ragey man

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Took about a half hour longer than i expected, beebs ;)

If i was being totally honest, I'd say i didn't really know but assumed they weren't but should be, but as between the truth and a good line (well, i thought it was, but then again, i've seen clams's real live lizard*) you know which way i'm going. :)

*No, not a jim morrison kind of lizard you perverted bastards.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

beantownbubba wrote:If i was being totally honest, I'd say i didn't really know but assumed they weren't but should be, but as between the truth and a good line (well, i thought it was, but then again, i've seen clams's real live lizard*) you know which way i'm going.

that made my head hurt
Beebs is not a ragey man

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beebs wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:If i was being totally honest, I'd say i didn't really know but assumed they weren't but should be, but as between the truth and a good line (well, i thought it was, but then again, i've seen clams's real live lizard*) you know which way i'm going.

that made my head hurt

As well it should have. :oops: :oops: Stream of consciousness does not suit me well.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

Zip City wrote:

or people could have thought there were 2 gunmen, and then everyone could have pulled out guns and it would be like the wild west! AWESOME!

Yeah, cuz that happens all the time in the 48 states that allow CC.

Can you find me any info/reports/accounts where such an event occurred in a CC state?

Besides, looking at the aftermath, it appears that there would have been plenty of time to neutralize the subject. (how many folks did he blast?)
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

sactochris wrote:

The vast majority of the people that I have met in my lifetime that espouse this viewpoint seem to me as If It's there fondest wish that someone put them in a position where they have to bust a cap in someones ass.

I think those folks were doing nothing more than talking tough. Nobody REALLY wants to take another person's life. If so, I would imagine those folks already have done so.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Cotter wrote:
sactochris wrote:

I think those folks were doing nothing more than talking tough. Nobody REALLY wants to take another person's life. If so, I would imagine those folks already have done so.

I guess I was just running with the wrong crowd. :?

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

LOL! Perhaps....perhaps...but I would surmise there's plenty of us that have spent (and are spending) time with the 'wrong crowd'...

Hell, my ma would think all y'all are the 'wrong crowd'.

LOL

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

sactochris wrote:

That's a shame. I'm sorry you've met people like that. Taking someone else's life would wreck me. But nearly as much as someone else taking the life of someone in my family and me spending the rest of my life wondering if things could have worked out differently.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

They're fairly nocturnal - only seen them once during the day - haven't gotten into the trash (oppossums had that covered, until I filled em full of lead) - all they do is scare the shit out of you at night when you walk up the steps and dig holes in the yard while we're asleep - they do this hissing noise, kinda scary - no names - if it were easy to catch em on camera I'd have done killed their asses
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

BrittO787

Post by BrittO787 »

Smitty wrote:I found a dead armadillo in my yard last week...
still have two living under the porch tho

I've got armadillos at my house too! Cleburne Co. is overrun with them.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

BrittO787 wrote:
Smitty wrote:I found a dead armadillo in my yard last week...
still have two living under the porch tho

I've got armadillos at my house too! Cleburne Co. is overrun with them.

Welcome Britt. Hard to tell from the small pic (or maybe it's my eyes, but whatever) are u the person I want to play poker w/ or the one i want to avoid?